Message from TripAdvisor:

Origin Beach Resort
Tullahoma, Tennessee
“Beware”
Reviewed July 21, 2008

We booked our vacation online. The photos shown on the website were very deceiving. It looked like we would be staying directly on the beach, but the condo is directly across the street from the beach and Sharkys restaurant. We checked in on Saturday afternoon. We had a very difficult time from the start, as there were no luggage carts available, and only two out of four elevators were working. Our room, on the 14 th floor was very clean except for the cigarette smell. We had booked a non-smoking room. The front desk attendant gave us a note with daily ammenities. This was a joke! Our room was supposed to be replinished with towels, washcloths and kitchen towels daily and after the third day receive clean sheets and floors cleaned. The bed was changed one time, nothing else. We continually had to go to the front desk or call for towels. The last two days, we couldn't get any washcloths or kitchen towels, as housekeeping told us there was not enough to go around.
The elevators were horrible. We spent alot of our time waiting on an elevator, because they were either packed with people or broken. One out of four elevators were broken every day we were there. We were there seven nights. The elevator waiting area was very dirty. Floors were not cleaned during the entire stay. The dirty linens were piled in the waiting area daily, Housekeeping stuffed dirty linens into pillow cases and threw them in the waiting area to be picked up. Parking is limited! Orgins at Seahaven has a very small parking garage, with overflow parking in an unpaved parking lot. If you plan to stay out late, don't expect a parking space close to the hotel. Pool and hot tub area were dirty and overcrouded.
On a positive note, the room was nice and the bed was very nice. Staff was friendly, but offered no resolution to the problems. I feel the hotel is understaffed
I will not stay here again.

• Liked — the nice bed
  • Disliked — Elevators and deceiving promises
2 Thank Dissapointed001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Georgia
Reviewed July 19, 2008

First day I had card key problem. My card key would work. My wife wouldn't.. I went and got another card and it didn't work a new card was made. The 50% off breakfast was awful at Sharkey's, the hot bar was not hot.The Waffle House was much better. Back to Orgin. I had problem with the shower the thing that you pull up to turn on the shower fell into the tub. I called the front desk. at 11:02am. I got someone about 5 hours later, and it took Dewayne about 2 min to fix the problem thanks Dewayne. The parking situtation was terrible, and the elevator I don't want to talk about. Other than that I would stay there again. The rooms are nice.

• Liked — Price, and Room
  • Disliked — Breakfast, Parking, and Elevator
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FSU1Georgia
TN
Reviewed July 16, 2008

The rooms and view were very nice but that's about it. The front desk and cleaning staff were rude and inefficient. They treated us like we were inconveniencing them from seeing the birth of their first child or something every time we had to call/go down to the front desk (which was a lot, because they hardly ever pick up the phone). The hotel has two ancient elevators that are small and slow, much too slow for the hundreds of guests. We could not even get them to come in and change our sheets or take out the trash without calling them multiple times. We definitely won't return.

• Liked — View
  • Disliked — Rude staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Cincinnati
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Overall: Hotel was new, nice, and very clean. The room was very spacious. The staffs were friendly and courteous. Nice Place! Great Value!

Services: We requested replacement for two (2) bad light bulbs, they never came. We finally went down to the office to get them. We also requested for add'l blanket, it arrived 12 hours later...

Facilities: There were only two (2) elevators serving the entire 17 floors. Needless to say, they were ultra slow and overworked.

Securities: Non-restricted access to any area of the hotel (except for the hotel room), including the 4th floor where the pool and the workout room were. Imagine someone walks in to the workout room at 10 pm when you're all alone!

• Liked — Spaciousness
  • Disliked — Elevator, security issues
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed July 11, 2008

This turned out to be a perfect location for our vacation.

Let me start by pointing out that these are Condo units that the builders are renting out like hotel rooms until they are sold. It is not a hotel. I was a little nervous about booking after reading some of the reviews, but I think that a lot of reviewers were expecting "hotel concierge" customer service and so were dissapointed.

Now let me tell you about how awesome our experience was here. We booked a 2/2 condo online, and were blessed with a corner unit when we arrived. We had amazing views of both the gulf and the strip from our rooms and balcony. The unit was decadently large with lots of room for my family to spread out. Even though I know that we had neighbors above us (my husband had a conversation with them from our balconies) we never heard any noise from them.

The unit had large bedrooms and bathrooms. And the kitchen was huge! We had a table that seated eight, a full size oven, fridge, and dishwasher. The sink even had a garbage disposal. The matress was so comfy that my husband and I considered removing the sheets to find out the brand and type, so we could buy a set for ourselves.

Although Origin is not beachfront, the beach is just a quick walk across the street. Even with three small children under the age of five, we had no problem navigating it.

Check in/out was quick and easy, and when we had questions, we found the front desk staff to be courteous and helpful. Parking was not an issue as long as we were not out late. We had to park in the little parking lot around the hotel on two evenings that we were out past eleven. (The mother in law stayed with the kids.) Except for those two occasions we found parking quickly, close to our elevator.

Speaking of elevators, there are four elevators for this building, not two! Two center elevators that went all the way to the lobby, and one on each end of the building that went to the parking garage. Yes, if we used the center elevators, the wait was often long, but when we used the side elevators, we waited no more than a minute or so. Our room was close to one of the side elevators, but even if it was not, it would have been worth the short wait. The elevator that was closest to us did break down once, but by the time we went back out a little over an hour later it was working again.

The housekeeping staff visited our room every day, taking out trash, and restocking any needed supplies. I happened to be there when they arrived because our daughter was napping during those times, and without fail they switched out clean towels with out being asked, restocked toilet paper, and even left me some extra small trash bags for diapers when they saw that I was using our grocery bags to stink proof the diapers for the trash can.

All in all, this was an amazing vacation location. We would definitely plan on staying here again.

• Liked — the amazing room!
  • Disliked — parking late at night
2 Thank pepesme
Alabama
Reviewed July 10, 2008

This hotel is great if you love SLOW elevators, looking at a view of what looks like FEMA trailers, love walking steps, and listening to EVERYBODY complaining about the elevators!!! When I was trying to check out which was on July 6, 2008, there were also 114 other people trying to check out AND use all of 2 elevators (there were 2 more elevators that were not being used...who knows why!!) I have a 3 year old which ended up having to walk down 13 flights of stairs because we really were tired of waiting 20 minutes on an elevator.......that was REALLY FUN!!!! When I finally had the opportunity to check out I shared my concerns with the front desk staff...the response that I received was "Well, we understand your concerns and we have told the owners but THEY won't do anything about it!!" The only positive thing that I have to say is that the pool when very nice...if you could get to it!

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Elevator
1 Thank ljharrison
Kentucky
Reviewed July 7, 2008

Seahaven is an excellent hotel, we had minor issues. We did have a problem with the one bathroom door not locking and problems with a remote, but we called the front desk and they had someone there within 20-30 minutes. The elevators were a little on the slow side, but I don't think that is unusual due to the amount of people that were on and off the floors. I recommend the fourth floor if possible if you want to use the pool and grill out, they have a common area on both sides of the hotel that is great, you can sit outside and play cards or just talk and enjoy the sound of the ocean and the sound of panama city nightlife. I met some people that actually live in the hotel as a permanent residence and they were very nice as well.

• Liked — The room it was great... and the patio was awesome
  • Disliked — elevators.....
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family