“Always a pleasure!”

Ocean Towers Beach Club
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I have been going to this condo for over 30 yrs! Our parents took us here when we were young. Some units could use a little updating, but all units we've stayed in have been clean and fully functional. Kitchen and washer/dryer (so handy - pack light and wash midweek) in each unit. Clean & Roomy! Pool and Hot Tub, Exercise Room, Deck with grills available for guest use, great views, friendly and helpful staff, beautiful beach with rental chairs/umbrellas available, wave runners, parasailing, pedal water biikes, sailing, and lots more close by! Fantastic for an affordable family vacation!

Room Tip: If visiting during spring break, request west side(rooms ending in 8-14 to reduce noise from partier...
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Judy_Ree
There are newer reviews for Ocean Towers Beach Club

Reviewed August 1, 2011

The place is in bad need of updating and not very clean. The management "Bob" is very rude. If you are a smoker BE WARE, you CANNOT smoke anywhere on the premises, this includes the parking lot, balconies, etc. They have one smoking area at each end (outside) of the condos. My husband was fined $100 for smoking on the balcony not knowing he would be fined since he was smoking outside! Bob also said it could be up to a $700 fine (each day you stay) if they felt like charging you, and they just add it to your credit card bill. I agree with all the other comments about the staff, they are NOT friendly and very rude. STAY AWAY IF YOU CAN!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
11  Thank DTerry8567
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We've stayed here as far back as 1992 and normally at one of the most hectic times: Spring Break. You really can't blame them for their sometimes curtness when you observe everything and everyone that they are dealing with. The Security personnel have always made us glad that they are strict about wearing the bands, parking, even ensuring that the Spring Breakers from next door or from the Public Access are promptly questioned to ensure whether or not they belong on the premises. We've also stayed there in the summer time and during Bike Week and the Office Staff are much more friendlier when they are dealing with adults and families. Yes there is some aging to the premises; yet at the same time, we've noticed that they have also updated here and there. Gone is the old wallpaper in the kitchen! The bathroom toilet tissue holders are still from the 80's, etc; yet the units that we've occupied have always been clean. I'm not sure what people are comparing them to. I think they tend to cater more to their Time Share Owners than to the short term renters, but beyond that, it's obvious that we like the place well enough to keep going back.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SandDoll_11
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Went there to celebrate my Daughters fifty birthday and to have a nice vacation. It was the worst vacation I have ever experience, the staff and manager Bob were very rude to their guest. They have so many rules that you are afraid to do any thing because they will fine you.I don't see how they can fine you because they are not an agent of the law nor a city agent . I was fined for someone smoking on the balcony I was not at the condo when this happen when I got back the paper was in my unit. I don/t smoke so how can they fine me . I spoke to Bob about this and he said he would get back with me but he never did. Wen I got home I called my Lawyer and he said what they are doing is not legal and to depute it with my cred card company. And if that don"t work he will take care of it since they are not agents to collect fines. The place needs upgrading bad you could fell the springs in the bed, the sliding door rollers were so rusted they I sprung my wrist trying to open and closing it. Went to get on the elevator and it almost closed on me.this was very unsafe. Another thing about the staff being so rude we had guest that lived in town to visit us one night and she was smoking in her car when she drove up and got out of the car a security started yelling at her you can't smoke here how did she know she was unaware of their silly rules. So if you want to have a pleasant vacation stay away from the OCEAN TOWERS BEACH CLUB

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
13  Thank vanwill1
Reviewed July 14, 2011

Stayed reciently.Confirmation says,NO! pets allowed.The very next week a rule change about how much we love dogs & dogs are welcomed.???Not a change our family agrees with.!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank lewolfe
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Again for over 20 years we have come and every year it makes me sader that we drive the distance we do and I'm having to come again because my husband likes to walk on the beach. I can't say enough about the view we have, the ocean is beautiful from the outside because the window are usually dirty. The room is OK, not always the cleanest and I have to bring my cookware and of course WATER, not your fault. I can not bring my little 5 lb. dog because of WHY ? I can't blame my room on not being clean because of a pet ! Not smoking has been hard but I've dealt with it, I try to do this regardless where we go. I have NEVER left the room in bad shape infact it's cleaner. I have read the reviews and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one disappointed on how a dream has become a dread. You need to read your reviews very carefully and make litte allowences for us evern little hotels does that. In fact you do nothing, not even a hello, I've talked more to the maintance men than you. The younger people seems to have a good time drinking and partying but they didn't pay for it did they ?

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
7  Thank shirleytotherow
Reviewed April 19, 2011

Although the location of this hotel was great, the experience was ruined by rude staff.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family