“Great alternative to all the fried fish tourist traps”
Review of Firefly

Firefly
Reserve with OpenTable
Firefly is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Front Beach Rd.
Description: Casual Fine Dining at it"s Finest! Firefly specializes locally caught seafood, mouthwatering steaks seared on an 1800 degree broiler, wild game, fresh sushi and artisan pizzas. Winner of Florida Trend's Golden Spoon Award, OpenTable's 100 Most Romantic Restaurants in America, Urbanspoon's Top 250 High End Restaurant and Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, quality of food and service is Firefly's mission. The atmosphere is more like New York City than Panama City. Firefly is the locals choice for a romantic night out, or a special occasion. Firefly has also played host to Country Music Stars, Heisman Trophy winners and the President of The United States. Firefly was one of eight restaurants selected to cook for the athletes and dignitaries in the USA House at the 2012 London Olympics. We want it to be much more than dinner, we want to treat you to a unique dining experience!
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We went here for our last night during a week's vacation in PCB. Had a great experience largely due to the awesome service from Gene our waiter. He was wonderful though never hovering nor "in the way". I had the grouper which was delicious, would recommend to the chef to maybe add something green or anything with color to the plate to make it more visually appealing? My daughter had the andouille encrusted red snapper which had a delicious sauce and was the best dish at the table in my opinion. Husband had the duck which he felt was "tenderized" and too salty - I said he should send it back, but he was enjoying the evening anyway and said he didn't want to make a fuss - sometimes you're having such a good time, you just don't want an uncomfortable moment, you know? Anyway, everything was good, just avoid the duck... Crab cake appetizers were delish with a yummy melon salsa, eggplant pancakes not what was expected with too much breading... Definitely go for the mousse or the creme brûlée for dessert - simply divine!

Loved the large tree with lights, though I wish they would use more "warm" yellow lights instead of the blue-white light of LEDs - would help the atmosphere go from just "nice" to a Perfect! Small detail but then I'm a very visual person in graphic design...

All in all a great experience and a nice, unexpected find in Panama City Beach! Wonderful way to end our vacation...

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The food was incredibly delicious. We went at 5:45 on a Saturday night and had the choice of the early special or the 3 course Dinner for Two for $39.95. We decided on the dinner for two and was given the choice of many delectable (and obviously chef prepared) items. The She-crab soup, Grecian Chicken and Cheesecake were absolutely wonderful. There was no scrimping on portions just because we ordered a special. The service was beyond excellent. We were dressed extremely casual and yet were treated with the utmost respect, courtesy and kindness from the time we entered to door until the time we left. Every staff member that we came in contact with: hostess, server, busboy and the manager were friendly and professional. The atmosphere was romantic and elegant. Firefly will be on our must do list for all future visits to PCB.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Interesting menu items but not always good combinations. Worth trying but may not be worth a second visit.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

After striking out all week with PCB restaurants, we finally found Firefly (thanks to your website) and were thoroughly pleased. From being greeted at the front desk by a bevy of attractive smiling young ladies, to the careful and polite waitstaff to the wonderful food -- all well done very well and worth a return visit. The She Crab soup is every bit as good as the many comments we read on your website. We had the $39.95 for two special and brought over half of our two dinners home with us. We both managed to devour the starters (great salad with exquisite homemade dressing and the aformentioned devine She Crap soup). We just made a dent into our entrees and veggies and I had to have them box up over half of the wonderful bread pudding.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

So many components make a dining experience - food is just a small part if the others are lacking. The Firefly seems to have all bases covered. My first impression upon entering was "where do I go?" The doors open into the bar and the hostess station is off to the corner so awkward at best. As a single female I usually have no problems with dining alone although my hostess paraded me to the platform area that was very highly lit - felt as if I was on stage. I didn't ask for another table but if I were the GM managing a 4-5 star restaurant I would make certain my hostess knew how to make all guests comfortable by selecting the perfect table for each situation - minor detail but to single diners this will move the experience to the exceptional category quickly.

I selected the chef's veal special, very good although not memorable. The She-Crab soup is worth the trip like others have raved about.

What was memorable were the two servers that made my experience very pleasant indeed. Never hovering but always available to meet any needs. I even was helped changing chairs because one was a bit 'broken down' - felt as if I was a child at the adult table. The chairs were just too low for the table actually and my server helped facilitate the switch quickly and efficiently.

Overall excellent experience for PCB in a world of fried seafood platters. Nice to have a worthwhile difference.