Message from TripAdvisor:

Origin Beach Resort
Hammond, Louisiana, United States
“Springbreak 2012”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was confused because we had to check in across the street from the hotel and transporting luggage was a hassle but overall my stay was amazing. It was my first time in panama and i definitely picked the right place to stay. The rooms were extremely spacious and beautiful perfect for my friends and I. I definitely would stay here again for my next trip to panama.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Pauline O
SeahavenBeachResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank You for the wonderful feedback! We realize that it does get a bit confusing having to check in at our lobby across the street from Origin at Seahaven so we try to make sure all of our guests know this in advance. We hope that you will return for another visit soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Reviewed March 16, 2013

The origin at seahaven is gorgeous in a good location right across the street from the beach. However, thats where the good ends. Sharkys, the club nearby is the WORST in town. The management is out to ROB you as much as possible. First off, all guests must wear PAPER wristbands, and if lost its a FIFTY DOLLAR fine. Mine came off in the ocean, and Im still mad at them for forcing the fee. Anyone without a wristband cant even go in with a guest who has one. Good luck bringing home anyone from a club or bar! Furthermore, when we checked in, they tried to charge us 200$ extra per person upon arrival, after explicitly telling us the rate via email AND on the phone when we made reservations. Also, all the rooms smell bad. Finally, they tried to screw us yet AGAIN this morning. We called about checkout time last night. They told us 11am. At 745 this morning the aggresssively rude housekeeping staff banged on our door and threatened that every 15 min we stayed in the room past eight would be a 100 dollar fine. We managed to barely get out in time.
Overall, this hotel treats you like a captive audience which they can abuse in whatever way possible. They are on a WAR PATH against you and your wallet. NEVER STAY HERE ITS HORRIBLE.

• Stayed March 2013
6 Thank SlamJam1897
Thank You for your feedback. As you can imagine, Spring Break season is a season all it's own. Although it is standard practice on the beach to charge additional deposits and fees during this season, it is always our practice at Seahaven Beach Resorts to treat our guest fairly. There are other management companies who manage condo units throughout Origin at Seahaven and without specific guest information we cannot determine who this booking was done through.

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A REVIEW FOR A HOTEL UNTIL NOW, this place needs to find an entire new team of employees from cleaning service, front desk assistance, to MANAGERS.

Called to confirm this was on beach front property twice. Showed up. It's not. It's the opposite side of the street next to a trashy looking marsh, rocky parking lot, and few small shops.

Payed for a beach front room, they booked us a fourth floor view on the opposite side of the building. After five minutes of them having to use two different computers to figure it out, they thankfully changed us to a 12 floor room facing the ocean like we payed for.....across from a cheap looking hotel.

Hospitality: None
Approachability: None
Kindness: None
Respect: ZERO
Honesty: HAHAHA

These people are rude to put it nicely. We had to get our room inspected for cleanliness before we left and to receive our security deposit back.....this is where it gets bad:

1.) Cleaning lady rode our kitchen table chair like it was sea biscuit, got off, looked at the other cleaning lady and said "yup, this is broken." Mind you, she checked no other chairs and we never ate at the table for the few days we were there. By the way, each chair (CHEAP chair) was supposedly $150. Yeah, no.

2.) After arguing with the cleaning ladies, we got approved to get our deposit back. After all, we cleaned the place each day to avoid any stains or permanent damage. Mind you again, there was a $130 cleaning fee at check-in, yet we got a letter on our door with a trashbag tied to it saying we were responsible for washing all linens, putting the dishes in the dish washer, etc. I went downstairs to ask what exactly was being cleaned for $130 since our place was nearly spotless. She snatched the paper out of my hand and read the list to me rudely like I was illiterate.

3.) At the day of check out, they made a mistake with removing us from the system and giving us our money back. THEY MADE THE MISTAKE. THE HOTEL EMPLOYEES MADE THE MISTAKE. She got mad at us, FOR THE MISTAKE SHE MADE....and said one of our options was just to go home and "deal with it later." We live ten hours away. We sat there and waited for 15 minutes until she finished struggling redeeming herself from her mistake. She didn't get redemption.

4.) There were five of us that split a $450 deposit. That is $90 each that we all were suppose to receive back. I have gotten nothing. Another girl on the trip got nothing. Two of the people staying with me got charged an additional $90 twice. That's two people that got charged $180. It caused one of them to overdraft. He called, asked for the manager, admitted the mistake and said it would be fixed. The other girl charged $180 called 30 minutes later and the front desk said that the manager wasn't working today. (what? then who the hell did we speak to before...?)

