After checking out all the reviews here on TripAdvisor we hesitantly decided to choose Days Inn on the Beach in Panama City Beach, FL over Holiday Inn Resort.
In the off season we were worried about ongoing renovations and construction noise, but were amazed at what we found. We were warmly greeted by a lady who seemed to enjoy her job and promptly checked in. There were no noticeable odor yet the building had seen better days. We noticed each day that there was freshly made popcorn, and there was always hot coffee available in the dining area.
Arriving at room 312 we noticed a couple of construction trash bags in the hallway but no noise. While it was evident that construction was ongoing (we saw workers ever so often, and the elevator buttons were being switched out), we heard NO construction or remodeling noise the entire time we were there.
Walking into the room was an eye opener. The room was bright, pleasing colors, and the entire room was tiled (we were use to carpeted rooms) and with the sand from the beach, it made perfect sense to have tiled rooms. While you could tell that the building was older, it was extremely clean and the bedding neat and tidy. The room held a small microwave, a college size refrigerator, iron & board and an older tube style television.
There was damage where the shower head came out of the wall and the bathroom ventilation fan didn't work. The balcony railing paint was flaking and needing repainting yet even with these minor flaws, we enjoyed our two day stay because the view was breathtaking and falling asleep to the sounds of the ocean waves was incredible. We noticed one reviewer mentioning the noise of the ocean kept them awake, yet for us it was exactly the opposite.
Our final day there we tried out the continental breakfast. The disposable saucer sized plates were way too tiny to hold the lukewarm sausage gravy and biscuits, boiled eggs and such but the lady who oversaw the area was friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was clean and well stocked, and for a free breakfast one shouldn't complain.
Checkout was quick and painless when we paid our $112 bill for two nights stay, realizing that our stay cost us 1/3rd of what it would have cost us to stay at other locations. While other resorts might be pristine, modern, shiny and new, you usually pay an arm and leg to stay at them and often face hidden charges. Here, there were NO hidden charges, and the bill was exactly the amount quoted when reserved. The only reason for a less than 5 rating was for the older damaged building which seems to need constant remodeling and repair.
If you're on a budget or just wanting to see more bang for your buck, we'd heartily recommend giving Days Inn on the Beach a try. It was worth more than what we paid and made us realize that you don't have to pay a mint to have a nice stay in one of the worlds most beautiful locations, Panama City Beach, Florida. Thanks Days Inn !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All rooms are ocean front with balconies, except 1st floor has semi private patio. Hotel offer's 6 story waterfall swimming pool and hot tub along with pool side bar (seasonal) and deluxe continental breakfast. All rooms has microwave and refrigerator's. Centrally located on Panama City Beach main strip known as front beach road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Days Inn Panama City Beach/Ocean Front reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Days Inn Panama City Beach/Ocean Front Hotel Panama City Beach
- Panama City Beach Days Inn