Message from TripAdvisor:

“this place is a facade”

Origin Beach Resort
Reviewed April 14, 2014

he room is really nice and was accommodating.our room had not been inspected prior to our arrival so we had to wait 5 mins before going to the room. we stayed for 2 days and 3 nights so our stay came to 633 with everything included. i paid a deposit of 130 leaving 503 dollars due. at check in we were told 1030 dollars was due because of an added charge of a $400 deposit that was refundable in case of any damages. i told them that was not what i was told to expect to pay and after arguing them down they removed the charge. we were told to wear these wristbands that would be checked for every time we entered the resort and if lost we would have to pay $200 for a new one. they never once checked and there are elevators outside the resort in the parking garage that takes you directly to you room so the bands were pointless. the room was nice but had a very STRONG cigarette odor and the room keys rarely worked got two new cards and still no difference. after our stay we made sure everything was tidy and nothing was damaged(which was impossible because we are adults and had grown out of our demolishing stage -__-) we were planning to checkout at 730 am but when arriving in the lobby found the desk empty and were told by housekeeping that the staff doesn't come in until 8. we then proceeded in leaving our keys and information on the desk and leaving. after arriving home to Georgia i received an email from the resort saying that my payment had been process. a payment of $100 had been illegally withdrawn from my account using the card i made the room payment with. i called the resort and was told that our room had a broken chair and we have been charged to pay for it. the dining table consisted of a table and 4 chairs and out of these four chairs according to the Origin staff and housekeeping one of these chairs was broken IN HALF and then PROPPED UP to the table to appear unbroken. my family and i did not break this chair or even sit at this table for that matter. the room had plenty of sitting area so the table was rarely used. the staff sent me a pic of our room number and the broken chair. this chair was so broken there was no way anyone could prop it up or make it look together. i honestly feel that housekeeping took a picture of a broken chair and framed us. i also feel like they do this to guest on a regular basis.the carpet shown in the picture of the broken chair was a different shade from the carpet in our room. and a picture is not going to provide evidence as to whether this chair was actually in our room. perhaps video footage. I WILL NEVER EVER STAY HERE AGAIN! THEYRE CROOKS AND OUT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOUR AVERAGE HARDWORKING AMERICAN. WOULD NOT REFUND MONEY HAD TO DISPUTE WITH BANK. really bad wifi too.

Room Tip: this resort is very far from the rest and at the end of front beach road where nothing goes on.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Morgan S
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Hi Morgan

I am sorry that your stay was less than desirable. I can tell by your review that you rented from Emerald View Management company. I work for Seahaven Beach Resorts, our office is across the street from the building and we are open 24/7. I can not respond to any of the information about your stay except that almost every condiminium requires refundable security deposits and armbands during spring break to maintain the property and activities that go on at the property. It is all done to take care of condominiums that are all individually owned.

You can contact Emerald View Management at 850-249-1244 with regard to you review, complaints, etc.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

My friends and I visited origin at seahaven the week of march 7th, 2014. From the get go, it was a bad experience. We get there and are hit with a $225 cleaning fee. Then were told we have 1 hr to complete a room checklist or we lose our $400+ deposit. So we race over to the hotel since the check in is across the street and upon entering the hotel we have to check in at the desk, get our licenses copied, and are given wristbands that must be checked every time we enter the hotel and it's $200 to replace if you lose it. This also means NO guests to the hotel. After thirty minutes of all that, we're down to 30 min to return the checklist of 200+ items to the check in place across the street. The list was very specific and you had to account for everything on it- our room didn't have more than half the stuff! A few days later, we come back to the hotel around 11:30 and our keys don't work. After three times of going to the building across the street, our keys still didn't work. Just randomly stopped working! The pool/hot tub were really nice but no drinks were allowed in the hot tub and they had a monitor out there who sat and monitored everything! I felt like we were teenagers!! This hotel isn't on the beach- it's actually across the street. We had beach access much of the week through a door but then mid week the door was locked and we had to use public beach access which was a walk down the road. Additionally, there was a charge for everything. If they found the luggage rack in your room( that you bring your luggage up with) it was $150 fine. Probably the worst part of all was the 8 am checkout. They have a room inspection team that comes by and does the inspection and everything has to be spotless. If you had a dish on the counter or more than one bag of trash, there was a fee. It was like $25 for a trash bag. Completely insane!! We waited for THREE hours to get inspected so we could check out. Finally, the elevators were AWFUL. We waited fifteen minutes one time. Seriously have never witnessed something like it! Overall, we had a terrible experience and i'd never recommend it to anyone- especially considering how much we paid!! Oh also, you don't get maid service or fresh towels or anything! We had to do laundry everyday to have fresh towels.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank kels c

