“Firefly is the best!”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, wild game, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, OpenTable's 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America, Urbanspoon's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Firefly was one of eight restaurants selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I ate at this restaurant tonight with my son and his family. Really, the she crab soup is wonderful. I felt like I died and went to heaven!! My son ordered crab cakes and he said they were really good.I had Grouper with crab and a special sauce. This was probably the best grouper entree I ever had. The fish was cooked to perfection, very tender, just right. The sauce was amazing. I ordered the homemade ice cream for desert and it was cheesecake ice cream served with different berries and a raspberry sauce. I had never tasted ice cream better anywhere in my life. The service was excellent, the ambience was wonderful. If you are at Panama City Beach, treat yourself to the best restaurant in town!!! You won't be sorry!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,054)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We loved everything about this restaurant...cocktails, food, service, and reasonable for fine dining. The calamari was terrific and cost only $5.00 for a generous serving. We ordered two for an appetizer and it was more than enough for 4 people. The she-crab soup was highly recommended. It did not disappoint. Since we were there for the "early bird", it cost an additional $2.00 but it was well worth it. I had the crab cakes for my entree. They were very tasty. Since it was such a generous serving, I took of one them home with me and ate the next day. The other members in our party had the chicken and tuna. Everyone enjoyed their dinner immensely. The next time we go to Panama City, I will dine there for sure!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Decent food, but didn't make me say, "wow I need to come back here and spend $88 for decent food (for 2 people)". If you have money to blow, stop by. Otherwise stick with pineapple willies. The devils advocate sushi was awesome though. Try it if you go.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good. The atmosphere was great and it walking distance from the Holiday Inn Resort. Wife and I were on the beach with the kids all day and this was a great place to go for the two of us. We shared a meal and it was good. Filet and lobster tail. Delicious.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

First of all, I don't remember our server's name but he looks like Aaron Rodgers! He was fabulous! Our little girl even colored a picture and gave it to him before we left. He was awesome! My hubby and I had the she crab soup. OMG, was it amazing!Hubby had steak. I had the salmon and our little girl had the chicken tenders. Everything was fantastic!!! I highly recommend this place for food, ambiance and wine selection. Looked at the sushi menu and we might be back this week!