“Great hotel, great location, affordable price!”

Days Inn Panama City Beach/Ocean Front
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I went 2 years ago in august and just went again 2 weeks ago. Check-in only took a couple of minutes and then we were on our room. Everything was clean. Every room has a balcony. We had the family room which was 3 queen beds: sleep 6. Split the room price between 6 people and it was great. The view was great, the rooms were clean, awesome pool. 2 miles away from downtown or anything for that matter. The only thing that was maybe a litle negative was some sand in the tub. I am going back in 3 weeks. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel beach resort this is not your place. This is just a great hotel when comparing what u get and how much u pay.

• Stayed: August 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (2,980)

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Like many others, I pulled up at the hotel reluctant of going in and before going in was trying to decide should I forfeit my bid on Priceline and go elsewhere. My room was clean and the beds were freshly changed. The only complaint was the bathroom - old. My husband and I laid towels down in the tub and wore flip flops to take showers even though the tub was clean. This is simply a beach hotel that obtains many visitors so yes there is sand everywhere and if it is in your room it is because you tracked it in the room. If you want luxury this is not the place. If you are looking for a "cheap" quick getaway right on the beach then consider this hotel. Like any hotel stay your stay can be a hit or a miss.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Denise J
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The hotel staff, firstly, were rude and apathetic. When checking in, the young man did not tell me when check-out was, where our room was located, nor when breakfast was served. He handed us the key, without telling us the room number, and simply turned his back and went to the back to text on his cellphone.

The hotel was extremely over-packed and the parking was absolutely horrendous. I had to park across the street from my hotel room (crossing the extremely busy and crowded highway was ridiculously horrible) and I had to have my friends, in another room, transport my luggage across the road for me, since I was unable to load/unload my car.

Because the hotel was extremely over-packed and the majority of the guests were young, college-aged girls and boys. While this is not normally an issue, as I am a college student, myself, but the general over-packed atmosphere, combined with the attention-seeking students and young adults, caused my husband and I to spend the majority of the stay unable to sleep at night, due to the whoops, hollers, banging on the walls, and loud TV noises. Drunken visitors to and from our neighbors were an extreme nuisance.

I normally enjoy my stays at Days Inn in other areas, this was by far the absolute worst. I will never come here again. I'd rather spend a bit more for a decent area than spend a free night at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 8, 2011

The view from the balcony was spectacular. We stayed with another couple and the room was just what we expected. Clean, comfortable and fabulous view. Breakfast was good (pastry, fruit, cereal, coffee, juice, toast,oatmeal). had to stand in line and limited amount of tables & chairs for crowd but food was good. Elevator longest wait was 2 mins. Pool was great but very crowded even late at night. We have stayed in cheap hotels and 4 star hotels and by far this is the best for the price we paid. Staff was very nice, helpful and even called us to let us know when the room was ready. We will return soon with family and stay here again and again.

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean view so all rooms are great.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Great place for a great price, i booked before reading all the previous reviews. I was prepared for the worst. But, it was awesome, nice, large clean room. The staff was nice, i had room service everyday and no sign of any type of bugs at all!! Its in a very convienient spot, close to several things and the beach of course!! The only complaint I would have would be about the pool area, they let people get sloppy drunk. I think the pool area should be supervised, other than that it was Great!!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Gapeach83
Reviewed August 2, 2011

WHERE DO I START. UHMMM..THIS PLACE WAS NASTY. THE SHEETS WERE DIRTY, there were cigarette burns in the sheets. There was sand on the mattress. The tub was a hot mess. The lock didn't work on the joining rooms. Our baloney door had Mildew on it. The staff was unfriendly. The towels was suppose to be "white" they where dingy drown color. We fell out for a minute and the maid ate our snacks.

The one thing I did like was the breach and pool. They played a movie for the Kids in the pool.

I will NEVer STAY HERE AGAIN. I RECOMMend NO ONE TO STAY HERE.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank Jaminontheone
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The service was great, no one was rude or disrespetful to me. The room was clean a little sand on the floor but were right on the beach what do you expect? No mold or rust like people made it sound. It's not a five star hotel but it's nice and good priced. Most oceanfront hotels are like $300 a night I payed $100 a night. The view was just absolutely amazing! I loved the pool the waterfall was pretty. In the end it was reasonably priced, nice view and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2011