Hi Kels C

Thanks for your review of Origin at Seahaven. From your review, you did rent from Seahaven Beach Resorts, however we do not have cleaning fees of $225.00. We do required that all spring breakers complete the inspection forms. Those inspection forms are to protect you from any maintenance/damaged items that were done prior to your stay as well as helps maintain that the privately owned condominium you are staying in is kept in the condition it was upon your arrival. Origin at Seahaven is not a hotel and does not have daily services, etc. but Seahaven guests have the option to call us daily to exchange linen and towels. We offer that all year. The check in process for Spring Break is definitely not a normal check in process but is a necessary one. All properties in the area require armbands and have security due to the number of breakers on the property at any given time. I certainly hate to hear that your group did not enjoy your stay and I sincerely apologize for that

If you would like to speak with someone directly about these issues, I would be more than happy to do so.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel itself is very nice and luxurious, but the procedures are a little bit too much. Upon arrival I had to wait 3 hours outside the hotel because of the check in procedure even though my name was on the room list. The security staff the hotel has were a bit much as well. The wristband rules the hotel have were ridiculous, with the staff acting as if they were the FBI and swarming our car one night. The hotel service wasnt the best as well. This is the only hotel I've ever been to that wouldnt give you extra towels or anything most hotels do. In general me and my friends were treated like 3 year olds for a place we paid a good amount to stay in. The wifi was AWFUL and didnt work 89% of the time. It was a very nice, elegant hotel but I doubt I would stay there again in the future

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Trevor J

Hi Trevor

Thanks for your review. Sounds like this was your first spring break in the area and I'm certain you had a great time on Spring Break. Due to the extremely large number of breakers checking out and then a new group checking back in, the process of checking in (especially if you come prior to 4pm) is lengthy. Most properties in the area have a similar process to ours and is just part of staying in a condominium during Spring Break. We require armbands for your safety and for us to maintain control of the building and privately owned condos. I agree with the wifi and we have been working with our provider to correct those problems.

If you would like to speak to someone directly about your review, feel free to contact me.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

It was a good experience. A few problems but they were minor/moderate. The room was very clean and luxurious. The balcony was VERY VERY nice. The bed was also amazing. The problems were at checkin 2/4 elevators were out. The east and the right center ones. They were fixed within 2 hours. They were also very slow. If no luggage and only have to go up a couple floors, you'd be better off taking the stairs. They could also add more elevators . A hotel that is more than 12 floors needs more than just 4 elevators. Also the washing machine. Seriously, they could spend a little money to get those fixed and more. The dryer was terrible. Dried my clothes 5 times and they still weren't dry. Other than that, my experience was amazing. The pool is the best part of that place! Visit there first!

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the elevator. If not you'll have to walk a mile to find one.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Stephen S

Hi Steven

Thanks for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and especially the pool, you really can't beat the view from the pool deck! I work for Seahaven Beach Resorts, which does not manage the building itself so I am not aware of problems with the elevators during your stay. I will certainly forward your review to the Homeowners Association so that they can look into your complaints.

