“Another Great Week at the Palmetto”

Palmetto Inn & Suites
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed November 23, 2008

Thanks Darlene, Rick and Patti for another wonderful week at the beach! The Palmetto is my home away from home and I can hardly wait to come back next year.

The Palmetto has all the amenities of some of the condo resorts but they don't have that family atmosphere that you get at The Palmetto. Beautifully-decorated rooms at great rates. The fitness room is very nice also.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank luvthebeach

Reviewed November 9, 2008

I stayed at the palmetto from august 17-21-2008. I always wanted to write a review because I know how important it is for parents to stay in a place where the kids are safe. I was about to rent a condo until I decided to check reviews in trip advisor. I am very glad I did. The place I was about to rent is not well ranked. I looked for the best place in Panama City...and I founded it!!!!! The Palmetto Inn....beautiful place!!! We rented a queen suite beach front. The place is very clean. The kitchen has everything you need. You can just open the kitchen door and see the ocean in front of you. Nice pool with a gorgeous view of the ocean, jacuzzi in front of the beach as well, grills, close to a Winn Dixie. In our stay we just went out the last night...and that was enough, we just wanted to enjoy the peace and the relax of this place...it really is a paradise. No noises, which is great for me. My 4 year old girl made a good friend while in the pool. I highly recommend this place for all families. I would not be spending my time writing this review if I were not very impressed with this place. Check their web site for specials. I got a great one!!!
ohhh!!! before I forget...read the reviews at trip advisor.....if so many people complain about a place...believe them....and be careful where you stay...Panama City has so many bad places to stay, specially if you have young kids. If you see, the Palmetto has just a very few negative reviews if you compare it with other places. Moreover, every time there is a complain about them, the owners respond to it and apologize, which I think it is a very nice thing.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank lookingforvacation
Reviewed October 22, 2008

Five Star quality for half the price.
No problems with our 3 night stay.
Recommend 4th floor or higher for great views and less noise from the pool area and highway.
All front doors open to the road and back doors open to a balcony and beach view.
Rooms are large and clean with recent upgrades.
Housekeeping will come in each day or not depending on your instructions.
Staff was super. Free coffee and paper in the lobby each morning.
The only issue is the lack of parking between the road and the beach where the tower buiding is. The hotel owns property across the road with extra parking and old fashion motel rooms.
This is a common issue with hotels west of the strip area.
The hotel is aprox 2 miles west of the new Pier Park shopping center and 3 miles from the crowded strip action.
Since most of the old hotels and motels are gone from Thomas Drive, this will be our new destination when we return to Panama City.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skychief2001
Reviewed October 13, 2008

We stayed at the Palmetto Inn and Suites for the Music, Seafood and Wine Festival. I called at the last minute and was able to get reservations. The staff was very friendly. We had a queen suite and I must say that the suite was probably the cleanest hotel room I have ever stayed in. It even smelled clean. It is a perfect location on the beach with a great pool and jacuzzi. It is also very close to the new Pier Park shopping and entertainment area. I would highly recommend the Palmetto and will be staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brendansmon
Reviewed October 2, 2008

From the moment we arrived, we received nothing but kindness and consideration. We had such a long drive before reaching the Palmetto at 11 am. we were really exhausted but check in wasn't suppose to be until 3 or 4pm. I decided to go and see if we could at least go ahead and pay for the room then venture out to the beach to start relaxing. The front desk clerk checked and said our room was ready and we could go ahead up to our rooms. I just about fainted because I've never had a hotel let us check in that early. We had conversations with most of the employes through out our stay and all went way above to be kind and friendly. The owner also helped us map our way home (Alabama) so we didn't get lost again. The rooms were very clean, no odors, roomy and a beautiful view. The property was kept up nicely and pool area kept clean. It was nice to be treated like they really cared about your stay. Everything about it was just perfect. Thank you for the wonderful experience and if we ever vacation PCB again we will be staying with Palmetto. I have definately recommended your hotel to my coworkers.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank luv2travellots
Reviewed September 12, 2008

Me & my family stayed here for 4 nights in July and the stay was just prefect! The rooms were very clean as were the bathrooms. The lobby and whole facility was great, we loved the pools. The pool area was clean and had lots of lounge chairs. There was a kiddie pool that my kids loved. I took a picture from our balcony for you to see. The beach was great, I highly recommend this hotel. Friendly service, just an all round great experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Very Nice Place. The room was clean with a nice Gulf front Balcony. Good outdoor pool and hottub. Olsohas a indoor pool across the road. You may have to park across the road but that
is no big problem. If I ever decide to vacation in panama city beach again I will stay here

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family