“VERY OUTDATED BUT CLEAN ROOM”

Boardwalk Beach Resort Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
MELBORNE FL
“VERY OUTDATED BUT CLEAN ROOM”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

checked in on friday sept 7th the room was outdated but it was very clean the bed was hard i am very big on cleanliness and it was clean had a towel in the shape of a duck which thought was very pleasent upon check in. on saturday got a chance to talk with a housekeeper cleaning a room very nice young lady very cheerful she said she was from jamaica while i was talking with her she said she loved working there also while i was speaking with her a male employee walked up and told her how great of a job she was doing i thought to myself how nice that was. he said hi to me and asked how i was enjoying my stay i said wonderful after he had left i asked the housekeeper who that was she said that was her new manager. i dont know how you run your hotel but i would stay here again anytime for the cleanliness and the wonderful staff that i have encountered while i have stayed there over the weekend. but try to update rooms from my experience.

Room Tip: outdated rooms but very clean pleasent housekeepers
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Okay, before I got to this place, I had read the reviews and all were bad. On the night before my arrival, I got feedback from fellow friends who arrived one day before me and all reviews were terrible. I arrived feeling as though this was going to be a disaster for the entire trip. I brought Lysol and was prepared to be completely miserable. Upon arrival, we checked in and found the room was outdated, think Motel 6 from the late 70's early 80's, but it was clean. I did still spray it down just to be on the safe side. The staff was wonderful. Everything we needed, they were willing to accomadate us. Over 200 of us were there for a convention and we heard some horrible stories of some of the rooms, but we also found out that this hotel had some issues with mold and mildew because of previous storms that had come through. The meeting rooms were awesome, and they had a food court on site that had great sandwiches and breakfast foods with a bar on site that prepared also. The food that was served for our banquet was totally superb. The staff outdid themselves with service in everyway. The hotel wa right on the beach with a clean pool and boardwalk within a few steps. If u just want a place to crash, this is the place for it, if you have a banquet, this is the place for it. The friendly staff made the whole trip worthwhile for me.

Room Tip: Just hope there is never a huge party because you can hear from inside rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Soddy Daisy, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

This place is in serious need of a total updating and cleaning. This was just a weekend trip to visit my son that is serving in the Navy here in Panama City Florida. This hotel has very small room, all the things in the room, from the beds to the coffee maker were old and out dated. The carpets looked dirty and there were holes in the walls in the bathroom, the blinds were yellow looking ( they use to be white) and they were broken. There was only one lamp in the room and did not give off much light. Which thinking about it might have been a good thing because the room was not very clean. I would NOT recomend this hotel to anyone!!!!

Room Tip: Just find another hotel and check the reviews before you book it
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ruth L

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

AFTER checking in, we were told they had overbooked & that we would have to park off site during our stay...when they say offsite, they mean a long hike! Poor customer service...Room was run down & not very clean! Unfortunately, our room was not far from the pool area where they had speakers set up blasting music until about 11pm. We were jolted awake around 4am to huge fireworks being shot off (july 6th) somewhere on the grounds. We are frequent visitors to the area & have never been disappointed (or scared) until this visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Be M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Needs some work on this place but good location. This is not a place for you and your wife or nice girlfriend its just a place to crash and bar hop with friends it as a nice beach area once you get on the beach not far from the main clubs on PC beach ....

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank fortdaddy
Hartford, AL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

From the beginning not a good experience.
Reserved room about two weeks ahead of stay. The morning of check-in we arrived and ran into some relatives who decided to drive down to PCB at the last minute. (We all live less than 2 hours away). They booked three rooms upon arrival at the hotel. They booked the same type room we had reserved and received these rooms at about $60 a night cheaper than the room we reserved!! When I questioned the staff at the front desk about this, they informed me that walk-ins receive a cheaper rate. $60 a night cheaper??? Ridiculous!
Also, they were assigned one of their rooms before we were. When I asked about that, I was told it was simply a matter of the housekeeping schedule. Really? We were both checked in and I had a reservation yet a walk-in was assigned a room before I was. The front desk personnel were extremely indifferent and unapologetic.
The room was dirty & moldy. The beds uncomfortable. There were two L-shaped rods extending outward and upward from one side of one of the beds about 5-6 inches. Very hazardous!
The morning we were to check out, I called the front desk to see if I could check out from the room and the person who answered hung up on me.
Will never stay here again and will not recommend this place to anyone. Ever!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RJN74
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

This hotel is easily one of the best locations in PCB if you like to do all the touristy stuff PCB has to offer. It's walking (read: stumbling) distance from Spinnaker's and La Vela, as well as Walmart, tons of restaurants, Go Carts, and shopping. Oh, and it is right on the beach. I'm giving it one star for price and one additional star for location, but it ends there.

First off, the service was AWFUL. The people at the front desk were so unpleasant. They all looked like they had just eaten some diseased seafood...pouting, gruff, and SO. SLOW. We got there around 11pm local time and they had absolutely zero sense of urgency whatsoever. Good thing they didn't enforce the fifteen minute parking at the front because it literally took them half an hour to check us in. And there was only one family in front of us and about five people working the front desk.

We finally got checked in and the lady at the front desk told us with a smirk, "Oh your room is on the first floor, sorry." Why are you sorry? How bad is the first floor? We were about to find out. The first thing I noticed was how old and run-down everything was. The drawers had these weird mystery stains inside of them and the carpet was just disturbing. It was barely even carpet because it was so matted down with petrified chewing gum and other dried fluids. I definitely kept shoes on at all times while inside up until I got in the bed. There were at least fifteen mosquitoes buzzing around inside and the tub in the tiny bathroom did not drain. So that was all well and good since I wasn't expecting much above bare-bones accommodations at the price point I paid (although the mosquitoes were a bit much).

But that night, things just got worse and worse. Let me preface this by saying I sleep like a brick. Hardly anything wakes me up during the night, especially when I am on vacation, but holy crap, this was the noisiest hotel I have ever experienced! There were employees rolling these huge carts back and forth in front of our room and it sounded like the building was being bulldozed they were so loud! Then there were the rednecks. Now, being that Panama City Beach is the capital city of the Redneck Riviera, this was not a surprise to me. However, their proximity to the front door of my room and their late-night (think 3am-5am) hootin' and hollerin' did not allow for a great night's rest. I feel like a lot of the big issues I had with this place could have been remedied simply by being on a higher floor, but who knows. The only way I would ever consider staying here again would be if it was at least the second floor or higher. I didn't see any roaches though, so I guess that is a good thing.

I liked the breakfast at the Food Court. We had a voucher for a free breakfast sandwich which was nice, considering I had barely slept the night before. We hit the beach for the day, which was conveniently located next the hotel. The pool was also pretty good, although there were dozens of kids. Not that I mind kids, it just makes me nervous when there are so many unsupervised.

Night was good since we were able to walk to dinner (at Dee's Hangout--12 min walk) and then La Vela later that night (5 minute walk). Came back to the hotel to drunk to care how loud it was but was rudely awakened at 7am by those carts. So I got about four hours of sleep.

So...would I stay here again? My inclination is no, since there are so many other options, but really I think it would just depend on what else was available. I think a lot of the problems could be fixed by easy and relatively cheap upgrades. New carpet in the whole place would go a LONG way. So would better service. The only people I would recommend this to would be broke college kids or people on an extremely tight budget. And when I say tight, I mean you better be counting pennies. Otherwise, spend an extra thirty bucks per night and get a WAY nicer spot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple