“Best restaurant I've been to”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, wild game, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, OpenTable's 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America, Urbanspoon's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Firefly was one of eight restaurants selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
“Best restaurant I've been to”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This restaurant was by far the best I have ever been to. I spent a lot of time looking around online to treat me and my boyfriend to a nice dinner, I was shocked not to find this place in any brochure! From the parking lot i was a little skeptical as to whether all the great reviews I read on line were bogus but as soon as I walked in I was blown away by the wonderful atmosphere and how nice al the employees were! They made sure you had every thing you need for a better experience, they knew the menu well and were able to answer any questions we had, especially about the wonderful bread and all the spreading choices that were with it, they all tasted so wonderful and the meal we ordered was no disappointment either! As a starter I got the she crab soup and he had the crab cakes (which I was never to big a fan of, but theirs were delicious!) Then for the meal I had the Bacon wrapped shrimp and Grits with gravy which was I think one of the best meals I have ever eaten, every bite was just so good there are no word to describe, the Bacon shrimp and grits were the best tasting I've ever had and then put it all together in one bite, wow! He had the filet and lobster with mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables, all of which I tasted to and it was definitely all amazing, this lobster was delicious and I loved the potatoes and esparragos was cooked to perfection and the steak was great, both meals had amazing flavors that combined great! For desert we slit the cheese cake, which was the most creamy, soft, and fluffy I have ever had, it was so good but I was to full to finish it! The actuall meal portions arnt the biggest so I would recommend a starter or at least another thing of bread and maybe a desert. While the prices were a big high it was worth every cent, you get what you pay for here and the meal was more than worth our bill. The service was all friendly and well trained, they never kept us waiting when we wanted more bread or drinks and they were very helpful with all our questions about the food. The firefly is a must go to restaurant while in panama city, if I'm ever at this beach again there is no way I would pass up the opportunity to return for another best meal!

DaveTrepanier, Owner at Firefly, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Wow, what a wonderful review! Thank you so much for taking the time to describe your evening in such detail. I have a great chef and wonderful staff and it means the world to all of us when our guests take the time pass on their experience to others. We hope to see you again real soon!

Covington, Georgia
“Great alternative to all the fried fish tourist traps”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went here for our last night during a week's vacation in PCB. Had a great experience largely due to the awesome service from Gene our waiter. He was wonderful though never hovering nor "in the way". I had the grouper which was delicious, would recommend to the chef to maybe add something green or anything with color to the plate to make it more visually appealing? My daughter had the andouille encrusted red snapper which had a delicious sauce and was the best dish at the table in my opinion. Husband had the duck which he felt was "tenderized" and too salty - I said he should send it back, but he was enjoying the evening anyway and said he didn't want to make a fuss - sometimes you're having such a good time, you just don't want an uncomfortable moment, you know? Anyway, everything was good, just avoid the duck... Crab cake appetizers were delish with a yummy melon salsa, eggplant pancakes not what was expected with too much breading... Definitely go for the mousse or the creme brûlée for dessert - simply divine!

Loved the large tree with lights, though I wish they would use more "warm" yellow lights instead of the blue-white light of LEDs - would help the atmosphere go from just "nice" to a Perfect! Small detail but then I'm a very visual person in graphic design...

All in all a great experience and a nice, unexpected find in Panama City Beach! Wonderful way to end our vacation...

• Visited September 2012
Homosassa, Florida
“Impeccable”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

The food was incredibly delicious. We went at 5:45 on a Saturday night and had the choice of the early special or the 3 course Dinner for Two for $39.95. We decided on the dinner for two and was given the choice of many delectable (and obviously chef prepared) items. The She-crab soup, Grecian Chicken and Cheesecake were absolutely wonderful. There was no scrimping on portions just because we ordered a special. The service was beyond excellent. We were dressed extremely casual and yet were treated with the utmost respect, courtesy and kindness from the time we entered to door until the time we left. Every staff member that we came in contact with: hostess, server, busboy and the manager were friendly and professional. The atmosphere was romantic and elegant. Firefly will be on our must do list for all future visits to PCB.

Panama City Beach, Florida
“Slightly above average”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Interesting menu items but not always good combinations. Worth trying but may not be worth a second visit.

Visited September 2012
Atlanta
“Finally -- really good food in PCB!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

After striking out all week with PCB restaurants, we finally found Firefly (thanks to your website) and were thoroughly pleased. From being greeted at the front desk by a bevy of attractive smiling young ladies, to the careful and polite waitstaff to the wonderful food -- all well done very well and worth a return visit. The She Crab soup is every bit as good as the many comments we read on your website. We had the $39.95 for two special and brought over half of our two dinners home with us. We both managed to devour the starters (great salad with exquisite homemade dressing and the aformentioned devine She Crap soup). We just made a dent into our entrees and veggies and I had to have them box up over half of the wonderful bread pudding.

• Visited September 2012