“If oysters turn your crank”

Dusty's Oyster Bar & Dining
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
“If oysters turn your crank”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

The oysters are delicious and attractively priced. Great prices and generous pours on beer and wine. A fun place to. Eat for casual meals. Servers are helpful and fun. Speedy service.

Panama City Beach, Florida
“Won't go back!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Ordered $23.99 fried seafood platter...bad,bad,bad! Grouper overbearing fish oil taste...shrimp over breaded. Oysters the size of your finger tips.onion rings so thin you tasted only thick batter. Fried top menu item seafood platter felt like eating nothing but batter...enjoyed 2012 visits..but 2013 an upset stomach disaster. So disappointed ! Only positive was friendly tavern atmosphere..

baltimore, maryland
“Great Oysters”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Loved this place for casual, fun dining. Sat at the bar and enjoyed raw and cooked oysters. Bartender was great-good service. Place was mobbed. Told 40 min. wait for table. Had "Dusty's Bakedl" cooked to perfection and raw oysters out of Apalachicola. Short walk to Pier Park. About 10-15 min. cab ride to Holiday Inn Resort. Fare to travel about $12.

• Visited October 2013
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Good value and fun place”
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere to have a cold beer and oysters. I had baked with cheese & bacon. They were very small compared to other local restaurants I have had. Tasted good. Service was good.

Kansas City, Missouri
“these folks do a lot right!”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

These people know how to make you feel special. Even if alone. Service very good. Raw oysters, really yummy. The first night I went there I had fried shrimp and oysters. Nothing else. I don't know how the guy that put my order in 'named it', but he did one good job. I had nothing else and boy, they were good. Decent size and just dee-lish. Next day I went and had a lb of steamed shrimp, but they had some kind of red seasoning and I didn't care for that but didn't say anything. I like to taste shrimp. JUST shrimp. And of course, I had a 1/2 dozen raw oysters. omg. Next day I went there and I SOOOO wanted a repeat of just the fish thing from the first night. I thought I would try scallops and oysters. I got talked into ordering a 'plate'. I got more French fries than anything else, two hush puppies which to me, are like seasoned wood shavings when you bite into them, incredibly small and OH SO SALTY oysters. Good grief, guys, back off on the seasoning. It's overwhelming!!! The scallops were the weirdest I've ever eaten. Grilled. But they were perfect, round scallops. Small. I've never seen a cookie-cutter scallop in my life and I'm from New England. I've ordered scallops a lot of places, prepared my own squilions of times. I'm still trying to figure out how they did that?? Did they take a big scallop and use some utensil to cut them out? So, that was the end of my trip. Last day. Dusty's started out gangbusters and ended with a crash. They aren't located on a beach or within view of one. I mean, it's a real down and dirty (not literally!!) bar. Kinda local flair, laid back and fun at night. My advice is just to tell them to cut down on the seasoning and salt!!! And if you get itty bitty oysters, TELL THEM. I didn't do it. I should have complained. I hate to complain and I hate to be taken advantage of. I paid good money every time I was there!! It's not like they really had to skimp at the last.