“I Really Like This Hotel”

Beachcomber By The Sea
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've stayed at the Beachcomber 12 times, each time for a week, this in itself is a wonderful testimonial and ranks it very high on my list. It's very charming, the staff are friendly and helpful, the property is very well maintained and very clean albeit not quite as up-to-date as some much newer hotels. It's on the quieter west end of Panama City Beach (PCB), less developed, but there is enough within walking distance ( a mile) to be able to park the car for a week and leave it there. There is not much to the continental breakfast but certainly enough to get me through to lunch, juice, coffee ( available 24 hours), muffins, bagels, and a few other things. The outdoor heated pool is always clean as is the hot tub, sometimes you need to ask them to turn on the heat to the pool. It sits right on the beach and every room has a balcony facing it. The rooms all have outside access and I thought this would bother me in feeling less secure as compared to inside access rooms, however this has not been the case, the property feels very safe and secure. You have to pay for internet access, affordable by the week but pricey for one day, in today's world, charging for internet access is not in tune with the times and quite frankly is annoying.

There are times to avoid going unless you are a college student or a motorcyclist. The Thunder Beach Motorcycle Rally is held in PCB twice yearly, I was there once and kind of enjoyed the tail end of the event, but it was hard to sleep because of the noise. I've never been there on Spring or Fall break but I could imagine it to be rowdy.

Overall a very good value.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Beachcomber By The Sea

Reviewed September 27, 2013

My two sisters and I went down to Panama City for a 5 night stay. The room was not the fanciest...but for the price..it was great! We had a lovely balcony to watch the sunsets and had a great view of the beach. Our only complaints: Wi-Fi should be free, continental breakfast was pretty meager, the refrigerator was leaking a little bit towards the end of the trip. We will most definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank pamsmpk
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We really loved this place. Nice bedroom, Living room and a kitchen.. The view is great. I think all the rooms have a great view of the ocean and we also had a balcony with some chairs to watch the sunset.. WE loved the ocean.. Warm water, nice beach. Breakfast was just some bagles and muffins ,but ok. WE would definitely come again.. Only complaint was no Free Internet.. In this day we think there should be free internet everywhere.. Silly to have to pay.

Room Tip: Pick an upper room... floor 5 or above for the best views.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at Beachcomber by the Sea! Very nice staff and a great place to stay! Close to Dusty's and within walking distance of Pier Park! Will be back next year! There is also a little café, Emmas Two, within walking distance that serves a delicious breakfast! Winn Dixie is close also.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My husband and I wanted to take our daughter and a friend to the beach before she started her senior year of high school. Since this was a last minute trip, we did not have time to save up for a huge expense. I found this hotel, and after researching it, we decided to book. For the price, we weren't expecting anything over the top, but we were so surprised when we arrived. The odds were stacked against us from the time we tried to leave. My A/C went out in my car, and my husbands truck is not big enough to accommodate all of us and our gear, so we had to make a detour which put us leaving about 4 hours later than planned. We finally got to the hotel just before 5 am and were exhausted. I called ahead to make sure we could check in so late, and the staff was so wonderful. They ensured us that everything would be ready when we got there. They delivered and then some. Knowing our A/C went out in our car, they went into the room and set the A/C to 70 to make certain we were comfortable. The gentlemen working the desk was so nice and did everything he could to expedite check in. Our room was on the 3rd floor, and when we opened the door, we were so impressed with the room. There were some things that were outdated, but for the price, you just can't beat it. The room was very clean, the kitchen well stocked, and the view was just breathtaking. This place is perfect for families because the rooms are separated by the kitchen, which does give some privacy for Mom and Dad to have some quiet time as well. The balcony was equipped with chairs for us to watch the sunrise and set, and so much is within walking distance. The beach was very clean and the vendors on the beach were all very helpful and friendly. We will definitely be back! Thank you tripadvisor and Beachcomber by the Sea for a wonderful stay and a thousand new memories with our family!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was my first time in PCB and for approx 1 benjamin a night this hotel is a joke. This hotel needs an upgrade ASAP. Hotel is in a really nice location, beach was good and all rooms have a beach view but....... rooms were not clean at all, you need to shower with flip flops to say the least, they should burn the couch and mattresses for starters (including carpet).

Trust me, it's really nasty (all of it). i almost sleep on the floor rather than the bed. Pay a couple of bucks more and avoid the headaches. I had friends staying at Splash resort for $20 more a night......what a difference. I will not come back here for sure.

Its a shame that with such a location and how busy this area is, that they have not put any money towards upgrading the rooms.

Room Tip: Trust the reviews...avoid this place. Not worth it at all.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We had a great experience at the Beachcomber. The staff was friendly from check in to check out. The hotel was clean, furnishings average with awesome views. Each room was ocean front with a balcony. The beach was beautiful with pure white sand. The location of the hotel was great. Within walking distance to Pier Park.

Room Tip: 3rd floor and above, book early to get a king room