Palmetto Inn & Suites
HolidayInn.com
$169
Hampton.com
$154
Beachcomber By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
$135
Chateau Motel(Panama City Beach)
$159
  • Pool
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
Beachside Resort Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$219
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbeach sideacross the streetdeluxe queen suitehot tubqueen efficiencywinn dixiesnow conesindoor poolfamily owned hotelfull kitchenpanama citya great place to staybeautiful beachrooms were very cleandefinitely stay here againshort drivespring break
Reviewed April 17, 2009

I chaperoned 3 teenage girls duirng Spring Break 2009. I had booked the motel room on the north side at first. When we arrived Carlton was at the desk. He explained the slight difference in the rooms and offered me to view one of the gulf view rooms. When I walked out onto the balcony, the view took my breath away. We only live once and to see Gods magnificent creation while staying in a clean and friendly atmosphere was exactly what I needed I upgraded to the gulf view room and it was worth every penny. Carlton found me a "custom" parking spot and because the room was clean and unoccupied let us check in early. Christa was also one of the people at the desk who was both patient and cordial answering questions and making suggestions.
Kim & Kris were the "domestic engineers" who kept us supplied with towels and our room in tip top shape! Now thats what I call SPRING BREAK!!! Needless to say I'm already making plans to return for fall break!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2009

i had to write this review because the bad review that i just read was really funny because the owner is trying to keep everything so clean by putting a plastic cover over the mattress for the guest's protection. That is such a wonderful idea. We used to live in Panama City Beach for several years and let me tell you, you will NOT find another hotel that is this clean and well kept. This was our first time staying here and this is where we will stay from now on. The bath towel's didn't have any stains on them and appeared new. The palmetto has wonderful customer service and obviously will help you if a problem should arise. Another thing is that the carpet was very clean. We have 3 small children and i didn't mind letting them take their shoes off unlike anywhere else . Thank you owner for caring and I will let families in Auburn know where to stay on their vacation.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank peypey
Reviewed April 7, 2009

My wife and I hadn't been to the beach in 12 years, and my son had never been. Our stay at the Palmetto was wonderful. The staff was exceptional. They were very knowlegeable about the area, and very helpful. Each staff member did their absolute best to make our stay a pleasure. The property was spotless, our room was immaculate, very nicely decorated and extremely comfortable. We really enjoyed the "family" atmosphere. The property was perfectly located on the West end of the beach away from all of the rowdyness of the huge night clubs, but very close to shopping and entertainment. There is a Winn-Dixie store just 200 yards from the motel. The check in & check out process was hassel-free, and the whole experience is one my family will never forget. We hope to go back in Mid-September. We had an excellent experience, and we will be going back soon.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2009

We just returned from our stay at the Palmetto 2 days ago. Since my family decided to stay at the Palmetto based on reviews that I read on this website, I feel that I should leave a review as well. I was VERY pleased with this hotel. Check-in was easy and the staff was friendly. The elevators were quick and stayed clean (a lot of other places in the area have really slow elevators!!)
After a careful inspection of the room when we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to find it CLEAN. I have two small children and I have been known to request a different room if it doesn't meet my high standard of cleanliness =)
The beds were pretty comfortable. You can tell that there is some type of cover over the mattress but that is expected since some will sit on the bed in a wet swimsuit! Overall, it didn't affect my sleep at all!!
We didn't stay in a room with a kitchen but our room did have a coffee pot and microwave along with a good sized refrigerator (usually rooms with no kitchen offer NO refrigerator or one that is too small to put anything in..this refrigerator was big enough for us to store 24 drinks, hot dogs, cheese, and applesauce..it was great to have this!!)
The balcony was clean and offered a great view..we stayed beachside.
The pools were AWESOME and heated!! Even the kiddie pool was heated! My kids enjoyed the play area for the children as well. We rented beach chairs as well (although I don't think that the rental place is associated with Palmetto I think I should add that the young man who was working it, Jake, was really friendly!) The beach was nice and clean and family-oriented. No loud, partying Spring Breakers here!!
We appreciated the complimentary coffee in the lobby/eating area as well as the gift shop which provided us with toys for the kids to play with as well as aloe gel after getting burnt!! =)
Loved the location too..it's close to Pier Park where the shopping and restaurants are awesome!!
The only complaint that I have is a small one..there isn't much parking on beachside so at times I had to park across the street. Walking across Front Beach Road with two small children was a bit scary at times..especially since it was raining when we arrived and I had to do it in the pouring rain!! Most of the time we found a parking place beachside so it wasn't that much of an inconvenience.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here. We have officially found our place to stay in Panama City after years of searching!!!! Thanks to Palmetto for a wonderful visit..See you in the summer!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JTfan1
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I have never had this experience before, where other's reviews were so off-base.

