For the money we paid, I was satisfied with the room. Great staff, very clean, but very dated. I listed out pros and cons below with some other neutral items that might help you decide if its right for you.
We had a great time. If I needed a clean room on the beach on a tight budget, I might stay here again. It wasn't bad, it's just older and needs a little work.
The view was awesome. And each room has its own little private balcony ( more on balcony in cons) but the the view couldn't have been any better. The beach was beautiful and the water was very clear.
The pool area was really nice. It had waterfalls, a very large spa and
a nice pool. The pool didn't seem to be heated. There seemed to be a snack bar beside the pool but it was off- season so this wasn't open. But my teenage daughter commented that the pool was the nicest section of the hotel.
Staff was very friendly and responsive. The housekeeping did an excellent job and the room was one of the cleaner I have stayed in.
The cost of the room was very reasonable.
The bed was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows (not great pillows but plenty of them).
Checkin was very easy. As was checkout.
The decor is very dated. It definitely has an eighties feel to it. Floral patterned headboards and curtains. Very dated. But for the cost of the room maybe that's to be expected.
The toilet flushed very slowly and eventually backed up. The water pressure seemed low but the hotel was packed so that may have had something to do with it. Maintenance was quick to respond. And the desk staff was very apologetic.
There are signs up noting that balcony railings are being reinforced. The balcony railing on our room was rusty in places and needed painting.
The doors whistle. When the wind blows at night, it comes through the large crack under the door. It got very loud on the last night we were there. We put a towel under the door to stop it once we figured out what it was. It was loud enough to wake us.
My daughter complained of a mildew odor but I didn't notice it.
The breakfast consists of muffins, donuts, a few pastries, fresh bananas, oranges, and apples, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, black tea, biscuits and gravy. Everything we tried tasted fine except the gravy. Coffee was available all day.
There was a microwave, fridge, coffee maker in the room. All worked.
The tv worked fine. It was the older style- not a flat screen - but that didn't bother us. The picture was very clear.
The rooms are a good size with 2 queen beds.
The bathroom is the sort where the toilet and shower are in the bathroom, but the sink area is out in the room. It's small.
The floor is tile and housekeeping did a good job keeping the sand cleaned up.
The hotel is next door to hooters and within easy walking distance of breakers. It's about 3 miles from pier park.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms are ocean front with balconies, except 1st floor has semi private patio. Hotel offer's 6 story waterfall swimming pool and hot tub along with pool side bar (seasonal) and deluxe continental breakfast. All rooms has microwave and refrigerator's. Centrally located on Panama City Beach main strip known as front beach road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Days Inn Panama City Beach/Ocean Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Panama City Beach/Ocean Front Hotel Panama City Beach
- Panama City Beach Days Inn