“Great Experience”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, wild game, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, OpenTable's 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America, Urbanspoon's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Firefly was one of eight restaurants selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
Marianna, Florida
“Great Experience”
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I wanted to have a nice, quiet evening out in Panama City Beach and I had heard some really great things about Firefly. I made reservations the same day and we arrived about 30 minutes earlier. We were seated within 5 minutes close to the beautiful tree that truly makes you feel that you are outside minus the bugs and humidity. Our waiter was so attentive. We told him it was our first time at Firefly and he answered our questions and made us feel right at home. The food was great, the atmosphere is great....it was just a really fun experience. I read some complaints about the "strange looking tree with Christmas lights" and "the food was overly priced." Well, you should have left as soon as you saw the tree or the menu. Or you should have checked the menu online or looked at the pics on their website. It would be the same as if I knew i was making a chocolate cake and as soon as I was ready to eat it, i started complaining b/c it had chocolate on it. Geez! Anyway, we had a blast and def plan on returning!

Nashville, Tennessee
“Nice escape”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Firefly offered a nice escape from the "spring break" crowd. Although located in a relatively run-of-the-mill strip mall, once inside the dark wood doors, one is transported to a quiet dining atmosphere filled with friendly service and above-average food (for Panama City Beach). The menu offers primarily seafood-inspired starters, followed by soups, salads, pizzas, a few home-made pastas, and mostly steak and seafood entrees. I only wish there were more restaurants like Firefly in the area. It is totally worth the visit.

• Visited March 2013
Michigan
“Fabulous Food!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I each started with with a caprese salad. This one had avocado and red onion. We should have ordered just one and split it, it was quite big. There is nothing like fresh, red tomatoes. Next I ordered the filet which was cooked to perfection. It came with garlic mashed potatoes and aspargus. For dessert, my husband and I split the carrot cheesecake. It was amazing. We will definetly go back next time we are in Panama City Beach.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank DonandSheron
Wixom, Michigan
“One of my best dinners yet”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stumbled a crossed this restaurant looking for somewhere to eat. We did not have a reservations but we only had to wait a few minutes. The decor is amazing. We started with the she crab soup, the best soup I have ever had. For dinner we had the scallops and shrimp. Equally as good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this restaurant

• Visited March 2013
“Great food/excellent service!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I found this restaurant on trip advisor and my husband and I went for "date night". We were very pleased. The whole experience was great. Not only was the food perfectly cooked, It food was perfectly timed. My husband had the grouper...phenomenal! The server said that the chef was chosen to cook at the Olympics and that was his signature dish. The service was also very good. No empty dish stayed on our table for longer than a couple of minutes. Firefly just moved to the top of our list of favorites!