We stayed two nights last week, and had what they call a "King Hotel" room on the fifth floor at the north end of the building. The not-so-clean room was tired, the tub did not drain while we showered, and the bed was terrible. The mattress was covered in plastic making it too hot and uncomfortable, even with a cloth mattress cover. Add to that, the sheets were the absolute cheapest I have EVER slept on and made the sleeping even more uncomfortable. The towels in the bath, again, were the thinest - cheapest stuff available and could not be worth less if they tried.

After the first night, housekeeping sort-of made the bed but didn't bother with trying to clean the bathroom. The floor remained dirty as well.

Parking is also an issue, with only a few spaces available on the beach-side and a much bigger open parking lot across the street. The problem there? There is no crosswalk and/or walkway - just take your chances crossing the very busy Front Beach Road.

For as much as this place charges and as "new" as it is supposed to be, I could not recommend this place to anyone who values a decent place to sleep and shower on the beach.

Did we complain about any of this stuff? No - we shouldn't have to worry with how the tub drains or whether or not the bed is comfortable or the linens are actually usable. To me, all that stuff is a given, based on the implied contract of renting a room.

I'm sorry, but maybe my expectations were set too high - based on the glowing (and now questionable) reviews others have left for this place.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank burtk
Trikki, Owner at Palmetto Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2009

I am very sorry to hear about your experiences at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for these experiences that did not meet your expectations. We always appreciate the time that each guest takes to leave a review, positive or negative, and take each review very seriously. However, I would like to comment on the issues you wrote about in your review. 1.) I can honestly say in the two and a half years that we have been open we have NEVER had a complaint on a room not being clean upon check in. That is one of the main things our guests rave about. 2.) The plastic cover is put on the mattress for two reasons - to protect the mattress from spills, accidents, wet bathing suits, etc. and also to protect the guest. Surely you can see our desire in wanting to protect the mattress and our guests. A simple phone call to the front desk and we would have been more than happy to have housekeeping remove the cover for you if you found it that uncomfortable. 3.) As for the tub draining slowly - i do apologize for this inconvenience. Again, a simple phone call to the front desk and we would have been more than happy to send maintenance to your room to rectify the problem. I do have an issue with the fact that you did not bring any of these issues to management's attention because you think it is a "given based on the implied contract of the room". Our entire staff - housekeeping, maintenance & front desk - is always willing to go above and beyond to make sure our guest’s stay is a pleasant one. But you have to understand, we are operating a 122 unit hotel - maintenance issues are going to happen. I'm almost positive that you won't be able to find a hotel that doesn't have any maintenance issues. 4.) I'm sorry you felt the sheets and towels were of poor quality but I can assure you they are not the cheapest out there. I will however bring this to our housekeepers attention to make sure they dispose of towels that are becoming too thin. 5.) Yes, parking is limited on the beachside but we do offer two additional parking lots. I'm sorry you felt it was an inconvenience to walk across a two lane street, which does have a crosswalk sign by the way. I would love to have enough parking spaces for everyone on the beachside but it's simply not possible. You'll find most hotels that are located on Front Beach Road have limited parking due to the size of the property.

I'm really disappointed that you feel you cannot recommend our hotel to anyone and think these reveiws are questionable. But over 100 of our past guests have taken the time to leave wonderful reveiws for our property so I think that speaks volumes. We take a negative review to our hotel very seriously especially when we weren't given the chance to offer any solutions to the problems. We have owned this hotel for the past 30 years. It is family owned and operated and we take great pride in our property and how we run our business. We have a great deal of repeat business with families that have been staying here for over 35 years! We are sorry that you did not have pleasant experience here at our hotel. We do understand that you simply cannot please everyone and hope that you find a hotel that better suits your vacation desires.

Management, Palmetto Inn & Suites