“Only thing good is location!”

Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Panama City
“Only thing good is location!”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

No one answers the front desk or guest relations phone for service. Rooms are super old and run down. Outside looks dumpy and nothing like the pictures! Pictures EMBELLISH greatly! The only good thing was the price and location and I'm not sure it was worth it.

1 Thank SouthsideyankeeD
BoardwalkBeachResort, Public Relations Manager at Boardwalk Beach Resort Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dear SouthsideyankeeD,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are glad to hear that you did find value in our location and happy to announce that we are currently undergoing renovations. Some of these renovations have already been made, while others are still to come. The floors, bunk beds, fresh paint and more that you did see in the new rooms were all part of this renovation project that will continue to help us improve our hotel. Hopefully this will help you better understand why the pictures do not look exactly like the current rooms.

Guest Satisfaction Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I really loved this place. Everyone was very nice and it was in a great location. Great place to stay for a young couple! They also had great rates for the end of summer! The room was nice and very clean and we had plenty of room for the two of us! We had a great time and very nice stay!

1 Thank ShelbyPick14
Dear ShelbyPick14,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are always glad to see a happy and satisfied guest speak up and write a positive review for us. We look forward to serving you on your next trip to Panama City Beach!

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

We had to wait over 2 hrs for our room. The room was so dark. Only had one table lamp. The bathroom had mold and there were not enough towel rakes. There was a bulb missing in the bathroom light. The door did not have a security latch. There were no ice machines in the Dunes and the front desk had none. The staff were not customer friendly or helpful. No do not disturb sign. Not to worry they only clean your room when you sign up. Heard that the hotel is a hot spot for spring break
so family orientated is unheard of.

• Stayed July 2014
BoardwalkBeachResort, Guest Relations Manager at Boardwalk Beach Resort Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Regina P,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are concerned to hear about some of your complaints. Please email details of your stay (room number, name on the reservation, etc) to GuestSatisfaction@BoardwalkBeachResort.com.

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

LaGrange, Georgia
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for three days and was very skeptical about the rooms due to the reviews, but I can honestly say that I did not experience none of the bad reviews that some have stated. Yes, the hotel needs to be revamped, but my room was freshy painted and clean. The only thing I was missing was a remote and I called the front desk to bring one, but I did not stay in the hotel room to wait on it. The view of the beach was nice and the hotel is not far from Pineapple Willy's! I enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: I would highly suggest getting the gulfview and corner room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear latoya 86,

Thank you for the taking the time to write this honest review. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us and we always appreciate positive feedback from our guests. You are also correct about our hotel needing to be revamped and we would like for you to know that we are currently in the process of doing just that, as you noticed from the fresh paint in your room. Please come back and see us next year, once renovations are complete.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for one night. The view was a good as you would want in Panama City. The rooms were extremely disappointing though. Very damaged. Hotel needs a major facelift and a good paint job. The refrigerator was ok, but there was a 2 inch layer of frost in the freezer part. Room was clean, but the air conditioner was very loud !! The remote control to the television didn't work. Check in was pretty quick considering the line. Lobby area was clean, but needs to be painted.Two elevators, one was out of order. Pool area was pretty clean, but I did not swim in the pool. Parking was not convenient, had to park 2 lots over because there were no places left after 10 p.m. Hotel staff should limit vehicles to hotel guests only, because it seems there were people parked there who weren't paying for a room ! Hotel had free wi-fi and it worked fine.I would consider staying in the condos next time, but not the hotel part. Most of my complaints are not complete deal breakers, but the hotel could seriously benefit from a remodel.

Room Tip: The 4th floor beach side had a nice view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank smrobin01
Dear smrobin01,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our customer service and cleanliness. We are glad to hear how much enjoyed our beautiful location. Your comments are valued and we appreciate your honest feedback. We want you to know that we’ve heard you is actively undergoing renovations and new paint is just one of the many upgrades we are making to our rooms. We apologize for the parking issues, while we never want any of our guests to be inconvenienced so we do limit the number of parking spots per room during the busy summer months.

We hope you will try us again when the renovations are complete, our upgrades are sure to improve our enhance guest experiences, while still being able to stay footsteps from the sand at an affordable price.

Loganville, Georgia
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Considering this was the only available room for the weekend we were staying I have to say I was afraid of what it would be. If you are looking for nice and safe stay elsewhere if possible! For a 2 night stay we lived through it and thank god I saw no roaches or bugs on our stay. I have to say the room was fairly clean but stunk of cigarette smoke even though it was non-smoking. This reminds me of a place I would've stayed as a teenager on spring break, no headboards, plaster walls, moldy bathroom, etc. this place needs a complete overhaul to be nice not just some paint and new mattresses which is what they have done. The biggest concern is that I didn't feel very safe, the first night I woke up at. 3am to a drunken couple arguing loudly, I figured the cops would be there any moment but nothing, second night I woke up to someone trying to get into our room, probably another drunkard, I was ready to leave after that! I will not be staying here again, beach is beautiful, if you can stand the conditions it's a good location!

1 Thank LoveTheBeach143
Dear LoveTheBeach143,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our centralized beach-front location, but sorry to hear that you did not find the rest of your stay satisfactory. Regarding your concern was safety or the noise level of your neighbors, we wish that you would have informed us of this encounter. Our guests' experiences are of utmost importance to us and our round the clock guest relations department would have quickly handled either situation.

We acknowledge your comments regarding the condition of the hotel property and are actively making upgrades to the guest rooms and the property as a whole. Some of these renovations have already been completed, while others are soon to follow. Upgrades such as new hardwood floors, fresh paint, new furniture, and new room décor are a few reasons why our new rooms are sure to enhance guest experiences, while still staying only footsteps from the beach at an affordable price.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Okay, I was terrified of staying here after I read the consistently terrible reviews; however, it was NOT as bad as people have made it out to be. First and foremost, the location is great- which is what you're paying for if you are interested in a real beach vacation that doesn't include staying in the room watching TV. It seems the hotel is in between a few small rental houses and then empty lots, so you're not crowded on the beach. Secondly, I saw no roaches or other bugs in room 4436 and it was pretty clean inside. I am the type of person that travels with Clorox wipes anyhow, but I can't say it was necessary. Check in and check out were a breeze, literally. The staff's manners are just fine, sure they don't kiss your butt, but this is not a five-star hotel. Sure the elevator is a little grungy as well as the halls, but if you are on a beach vacation in and out with sand on your feet- then so are you most likely. The cleaning ladies came by every day around noon and even made me sign a paper when I told them I did not need them to clean my room or give me new towels, so they definitely tried. If you are looking for a three star hotel in which you can go to the beach on a budget, then this is definitely your place! Of course this is coming from a person that is there for the beach and not the amenities, the pool, the ice machine, nor the resturaunt- I didn't even check into all that! I was there to have a good time, and I definitely had it!

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Casey D
Dear Casey D,

Thank you for the taking the time to write this honest review. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us and we always appreciate positive feedback from our guests. Please come back and see us next year, once renovations are complete.