“Best quality food”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, wild game, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, OpenTable's 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America, Urbanspoon's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Firefly was one of eight restaurants selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Firefly has the best food on the beach for a great price. Eat the early bird special between 5-6:30 pm and pick from the specials. The medallions of beef are fabulous and so is the She crab soup. We visited several restaurants in the area but for the taste, quality and value, Firefly cannot be beat. Our waiter was wonderful and very patiently described menu items. Try the special coffee for a real treat, yummy!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We had our wedding reception dinner here and could not be happier! The food was excellent and our waitress was wonderful!

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I was impressed with Firefly. I dont eat at "fancy" places. This place was great. I had made a reservation and was seated immedately. I never we never had to wait for anything. Our server was there for every need. Water and tea glasses were never empty. We never waited for apps, soup or main course. The crab soup was hot and tasted great. The main meal of fish and steak was excellent. The servings were of good size. We couldn't find anything to complain about. We had great meal. I was prepaired for the sticker shock, apps, salad, soup, main meal and dessert with two alcoholic drinks with tip was over 200 bucks. But it's nice to treat yourself and a date every once in a while. We will be back when I can afford it again. Lookin forward to it.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Went for an anniversary dinner, as we do almost every year. The bread and 3 spreads they serve are excellent, especially the mushroom one. She-crab soup is so good, its almost worth going just to have it. It never disappoints. We ordered salads but the waiter forgot to put them in so can't attest to that. In hindsight, I'm glad we didn't get them, it left room for dessert. Both of us had filet with vegetables. The steaks were cooked nicely and seasoned well. Potatoes, asparagus & carrots were really good. Thoroughly enjoyed the "chocolate bomb" for dessert. I'm not a big dessert fan but it was surprisingly light for what it sounded like and delicious.

The bartender was heavy-handed on the night we went so all the drinks were on the strong side(not a bad thing). The environment is great with all the tree lights and even though its usually busy it doesn't seem crowded at all.

1  Thank Brian V
Reviewed October 23, 2013

For many years, we always looked forward to eating at Firefly when in PCB, not anymore. It has gone from five star to one star! From the moment we were seated, until we left, we continued to be disappointed.

It was 10-15 minutes before our server (Sheri) brought water. We ordered our meals, with soup & salads. After another 45 minutes we received our entrees, but never received our soups or salad. I would like to say the food was superb (as it use to be) but it was lukewarm and barely edible. In fact, I couldn't eat mine. I was so frustrated with service, but I didn't even say anything to the server. Did I mention we never got refills on our water?

Because of the soup and salad mix up, the manager came over and offered us dessert. We should have passed because even the bread pudding was cold.

The entire night was such a shocker to me. How could a restaurant that was once the best place in PCB to eat become a restaurant to avoid?

2  Thank MycenaeD