If you would like to speak to anyone directly, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Origin At Seahaven is the only building on the other-side of the road ( not the beach ) the view i got was trees and a mobile park of trailers... when i asked and was informed that i had a beach view. next upon arriving i had to walk next door to the beach to get my room keys and check in then walk back across the street away from the beach to get to the hotel, because this is not a hotel but a private condo... and be warned that whatever the price says it is... its double because of hidden fees!! more then what i paid for the room! next after parking the hotel all smells of sewage.. the plumping seems to be wrong somewhere... next upon leaving the elevator to our room there was writing on the walls gross this was not during spring brake but a getaway for me and my wife.. there was carpet torn up from the floor so this just gets scary at this point. the room i was told again beach view and had a separate bedroom for the bed. again lied to.. the room was facing away from the beach and the only hotel/private condo no on the beach in that area. the room did not have soap or anything so bring your own and was poorly cleaned there was dirty towels on the floor and silver-where in the crack next top the microwave (very visible ) which had food on it.. not the best experience in the word so buyer beware

Room Tip: Do not book here! :)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank William R

Hi William -

Thank you for your review. Any feedback good or bad is necessary for us to improve our product and services. First, I will address the fees....since Origin is a condominium there are additional fees. None of which are hidden. If you booked direct, we inform you of all fees, etc. prior to booking and then we email a confirmation letter that states the fees as well. It sounds to me like you booked through a third party (i.e. Expedia, Hotels.com, Bookit, etc)...the fees are listed on their sites but under terms and conditions. We inform all third party of fees due upon arrival and they are to inform their customers about them as well. Second, your room type...without knowing your reservation I can not research and/or explain what happened with your reservation. If my suspicions are correct, the third party misinformed you about the room type you booked. As to the condition of the common areas and building, I will forward your review to the Homeowners Association. Seahaven Beach Resorts simply manages a number of condos in the building and has no control over the building itself. In reference to the room being dirty, it is unacceptable. I would like to discuss these issues further with you if you have the opportunity.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We have stayed at origin multiple times. Location is convenient to everything! The staff was average; not extremely helpful but not rude. The rooms are very affordable and very nice. Convenient little shop on the bottom floor in case u forget anything!

Also, may be a good idea to bring a beach chair for the pool. People try to hoard them with their towels and it's not worth the fight. Overall, origin is my go to place in Panama City !

• Stayed: June 2013

Hi there. Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that Origin is your go to place when you are in Panama City Beach. I do hate to hear that the staff was less that extremely helpful. Origin has multiple front desks and I would like to know which company you checked in with so that we can address our staffing. I would love to discuss this further with you if you get a moment.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed here with 3 friends for spring break. Let me start off by saying, PCB spring break is just insane in general and every hotel is going to be out of control. Don't stay anywhere near this area in March or April if you have kids/are old and crabby. When we checked in, our room was a total mess and seemed not cleaned at all. However, they DID clean the room for us right away. They make you really do inventory on EVERYTHING in the room right away; this is understandable because with crazy spring breakers, things get stolen or broken all the time. Sharky's is directly across the street, so that is convenient. Our room/balcony was facing the ocean, so it was in the outside main pool area I guess you could say. Things get crazy at all hours of the day when everyone is on their balcony and screaming at eachother/blasting music I and partying. I had a great time but I think this is one of the more expensive hotels for PCB spring break. I'd stay here again for sure.

Room Tip: Choose an "inside" room facing the ocean/pool.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
SeahavenBeachResorts, Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Hi Kchen92

Thanks for your review of Seahaven Beach Hotel. My sincerest apologies on the room not being ready upon your arrival but happy to hear that it was taken care of promptly. During college spring break we advise families with children to stay in a quieter area. We never want anyone to check in and be surprised about what is going on in the area. Seahaven Beach Hotel is a prime location for Spring Breakers since we are located next to Sharky's and all of their spring break concerts and parties. We look forward to seeing you return to Seahaven Beach Hotel in the near future.

Seahaven Beach Resorts