“Great- except for the fact that they stole my money!”
Review of Casa Loma Inn

Casa Loma Inn
Ranked #32 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Alabama
“Great- except for the fact that they stole my money!”
Reviewed October 31, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Casa Loma in August of 2006, and despite being wary of the low room rate, were pleasantly surprised with our stay. We decided that we would return to celebrate our five year anniversary and to take one last vaction before our first child comes in April of 2008 in October 2007 (BTW- I would definitely recommend PCB this time of year- BEAUTIFUL!). When we arrived, they had lost our reservation and scrambled to get us a room. We had requested the 4th floor, but since our reservation was lost we got a room on the 2nd floor, and the moisture was HORRIBLE! The showers do go from scalding hot to freezing cold and are very dangerous. Other than that, we had a pretty good stay, especially for the price. A week after we returned home we began to have overdrafts in our checking account. I went online to view our activity and saw that we had been charged twice by the Casa Loma. When I called Betty Spence she claimed it was the bank holding a reservation fee and we would have to call them to take the hold off. The bank assured me that the money was paid to the Casa Loma and sent me proof of that. Betty Spence then claimed that something showing the money was paid to her hotel was not proof she had our money! Finally, the attorney I work for sent a letter threatening litigation, and she still would not budge, but several days later the money was back in our account, again obviously deposited by the Casa Loma, but Betty Spence claimed she had not returned any money and refused to send the letter my bank required to refund the overdraft fees we had incurred as a result of the over charge. My bank's fraud department finally agreed to refund the charges. My husband and I were extremely disappointed by this as we had enjoyed our stay immensely the year before, so beware, even if you have had a good experience before!

• Liked — the view
  • Disliked — the unfriendly staff
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
4 Thank presh1011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Czech first
georgia
Reviewed September 6, 2007

I was so pleased with the Casa Loma. I have a small son and he fell in love with it. The staff was amazing and make sure that your experience there is excellent. The rooms were clean and you cant beat the view. I will definently be back next year!!

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Nothing, everything was GREAT!!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank huntsmom2698
Chester Illinois
Reviewed August 4, 2007

My husband just returned home from a 3 day stay at the Casa Loma. Since this was our first trip to Panama City Beach we did not know what to expect.
The staff was very nice anytime we had to deal with them, the room was clean, and the price was great. We were never disturbed by any loud guests. One morning when we wanted to leave to get breakfast, someone had parked us in, the security staff saw we wanted to leave and said "I'm sorry this happened I will get this car moved". Within a minute or so the car was moved.
I can't say enough good about my stay. We feel we got more than what we paid for. If we ever return to Panama we will stay at the Casa Loma again
Laura L. Chester Illinois

• Liked — the price
  • Disliked — the parking lot is kind of small
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
Extreme S. Il
Reviewed July 28, 2007

This was the BEST vacation of my life! I travel alot and I have never had such wonderful customer service. Betty, Sue, & the whole staff were GREAT.
Our room was clean and the view from our private balcony was awesome!
Anyone who has complaints with this motel has got to be a "cronic complainer" because they do everything possible to make your stay pleasant.
Great job guys, We'll be back
The Hilla's

1 Thank hilla92
Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
Reviewed June 28, 2007

After reading reviews the hotel itself was about what we expected. The room was decently clean (other than some gum on the wall behind the beds) and the view was great. The only issue we ran into with this hotel was the staff. We simply inquired about making a collect phone call to back home. Following the directions in the room was not successful. The front desk offered for maintenance to come up and show us the proper way to use the phone. When they arrived they told us how to make a long distance call. I explained that we do not want to make a long distance call, we want to make a collect call and he said ok let me try. So after a few moments he handed the phone to me and said the person we were trying to reach was on the phone. While my fiancée was speaking with the person on the phone I asked what he did different. He said he dialed it long distance. I told him that that was not what we wanted, that we could have called long distance I told him that we had a problem dialing collect. He said, "Don't worry about it, it is just two or three dollars, you can pay it." I talked to the front desk and they said I would need to talk to the manager in the morning. When I began talking to the manager she cut me off and immediately said it was a lack of communication between me and the maintenance men. Once I tried to explain further she cut me off again and said don't worry about it we went ahead and took it off. At this point everything would have been fine if the manager had let me complete a sentence. I tried once more, yet again unsuccessful. I decided to just leave the front desk as there was a lack of communication here as well. The hotel itself was worth the "cheaper price". The staff was not very caring. I believe the problem with the staff is that they are used to spring breakers coming down and tearing up things. So when they see a young couple they start making assumptions prematurely. We will not stay at this hotel again or recommend it to family or friends purely on the lack of hospitality or "lack of communication".

• Liked — View of beach.
  • Disliked — Staff was very rude and did not care.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nrc17gto

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

nashville,tn
Reviewed June 27, 2007

We found the Casa Loma to be a great place for the money. The rooms and entire facility was very clean and well kept. The location was good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. All rooms have a great view of the ocean. The beach was very nice and not crowded at all. I would have rather have stayed in a nice condo, but for 1/2 the price, you can't beat the Casa Loma

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — bathroom setup
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
gulfport
Reviewed June 24, 2007

We went to relax and get away and thats just what we were able to do! The room was nice enough, the view great, and the hotel is located in the middle of most everything...the staff was wonderful and the cleaning staff very effecient..we never ran out of towels, soap or necessities. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone who wants to just relax....sure you can find fancier places, but this was clean, comfortable and had just what you need to get away!

• Liked — The beach view and beach access
  • Disliked — No tub, just a shower not really a problem but the only thing I can find.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple