Boardwalk Beach Hotel & Convention Center
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$110
HolidayInn.com
$99
Country Inn
$124
Hampton.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$89
Beachcomber By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$112
$109
Chateau Motel(Panama City Beach)
$98
  • Pool
Legacy By The Sea(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$189
$125
Hotels.com
Beachside Resort Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$134
Travelocity
Holiday Terrace Motel(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$115
  • Pool
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Considering this was the only available room for the weekend we were staying I have to say I was afraid of what it would be. If you are looking for nice and safe stay elsewhere if possible! For a 2 night stay we lived through it and thank god I saw no roaches or bugs on our stay. I have to say the room was fairly clean but stunk of cigarette smoke even though it was non-smoking. This reminds me of a place I would've stayed as a teenager on spring break, no headboards, plaster walls, moldy bathroom, etc. this place needs a complete overhaul to be nice not just some paint and new mattresses which is what they have done. The biggest concern is that I didn't feel very safe, the first night I woke up at. 3am to a drunken couple arguing loudly, I figured the cops would be there any moment but nothing, second night I woke up to someone trying to get into our room, probably another drunkard, I was ready to leave after that! I will not be staying here again, beach is beautiful, if you can stand the conditions it's a good location!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank LoveTheBeach143
BoardwalkBeachResort, Guest Relations Manager at Boardwalk Beach Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear LoveTheBeach143,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our centralized beach-front location, but sorry to hear that you did not find the rest of your stay satisfactory. Regarding your concern was safety or the noise level of your neighbors, we wish that you would have informed us of this encounter. Our guests' experiences are of utmost importance to us and our round the clock guest relations department would have quickly handled either situation.

We acknowledge your comments regarding the condition of the hotel property and are actively making upgrades to the guest rooms and the property as a whole. Some of these renovations have already been completed, while others are soon to follow. Upgrades such as new hardwood floors, fresh paint, new furniture, and new room décor are a few reasons why our new rooms are sure to enhance guest experiences, while still staying only footsteps from the beach at an affordable price.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Okay, I was terrified of staying here after I read the consistently terrible reviews; however, it was NOT as bad as people have made it out to be. First and foremost, the location is great- which is what you're paying for if you are interested in a real beach vacation that doesn't include staying in the room watching TV. It seems the hotel is in between a few small rental houses and then empty lots, so you're not crowded on the beach. Secondly, I saw no roaches or other bugs in room 4436 and it was pretty clean inside. I am the type of person that travels with Clorox wipes anyhow, but I can't say it was necessary. Check in and check out were a breeze, literally. The staff's manners are just fine, sure they don't kiss your butt, but this is not a five-star hotel. Sure the elevator is a little grungy as well as the halls, but if you are on a beach vacation in and out with sand on your feet- then so are you most likely. The cleaning ladies came by every day around noon and even made me sign a paper when I told them I did not need them to clean my room or give me new towels, so they definitely tried. If you are looking for a three star hotel in which you can go to the beach on a budget, then this is definitely your place! Of course this is coming from a person that is there for the beach and not the amenities, the pool, the ice machine, nor the resturaunt- I didn't even check into all that! I was there to have a good time, and I definitely had it!

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Casey D

Dear Casey D,

Thank you for the taking the time to write this honest review. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with your stay with us and we always appreciate positive feedback from our guests. Please come back and see us next year, once renovations are complete.

Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stay here at this hotel on Aug 1 2014. However, we used our coupon hotel book and found this hotel...I tell you what this is the most nasty supposed to be resort I ever stay in after going to sleep and waking up the next day me and my husband discovered that we found nasty some one else blood on the spread. Please, don't stay here because it just like you are throwing your money away in the ocean.. This hotel is a nasty motel and needs to be closed up. I will be reporting them...it also has a horrible smell outside.....

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sheraton G

Dear Sheraton G,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We only wish that you would have let us know about your issue during the time of your stay, so we could have had an opportunity to correct any problems that you were having.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Check in was bit of a wait. Needs serious update of deco. Mold on drapes and above shower tiles. Beds uncomfortable and pillows flat. No storage space except for 2 drawers on entertainment center. No small rugs or carpeting to brush sand off feet. Not enough outlets. Blankets had stains. No kitchenette or washer/ dryers available. To get ice had to go to front desk. For the 5 day 4 night stay The price was a deal for those traveling on a tight budget. Located near main attractions but not too close to all the traffic congestion.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank amanda c

Dear Amanda c,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are happy to hear that you saw a value in the price of our hotel and that you enjoyed our convenient location. Your comments are valued and we appreciate your honest feedback. We want you to know that we’ve heard you and acknowledge your comments regarding the condition of the hotel property. As sited in our previous responses, we are actively undergoing renovations and upgrades to our guest rooms. Some of these renovations have already been completed, while others are soon to follow. We sincerely hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Panama City Beach and have the opportunity to enjoy the enhancements we've made, while still staying footsteps from sand at an affordable price.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have stayed in some low end places before and why I didn’t read the reviews first, I have no idea, but this might have been the worst. Everything you read before and after this review can be copied and pasted. It was totally disgusting, almost to the point of humor.

If you are reading and thinking, “how can it be that bad?” trust me, it is.

This place doesn’t make any business sense to me. They are always packed, they host huge events and conventions and yet the whole place is garbage. How can that be? They must make a killing. Its prime on the beach and the beach is beautiful but how do you explain being totally sold out and nothing is clean, people are waiting a hour to check in, mold in the ice maker, 10 people squeezed into rooms. Someone left their underwear outside my room when I was leaving at 6am.

Stay here if you must be right on the beach and are on a budget and don’t mind dirt and mold and blood. You can really do so much better a few blocks away. I would never stay at this facility again. I would never let anyone I know stay here either. I wouldn’t let a dog stay here.

Room Tip: To get a good room, drive to another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Amanda S

Dear Amanda S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Your comments are valued and we appreciate your candid feedback. We are pleased to hear that you see the potential for our hotel if the correct improvements are made. We acknowledge your comments about the condition of the property and want you to know the Boardwalk Beach Resort Hotel & Convention Center is actively undergoing changes and renovations!

Our commitment to investing into the Boardwalk Beach Resort Hotel & Convention Center will continue throughout this year with upgrades to guest rooms, common areas and amenities. Some of these renovations have already been completed, while others are soon to follow. Upgrades such as new hardwood floors, fresh paint, new furniture, and new room décor are a few reasons why our new rooms are sure to enhance guest experiences, while still staying only footsteps from the beach at an affordable price.