We are currently still dealing with the issue. Let me know if you figure it out, because the hotel can't seem to find out how to refund the security deposit they promised us back.

the condo we paid for was nice in itself, but did not fully compensate for the overcharges and horrible customer service.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Dustin F
SeahavenBeachResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank You for your feedback. The Origin at Seahaven is managed by two separate management companies and several owners, depending on the unit to which you stay. Although Seahaven Beach Resorts has a similar Spring Break deposit policy, we do not ask our guests to bag dirty linens as we have a towels and linen exchange throughout the year. When a guests calls the number we provide upon check-in, our housekeeping staff brings fresh towels and linens and takes away the used. Also, our lobby area is located across the street from the Origin in the Seahaven building and not within the Origin building itself.
Braselton, Georgia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed there long term over the winter and it was terrible. We paid all sorts of charges when checking in including close to $100 CLEANING FEE. Elevators were always slow and the trash chutes were left open and made the whole floors smell. Cleaning crews and other staff were always outside taking smoking breaks in the parking garage. You also stay right next to a trailer park and not on the beach side.

Rooms were ok with decent appliances, comfy bed, and old tvs. Walls were pretty thin and you could here everything the neighbors were doing.

When we checked out over five months later they charged us a carpet cleaning fee and a recleaning fee. I intentionally did not put my time and effort into cleaning because I already paid the $100 cleaning fee. All they had to do was vacuum, mop, and clean out the fridge. Definitely did not warrant an extra $88 cleaning fee. We did not spill anything on the already cement like carpet.

Do not stay here...Dirty, Smelly, Shady, Rip Off
Never know what they will charge your card when you leave.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Chase W
Thank You for your feedback. The Origin at Seahaven condo units are managed by two separate management companies and several individual owners, therefore, it is not an easy task to distinguish our guests from those who may have booked through another source. The building itself is maintained by the Home Owners Association and we do not have control over some of the issues. Our policy at Seahaven Beach Resorts is to book our guests into the room of their choice when it comes to a Gulf view or non Gulf view. It is standard practice for condos on PCB to charge a cleaning fee for any guest stay.
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed at the Origins resort last weekend. The "strip" on Panama City Beach can be a bit pricey when you have 3 little boys in tow. We wanted to find an inexpensive place to stay with onsite amenities so we wouldn't constantly have to be spending additional money to keep them entertained! This complex is not on the gulf, but across the street. There is a view from most rooms and it is easy to walk across the street to the water. Origins has an on site mini theatre which has several scheduled showings a day or you can make a request. My kids loved it! They do not have an indoor pool, but the outside pool is heated and was comfortable for us to swim in even on a cool night. There's also a hot tub on the pool deck. The rooms are privately owned and ours was nice. The common areas are nice and clean. The building is fairly new and there is garage parking. We will make a point of going back.

• Stayed January 2013
Thank You for staying with us! We are happy to present the Lil Sharks Club for our young guests. The club is included with all Seahaven Beach Resorts guests stay. The club offers a variety of activities such as movies in our theatre, face painting and wacky hair, glitter tattoos and balloon art with the club mascot, Finley the Shark! There is a schedule of events at our Discovery Center next to the Reef at Seahaven.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I just returned from a two night stay in a one bedroom condo unit at the Origin at Seahaven for for the New Year's Beach Ball Drop. We booked directly as opposed to third party sites. Dn uring this time the rates were all-inclusive and did not tack on the additional registration and cleaning fees as most of other properties do. Although, the property is across the street from the beach it was not a major concern once I got there as the units are high enough were you still have a view of the beach. I also liked the fact that the pool and hot tub were gave the property a resort type feel unlike some others. I have stayed in units at Celadon, Tidewater and the Palazzo and I most say that the Origin at Seahaven did not disappoint. Sharky's restaurant that is across the street is also a plus if you 'd like to have a meal directly on the beach and not have to walk very far. The New Year's Eve shuttle bus service to Pier Park was also a plus. I definitely enjoyed my stay here and will return in the future.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
SeahavenBeachResorts, Guest Relations Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank You for your feedback. We appreciate the compliments and can always use feedback, even when it's not a compliment, to provide better service to our guests. Glad you enjoyed your stay and please come back and see us!
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I was extremely disappointed in service and staff. I saw two separate discount deals online. I reserved my room and it didn't calculate the discount. I called the hotel and was told the manager would call me in the morning. I never heard from anyone. Once I got there the front desk clerk argued with me about the "deal" I signed up for online. Long story short, I didn't get any discounts whatsoever which was the whole purpose of me chosing this particular hotel. After checking in, all I was given was the room key and that was it. Most hotels I've stayed at will tell me about their accomodations like breakfast, public computers...etc. The clerk said nothing. I wasn't told that they have a inhouse theatre which plays movies every night. I just happened to see that in the lobby while I tried to find the flippin elevator. No one told me there were like 4 elevators that took you to different areas of the hotel. So I get on the first any only one I can find initially. Then I discover my room is at the other end of the floor, which looks like a maze to walk through. Once finding my room after like 15 mins I see an elevator right beside my room door. : / Not a good way to start off. They I discover my room doesn't even have a balcony. No coffee in the room, no free breakfast, and no wifi. That just did it for me. I definitely will not stay at Origins again. The staff sucks and they don't deliver what they advertise. The only good thing was the bed. It was very comfy.

Room Tip: Look at your room first and request a new room if its not up to par. I didn't know you could do...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family