“Great place to start a new tradition”

Palmetto Inn & Suites
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2007

This was the first time for my family to stay here. We have been going to Daytone Beach for years. This is a place we will come back to every summer. We stayed in a deluxe suite and it was awesome. The people were very nice. I recommend this place for kids. My children made many friends.

2  Thank mginther

Reviewed July 28, 2007

we just returned home from the palmetto.
could not have asked for a better vacation.
loved the pool and the staff was awesome.
clean rooms , great location.
we'll see y'all next year!

2  Thank jenjen826
Reviewed July 27, 2007

We stayed at the Palmetto July 22 - 26. When I first called to book we booked a king oceanside. Then my cousin decided to join us so we wanted to upgrade to a Queen Deluxe Suite. I called one afternoon and a woman answered and when I told her we had a room booked but wished to upgrade she immediately told me they were booked for the entire week. I was disappointed. I called back the next day and a gentleman answered the phone and said sure, they had 3 or 4 deluxe suites open and would be happy to upgrade us. Hmmmm, I was told they were booked for the week, just yesterday. Anyway Great we can upgrade!

We arrived early on Sunday around 10:30 or so, and were able to check right in to our room. So that was wonderful! The room was very spacious, looks exactly as it does on the web-site. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The balcony had a great view and was spacious as well. The only things that bothered us about this motel were a) not ample parking, sometimes we couldn't find a spot unless we drove around and around. The extra parking lot is a little way from the motel across the street and if you park there, it's not lit up all well. So parking can be a hassle if you are out late at night. B) I didn't bring shampoo thinking this was a motel, so little bottle of shampoo would be in the room. Wrong. No shampoo, just soap. C) I didn't bring dishwashing detergent thinking there would be a little sample size to use. Wrong, we had to wash dishes by hand. They did provide the dish liquid. D) The room was always well cleaned, but they never cleaned the tile entryway, or the kitchen floor or the bathroom floor. May have swept them, but didn't seem to mop and I had to wipe down the kitchen floor a couple of times myself.

All in all, it was a pleasant experience. And I would stay here again. I do remember hearing about the elevator getting stuck while we were there. Somebody was talking about it but I didn't pay much attention to it. We used the elevators every day with no problems.

Oh yes, and there are no ice machines on the property either. YOu need to buy your own ice. They sell ice for $1.65 a bag beside the pool.

4  Thank LuvRaccoons
Reviewed July 24, 2007

My family arrived at the Palmetto on Friday the room and the view was nice. The pool and hot tub were very crowded. The second day we were there my husband got into the elevator to go up to our room when the elevator stopped between floors, he tried to press our floor again but the elevator would not work , the manager from the front desk came up to the elevator and told my husband to stop horsing around in the elevator, and she would have to call the repair company. Long story short my husband had to sit in the elevator with no air conditioning for an hour and a half. When they finally got the door open they told my husband if he tripped the elevator we would be kicked out. At 9:30 the next morning they called my room to tell me we had to leave because of the problem, no one could tell me what caused the elevator to break, they told me he must have been jumping up and down inside the elevator ,it is hard to believe a grown man with his one year old son were jumping in the elevator, they had no proof of this ,but the told me it was a new hotel and elevator so it couldn't have malfunctioned. There was never an apology but they did credit my debit card but it took 4 days. Atleast we found another hotel that turned out to be alot nicer. If you stay here becareful in the elevators because the closest repair man lives 60 miles away.

5  Thank BNS12
Trikki, owner at Palmetto Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2007

I, the owner and the Otis Elevator repair man were there when the elevator doors opened and there were two adult men , not one adult man and a one year old child { as stated by this complaint } on the elevator.The Otis repair man even talked to the men and explained to them why it shut down. When checking the equipment it was recorded that in fact they were jumping in the elevator and that is the only thing that would cause the saftey switch to ingage. This is a real problem here on the beach at all hotels and condos. also when we call a Otis repair man at 10:00 to 11:00 on a Saturday night the bill I receive will be $400.00 to $ 500.00 dollars. They charge from the time they leave the house until they get back home. He lives one hour away.I hope that having to sit in an un-air conditioned elevator for one hour will teach these adult men a lesson and we do not wish to entertain these people ever as guests here again. As you can tell by reading our reviews we are a family motel with very good reviews .

Reviewed July 24, 2007

We've been staying at the Palmetto for years and absolutely love it! This year we stayed in a deluxe queen suite in the newly built beachside portion of the hotel and it was very nice. The Palmetto is a family-owned and operated hotel and the pride of ownership is evident throughout. Rick, Pattie and their staff go out of their way to make their guests feel welcome, and you won't find a better value on the beach. The outdoor pool is gorgeous and the views of the beach and ocean are breathtaking. If you're looking for a clean, family-oriented place to vacation on the most beautiful beaches in the world - - this is it!!!

1  Thank buckeyemom38
Reviewed July 11, 2007

The hotel is very pretty.It has bright large,clean rooms.The main outdoor pool is very large.Everyone was enjoying themselves around the pool,baby pool,hot tubs.The staff is very friendly and the owner was behind the desk to answer any questions.This is A GREAT family beach hotel.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank Smyrna_TnTitan1
Reviewed July 5, 2007

We stayed at the Palmetto for the week of July 4th at the beachside location. We will definately stay there again next time we go to the beach! The rooms were very clean, it was great to have the kitchen and Winn Dixie across the street, and the pool and beach areas were beautiful. The staff was very nice and we have NO complaints about this motel. Everything on the webpage was true, we were so glad there were no surprises when we arrived....sometimes ads make things seem so much better than they are but this time we got what we were expecting...a nice, clean, reasonably priced place to stay on the beach. And we had a great view of the fireworks display!!

6  Thank ThurstonFamily