Message from TripAdvisor:

“It was hard to say goodbye!”

Origin Beach Resort
Atlanta, Georgia
“It was hard to say goodbye!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

After reading most of the reviews online about this Condo, I was a little apprehensive, But after I pulled up to the front door, I was in heaven. People need to realize that this is a condo, not a hotel, so it's kind of like being at your own house as opposed to being spoiled at a hotel. The location was great. The staff at the front desk was polite, the view from my room was breathtaking. I could see the pool and the beach. It wasn't noisy at all (and I was there during a very busy Memorial Day Weekend). Although the website says check in is at 4p, I arrived at 11am Central Time. I was told my room would be ready at noon, and sure enough, it was. I killed time by having a delicious lunch across the street at Sharky's. I travel A LOT, and I'm very picky about where I stay. I really recommend this place to couples, singles, and families. I couldn't have asked for a better vacation!

3 Thank ajohnson1908

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2010

It took us 18 hours to get there do to all the flooding in Nashville. The trip around Nashville was long and by the time we got to the hotel we were tired and cranky. Especially to find out the pool was broke and the flags on the beach where red for 2 days. After explaining to the gentlemen at the front desk, how long it took us and our irritation about the pool, he upgraded us to a bigger room. I found this to be extremely nice of him. We knew the pool being down, the flood and the weather was not his fault but its hard not to be disappointed. His kind gesture started our arrival out on a good note. We ended up after a few days upgrading to a larger unit with 4 bedrooms and a view to die for. I only wish I had a rooftop deck view everyday then life would be grand. All staffing was very nice and our stay was very pleasant. I just found it a little annoying when we checked out that we had a cleaning fee. The site we booked from bookit.com, which said we did not have a cleaning fee only when spring break is going on. I also called ahead to the hotel to confirm it and the lady I talked to said that do to us booking in Feb. we had no cleaning fee. So to my surprise to see it on there at check out posted the first day of our stay. When ask about it I did not get any answers. I had the confirmation to prove no cleaning fee. The odd thing to was the cleaning fee was a odd price 42 and some change. I will stay here again even with the small surprise, which I find, was probably miscommunication somewhere. All in all the stay was great and the rooms were very nice for the price. I recommend if you want a 5 star hotel then you will need to pay a five star price but for what I paid for our stay I found the rooms excellent, the beds the best ever and the pool once opened to be wonderful, so I really can’t complain about the cleaning fee. Just only wish it was made more apparent

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank SuzieIllinois
Columbus Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

Hidden costs!!! i booked with hotels com and thought i was paying 150 a night be aware they have a forty dólar cleaning fee a night ar check out. What? This should be part of the price . The marriot Does not have a cleaning fee!

When I tried to cancal or us a militery discount on memorial day. They refused. Also no porter or porter carreries. Not enough parking.

Made a otherwise great vacation bad. We had a spa day at bay side marriott and that was awesome. Stay at Marriott no hidden cost or poor service

1 Thank JenEyedoc
OriginGM, General Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2010
Dear Guest,
I apologize for Hotels.com not making it clear there may be additional cost associated with your reservation. I encourage all guests booking through a discount agent to verify information by going to the property's web site or calling the property directly. Ofen the property will match the rate offered by the discount agent and you will also learn more about the property such as offering full service or limited service. When making a reservation through a discount agent you should always ask for clarification of additional fees/charges and their cancellation policy. Once a reservation is made through the discount agent the property is restricted from adjusting the discount agent's rates or cancellation policies.

Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2010

I spent lots of time reading reviews before booking our week long trip at the Origin. I was confident in our choice, but slightly worried about the complaints regarding the hotel staff.
We were pleasantly surprised with our condo! It was spacious, clean, and had several fun touches from the owner (room 609!). We had a beautiful view of the ocean and great patio furniture to enjoy it with. The bed was more comfortable than ours at home! We had more than enough room.

Several of the complaints that I have seen on tripadvisor --
~Staff - I wasn't impressed, but nothing happened that left me unhappy. I only spoke to the staff one time in addition to checking in and out.
~Parking - we were able to find good parking spots in the parking deck all but 1 of our 6 nights there. There are elevators on each level of the parking lot, so just keep an eye out for them and you won't have to walk far at all.
~Elevators- we did have to wait a couple of minutes a few times, but it wasn't a big deal. I would expect this at any large condo.

I would certainly stay here again. You can't match the quality with the price anywhere else in PCB!

Dublin, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2010

I found Origins at Seahaven while browsing on Hotels.com. Several friends and I were traveling to PCB for a wedding and wanted a nice, convenient, and affordable place to stay. The reviews seemed very positive, so I booked with Origins. The hotel looks incredible from the outside and has a cobblestone, covered entry, which I loved. The parking decks were adequate, but very crowded. Also, no matter where you parked it seemed like a mile walk to the nearest entry or elevator. The lobby was bright and fairly clean. The lobby staff were less than friendly, and it felt as though we were intruding on their evening. The hotel itself is rather nice, but seemed a little dingy in areas (the hallways particularly). The rooms are very spacious (even the lower end ones) with large comfortable beds and a private balcony. The hotel seemed very quiet, even though it was rather crowded (our room was on the backside, away from the street, with beautiful views of the AC units...haha). There is also a swimming pool on the fourth floor, which provides a view of Front Beach Road and the Gulf beyond. The hotel is located very close to a lot of attractions. You are within walking distance to most of them (including Pier Park), and there is scooter rental next door, if you don't feel like walking. The biggest complaints I have are the elevators and the service. On several occassions we waited 5-10 minutes for the elevator, which is far too long. The service is on a level all its own. Our room only had two sets of towels, and they only lasted two days, while we were there three. I went to the lobby and asked the staff about towels and they directed me to the fourth floor, close to the pool. I went to the fourth floor (after another ten minute wait on the elevator) only to be told that they wouldn't provide extra towels because they also had timeshares and condos. Fortunately we had clean beach towels, otherwise we would have had nothing to dry off on. In my opinion, it seems rather absurd that they wouldn't provide something as basic as towels. Because of their poor staff and ridiculous rules, I will never spend my money with Origins again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PoenaPerSapientia
Enterprise, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

The first time we stayed here, it was clean, the staff was nice, so of course we returned! We were actually thinking of buying here. When we went last time with our 1 and 2 year old, it was disgusting! The carpet was sticky and smelly, the walls had food or something on them, doors were filthy, there was a dent/hole in the wall and the bathroom floor was still sandy! (As was the shower!) It was loud all the time and the other customers said lewd things to me in front of my children! I called the front desk and they were very rude! You are lucky if they even pick up, and the mailbox is always full! We spent as little time there as we could. They charged us 200 and said that WE had broken a chair and pushed the table against the wall to hide it! We did not even use the chairs! I am disgusted! If you stay here, inspect EVERYTHING with someone there!! Also, the parking lot is dark, use caution at night.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank amberde
Erwin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2010

We arrived on the 14th-19th of May. There were 4 adults and 3 kids in our group. We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo. The place is gorgeous. The girl that checked us in was Latasha and she was very nice and helpful. She even checked us out when we left. We passed many workers on the elevators as well and they were all nice, talkative, and helpful. One of the workers was walking around and seen we were going to switch towels and he went and did it for us. We did not even ask him to. We have nothing bad to say about this place. The room was absolutely immaculate. I will stay here again. We visit Panama City every year at least once and this place has been the best. The view is absolutely beautiful to. Make sure you go to the sunrise deck it is perfest in the mornings. We even watched a movie one night in the theater. I would reccomend it for anyone.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family