“great place to stay”

Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Warner Robins, Georgia
“great place to stay”
Reviewed September 30, 2006

I've stayed here a few times and have loved it. it's close to most any thing you need.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled with friends
4 Thank atlguy78

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
bham al
Reviewed September 21, 2006

I have stayed with the Beachcomber for the past 3 years with the Birmingham Bowling League and I can say that each year I look forward to the time spent at Panama City Beach and the Beachcomber. The staff and employees have always been friendly and courtious. Th staff has went out of their way to accomodate our every need.

• Liked — Peace and quiet
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank gonavy
Birmingham
Reviewed September 21, 2006

My group spent most of the week after Labor Day 2006 at the Beachcomber by the Sea, Panama City Beach, FL. What a wonderful hotel! Total rooms we used were 52. The hotel staff accomodated those early arrivers by preparing their rooms for check in without issue. The housekeeping crew and maintenance personnel did a marvelous job in facilitating our every need, and believe me with that many folks in one group we had several needs.
Each employee I spoke with seemed to genuinely care about me as a guest and that goes a long way to make you feel welcome. I never hesitated to ask the staff for assistance with the various things we had going for our group. I always got the same positive support with each request.
Every day the pool was immaculate. The weather could have been sunnier, but all in all I would say this year was by far the best time at the beach.
We choose this same time every year and this was our 3rd year to return to the Beachcomber. Our plans are already made for 2007, same time, same place.

• Liked — the personnel
  • Stayed September 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank JustaBeachin
Dayton, OH
Reviewed July 30, 2006

I researched many hotels before we went to Panama City Beach and the Beachcomber seemed like it would be a good fit for what we were looking for. We wanted to to be in Panama City Beach, but not right in the middle of everything (loud college kids, etc). From reading the reviews, it seemed that this hotel would be kind of out of the way. It is on the west end, but there are just as many people walking past and driving past as there are farther east on Front Beach Rd. If you're looking for peace and quiet, you may have to go to another city!

For the most part, I was happy with the Beachcomber. We had a king suite ( I requested a corner room, and we were able to get one). We were on the fourth floor, which was high enough to see over the trees, but still see the pool area if my son was down there without us.

There are a few negatives I would like to point out. The "continental breakfast" is not as elaborate as I would have liked. It is very early (7-9am) and is very limited. It consists of basically only bagels, juice and coffee. No cereal, no fruit, no oatmeal, etc. We ended up going across the street to Winn Dixie and getting breakfast food for the week.

Also, my son was injured while we were there. It was not at all the fault of the hotel, but is something I would like to advise other travelers of. All the rooms have a door to the balcony which overlooks the gulf. My son was standing in the doorway with his hand on the inside of the door frame, and my husband and I walked in the front door, just as a pretty good wind blew. The balcony door blew (slammed) shut on my sons hand and we had to rush him to the hospital. No broken fingers (thank goodness), but he got 13 stitches in one of his fingers. I think having both doors open at the same time created some kind of backdraft with the wind, and I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Other than these things, we were pretty happy with the Beachcomber. It was clean (no bug sightings), towels are a little thin (but very few hotels have good ones anymore), and it is within a minute or so drive to some shops and dining.

Stayed July 2006
11 Thank ChrissyMel123
Reviewed June 29, 2006

Best spot on the beach. Lots of construction going on 1/2 mile down from the hotel so we didn't have to deal with that. Hotel was located within walking distance for food, shopping, etc. Staff was very accomidating and friendly. Roooms were clean. Security on site was nice to have. Kept the out of control people in control. I felt comfortable letting my 11 yr. old go to the pool while I was in my room on the balcony. The nearby water activities were available right on the beach directly behind the hotel. Was impressed with the lobby set up. Continental breakfast was nice. Definitely recommend for families. If I could change one thing it would be to have softer bath towels.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2006

hey i just got back from panama city beach , and me and my family stayed at the beachcomber by the sea , we loved it there , the rooms was nice , clean , and you got a great view of the ocean from the balcony ...all i can say , is that it was nice .... i know when we go back we are staying at the beachcomber by the sea...

Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 25, 2006

My husband and I and our 2 children stayed at the Beachcomber for 4 nights and we loved it. The view is awesome. The rooms were very clean and everything worked as it should. We were on the 4th floor right above the top of the palm trees, this made it easy for us to talk to the kids while they were in the pool and visa versa if I was in the hot tub. We worried about the tropical storm that was coming in and thought about driving toward Mobile in order to avoid bad weather. I asked the front desk what kind of penalty I would suffer if we choose to leave and she politely answered $25. I thought that was reasonable and to tell you the truth I think they would have probably waived the charge due to the storm being the reason for leaving. In other words we found them very accomodating. Now I'll warn you ahead of time that the rooms are not glamorous, so if that's what you're looking for, keep looking. In my opionion they were nice enough for a hotel on the beach....for $149 per night. There is a dollar store across the street, a CVS within walking distance right next to a Winn Dixie who gave me a courtesy swipe of their rewards card....McDonalds within waking distance. Highlight of our trip that you all must try...Helicopter ride.....$30 each for about a 8 minute trip, doesn't sound like much but it was the best money spent our entire trip....Gulf World is maybe a 1/2 mile away. I could go on and on....the water was warm and beautiful....All was great for us and I hope if you decide to stay at the Beachcomber that you have a good time too.
Hope this helps. I'll add photos later.

• Stayed June 2006