Message from TripAdvisor:

“Very Poor Service!!!!”

Origin Beach Resort
Reviewed June 13, 2013

1. You pay too much for a dirty room!! When I arrived the service guy had to fix one of my tv's.
2. The pull out sofa was BROKEN!! We had no extra pillows or linen for the pullout sofa!
3. There was a Capri sun juice packet under the bed from the previous guest in one of bedrooms!!! The carpet was filthy!!!! This was the WORST HOTEL I'VE EVERY STAYED IN!!! What is the cleaning fee for!!!!??!?!

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Dark45
There are newer reviews for Origin Beach Resort

Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We had an incredible stay at Origin! We rented for two short nights just my husband and me - there is a normal four night minimum, but we rented from an owner there. Our view was oceanfront and fabulous, a small but very clean studio just right for the two of us. You can tell from other guests that the service isn't that great at the front desk - we heard several complaints while waiting for the elevators that are super slow! The observation deck is amazing and the pool is nice though mostly shaded during the day. The beach was awesome and the restaurants and nightlife at Pier Park were very fun. Stay here, but try to rent from an owner to avoid some of the hassel that other reviewers have mentioned!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank lms6
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My family and I just returned from our 2nd and last stay with this establishment. We previously stayed for 3 nights in 2011 and didn't have many problems. This trip was marred by the terrible condition of the facilities. The check-in was fine. The staff seemed rushed but I wouldn't call them rude, they just appeared to be be overwhelmed. We checked into our 2-bedroom suite and the first thing we noticed was the incredible views. We were very happy with the set-up but we started to notice little things as we began to unpack. The carpet and curtians were filthy and there were marks all over the walls. The shower drain was clogged in one of the bathrooms and the toliet in the 2nd bathroom completely stopped flushing by the second night. It just appears that they have given up trying keep up the maintance and appearance of this establishment, which is unfortunate because you can't beat the breathtaking views. I just can't justify spending my hard earned money on this place if it isn't being properly maintained. The absense of maid service just sealed the deal for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Nicki H
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Origin at Seahaven for the first time last week for 7 nights. My fiancé and I go to PCB at least once every year and usually stay at the Chateau, which is always a good experience; however, this year Origin at Seahaven was the best money value. We booked an efficiency room that had a king bed, nice bathroom, small kitchenette, and sofa bed. The room was extremely clean and nice the only downside was we didn't have a view of the ocean, but we knew that when booking the room. My only complaint with origin at seahaven was that in order for us to get more toilet paper we had to walk across the street to the check in place to get some. The hotel is directly across from the beach and crossing the street was no problem at all. It is in a great location and not a too crowded area of the beach. Overall I loved our trip and would definitely recommend it and return again!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JPL0307
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Staff is great, price is very good. Ive been there 3 years in a row for the Swabreeze Jazz Festival, each time there has been problems with the condition of the room. this last time 4/17 thru 4/22. the TV was not working, no remote either. The drain in the shower was plugged. And the final straw was the dried coffee grounds in the coffeemaker, Each problem was taken care of with a call to the desk

Room Tip: If you can put up with issues like the ones Ive listed above, you wont do much better for the price...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Papasteve
Reviewed May 7, 2013

for the money u will not find a better place to stay me and my wife had a great time here and i had 7 nights of the best sleep i have ever had the pool is great and the view to mach and any thing u need is to walk out the front door and their it is if i go to panama again this is were i will stay

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ernest h
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I Loved my vacation, however I would Not stay at Origin again. The staff upon arrival were just unpleasant, they lacked any kind of personality and did not know any answers to the questions I had regarding towels, to how to work the air temperature in my room and they made No Extra Effort at all. The condominium was very nice, however I could have paid the same or Less money at another Resort with a better Pool, with a Pool Bar, for a Bar in the Resort period, Restaurant, etc; As well as the Resort actually being on the Beach vs Across the street from the beach. Again I Loved my trip w/ my babe because the ocean was Beautiful, we had a 1 Bedroom suite on the 12th Floor w/ a balcony & extraordinary view to the ocean that we left open at night, & had a great time; however I still would not stay here again. It lacked a lot of amenities that I could pay the same or less for at another resort on Front Beach Road. Lastly, besides the $110 cleaning fee upon arrival, despite there being zero maid service while you're a guest, check out time is 10AM & they charge you $50 for every half hour there after for a late check out. Complete Rip-off. But you Live & you Learn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple