“Best food anywhere!”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, wild game, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, OpenTable's 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America, Urbanspoon's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Firefly was one of eight restaurants selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The she crab soup is worth a trip from anywhere. Their stuffed fillet mignon was superb. This is definitely the best place in Panama City Beach to eat.

Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Hubby and I tried Firefly on our vacation to PCB. Actually tried it because if the reviews on Trip Advisor . The atmosphere was quiet and private. Service was stellar and food was excellent. I had the bacon wrapped shrimp with cheese grits, delicious! Hubby had shrimp Newberry and loved it! A little tip, if you are like us and don't mind eating early, the have early dining specials

1  Thank Wendi B
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Four of us ventured into Firefly on May 13th for an evening out while in Panama City Beach. The wait staff was ultra knowledgable, and made several suggestions. One of our party has extreme food allergies and the staff at Firefly made a wonderful effort to accomodate his needs. The food was brought out in a timely manner and just as it was ordered. We had to send one dish back due to some pepper, and it was promptly replaced. I cannot say enough about the staff and management and how they took great care of our table. The food was all delicious and we will definitely be back next time we are down that way. A++++++++

Reviewed May 16, 2013

WE went there May 12 for Mothers day. We had reservations and they tried to stick us in that back room, which is a closed in box. They moved us into the main dining room and it was beautiful. I had the Grouper and he had the prime Rib. Both were delicious and the service was exceptional. I was never given my free Champagne, but that was okay. We told friends that we met about this place. Decided to go back on the 13th of May for my birthday and things were a little different. For 42. 00 my filet was dry and overcooked, mashed potatoes cold. I ate the lobster tail and veg before the food came back out. My boyfriend was finishing his meal and had to wait on me. They offered a free desert, but I refused because I don't do desert. Also took some of the steak with me because he had finished. For 2 nights the meal was 270.00 before tip and we tip 20%. U were on ur game for Mothers Day, but I think they must have given the chef the night off on the second night. Overall love this place and will visit again when we go back. My top restaurant along with Salt Water Grill.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place is definitely a wonderful place for a date night. It's great for a special occasion. It's not inexpensive, and the check might give you sticker shock, so be prepared. With that, let me say that this is the best place for a special meal on Panama City Beach, Florida. We started with the crab cakes. They do these right with the wonderful sauce and little bits of fruit - mango or pineapple - not sure which, but it doesn't matter because it's amazing. Then came one of their specialties - the she crab soup. "Would you like a little sherry on that?" You bet! This soup is the best I've ever had, but it is very rich so it's not what I would call comfort food type soup that you would eat when you are sick. It is a delicacy.

We skipped the salad and moved right on to the filet mignon. I don't know how they do it, but those filets come out perfect every time, and they absolutely melt in your mouth. I had the stuffed filet, and it was delicious, but I think I may be a "filet purist." Next time I will order the filet mignon plain.

Did I just say plain? Nothing in this restaurant is plain. Everything is just top notch. The service is impeccable, and the food is plentiful and something to look forward to. Go hungry. And since they have incredible ambience, make it a date night when you go. This is a place that knows that you don't blast music at high volume without damaging the atmosphere. It's a place to have some wine, conversation and linger over the fabulous courses brought for your dining pleasure.