“Firefly had Fantastic Atmosphere and Delicious Food!!”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, wild game, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, OpenTable's 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America, Urbanspoon's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Firefly was one of eight restaurants selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
Reviewed June 26, 2014

The whimsical atmosphere is so delightful. A giant tree sits in the middle of the restaurant with lights around it. The lighting is low and relaxing. We had the she crab soup and shrimp appetizer to start. They were unbelievably delicious. Our meals were all so wonderful. Between the attentive staff and high quality food, it was definitely a great experience.

1  Thank Kris P
Write a ReviewReviews (2,047)

Reviewed June 25, 2014

We visited 6/16/14 for dinner for 4 at 6:00pm. When I made the reservation via Open Table, I asked to sit close to the beautiful tree they have in the dining room, which they accomodated. Unfortunatley, those beautiful lights you see in the picture have been swapped out for those awful LEDs! Please, Firefly, change back to the soft, twinkling, Christmastree, style lights. I hate those white/blue colored LEDs!
Okay, so for the food, my daughter ordered the filet with cold water lobster tail. It was $42, and the filet was like butter. Probably the best filet I've ever tasted. I didn't get to try the lobster tail, but my daughter loved it and she ate every last bite. Her friend ordered a filet as well, and I think it was topped with gorganzola, or something like that. She loved hers and ate every last bite. My friend and I both ordered the veal and scallops. Both our dishes were of great quality and cooked to perfection. However, I didn't care for the flavor of the sauce. It had a bit of sweetness to it. My friend loved hers, so it's just personal preference there.
We did try the she crab soup, which was delicious. It comes with a puff pastry in the center, which I didn't need.
We also had the crab cakes as an appetizer and they were excellent. Made with lump crab and the sauce was tangy and delicious.
They also served bread with three types of spreads, apricot butter, a cream cheese type spread, and a marinara. All were delicious.
I would definitely go back to Firefly. The restaurant is beautiful, the service was phenomenal...oh wait...the water refill guy always kept our water full, but towards the end of the meal he never came back and we were still eating, so I had to drink my friend's water. I know I sound snooty, but it's just an honest account of what was a $220 meal.
Okay, so besides that water guy, the service was phenomenal, and the food was amazing. We loved it!

Reviewed June 24, 2014

What a great find. We had a fantastic dinner. Our server was very nice and attentive. Our food was superb. I had the she crab soup and the grouper. The soup was good and the grouper was so fresh and cooked perfectly. My husband had the ny strip and it was cooked to a perfect med rare. For dessert we shared the chocolate bombe, it was wonderful. I wish we had a firefly in Houston. Don't let the location, in a strip mall deter you. This place is one you will want to try.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Enjoyed this restaurant on Saturday night. We had reservations for early dining. Lovely dining room but also excellent areas to wait for table. Lovely library area, bar area, sushi bar dining room as well. We all enjoyed our meal but the She Crab Soup was divine. Tasted out of this world. The stuffed grouper was also very good. Jennifer was excellent waitress. She made our dining a very pleasant experience. The bread and three types of tasty butters were a treat. Extensive wine list.
Extensive menu. Early dining specials. Next time I would like to go just for the sushi. We will go again.

1  Thank SVHicks
Reviewed June 24, 2014

The restaurants itself was lovely with twinkling lights that look like fireflies. The service was
very good they were very observant and attentive. The food was delicious. Every entrée looked
like a work of art. I had the she crab soup it was so good but very rich I couldn't even finish it.
Then I had the crab cakes with mashed potatoes and a fruit relish now that was wonderful. We were a party of thirteen and had a great time with great food.