“PCB meets Las Vegas”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, wild game, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, OpenTable's 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America, Urbanspoon's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Firefly was one of eight restaurants selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I am willing to pay a decent amount for a good steak, well-prepared fresh seafood or just about any other restaurant meal that really appeals to me. This said, I would suggest that if you have family or guests who would be favorably impressed by what I’m sure were great ingredients that were over-priced, over-sauced and over sold by a pretentious wait staff in a French boudoir atmosphere, this is the place you absolutely must take them.

There are newer reviews for Firefly

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Maybe it's just me, I guess it is considering all the other reviews, but we went there tonight because it was rated number 1 in PCB! The food was average. Definitely nothing to write home about! Not worth the price! It's not TOO outrageous but I could of gotten the same salmon and mash potatoes at outback or red lobster and it would of tasted better for less money. Husband got a steak and had to load it down with salt! Everything was pretty flavorless. SAVE your money.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Our family of six ate here during the sunset menu hours. We all loved our meals! My husband and I love seafood, but we live in rural SW VA so the only time we get to indulge in good, fresh seafood is on vacation.

At first, we were a little hesitate to visit the Firefly. We weren't sure it was the best choice for a family with 4 children (3, 5, 7, & 8). We want to make sure our children enjoy their meals and also want to stay within our budget. We had some pretty disappointing meals in PCB, which prompted further investigation of the Firefly. We noticed the sunset menu on the website and immediately made reservations.

This is an upscale restaurant. We have well-mannered children who are use to eating out; however, we are always nervous how upscale restaurants and their patrons will receive us. Not everyone is thrilled to see small children in a white tablecloth establishment. We were warmly welcomed by the hostess and didn't notice any raised eyebrows from those dining. We felt very comfortable.

We ordered the kids 2 calamari appetizers, a wedge salad, and a cheese pizza to share. My husband and I both had the she-crab soup and black & white tuna. I also had white chocolate creme brulee for dessert. Surprisingly, the only thing left on the table was the pizza. All the children loved the calamari. It was cooked perfectly. My daughters loved the she-crab soup. My husband commented that it tasted very similar to his favorite lobster bisque, but he wished it had more crab in it. My son called this 'lady-crab' soup and my eldest daughter explained to us that they know the female crabs because there are the ones that have lipstick on their pouty lips. (Just in case you were confused.) The creme brulee was delicious!

Overall, it was a really great experience and we will definitely return. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced for the quality. The kids really enjoyed the atmosphere and trying to find the firefly in the tree. I would recommend this establishment for any occasion.

2  Thank Mackem6
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Enjoyed eating here during the sunset menu hours of 5 to 6:30. This place is very nice with great waitstaff. We were dressed casually, capris, and felt underdressed but they assured us the attire was fine. The sunset menu offers reduced prices compared to their other menu and still a good amount of food. Kids pasta was huge!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Whenever I ask my wife if she'd like to dine at Firefly, her answer is always 'yes'! It's an upscale restaurant that specializes in seafood, steaks,sushi. The entrees are reasonably priced yet they typically have specials for those dining on a budget. We've never been disappointed here and always look forward to our next dining experience! When I host a business group in town, I'm making reservations at Firefly! If you haven't tasted their she-crab soup, try a cup, but be aware that it's very rich!

1  Thank Robert W