Palmetto Inn & Suites
$202
Country Inn
$237
HolidayInn.com
Beachcomber By The Sea(Panama City Beach)
$135
Bikini Beach Resort(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
$169
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$135
Comfort Suites Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$115
ComfortSuites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City Beach Pier Park(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$109
$98
Beachside Resort Panama City Beach(Panama City Beach)(Great Value!)
$219
Chateau Motel(Panama City Beach)
$159
  • Pool
All reviewsbeach sideacross the streetdeluxe queen suitehot tubqueen efficiencywinn dixiesnow conesindoor poolfamily owned hotelfull kitchenpanama citya great place to staybeautiful beachrooms were very cleandefinitely stay here againshort drivespring break
Reviewed August 1, 2008

Spent a week at the Palmetto again this year and was once again very pleased. The staff are still friendly and work very hard to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay. Due to the red flags this time we spent a lot of time in the outdoor pool and had a great time. Still very clean and well mantained. The best place in PCB for families.

Reviewed July 31, 2008

Called tonight, 7/31, to book Friday and Saturday nights. I spoke with Cammie, twice. The first time she gave me great information, told her I would call back after discussing with my husband. When I called back to make the reservation the system was down for a little bit so I told her I would try back in 1/2 hour. Called back later, Cammie's gone, got someone else that is now telling me I cannot stay less than three nights! What gives??

WHY is there SO much MISCOMMUNICATION in the world?????

Now I will go somewhere else & give them my money. Your loss!! I've stayed here once before and had an okay experience. Nothing horrible but nothing to write home about either!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BamaBeachBum9630
palmettobug75, Owner at Palmetto Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2008

BamaBeachBum,

If you visit Panama City Beach during June, July or the beginning of August, you will find that most hotels on the beach have a 3 night minimum. These are the busiest months of the year for our industry. That having been said, our hotel does take reservations for two nights idepending on availability, as was the case when you spoke with Kami. Our night security guard comes on shift after Kami which is around 11pm. His main responsibility is to make sure the property is safe for our guests, not to take reservations. So yes, there was a miscommunication on our part which I do apologize for. However, it is my understanding that you called back the next morning and spoke with Pattie, who explained the miscommunication and informed you that we were taking two night reservations for that weekend. Instead of making the reservation at that time you chose to leave a negative review about our hotel on TripAdvisor. We do apologize for the miscommunication in the beginning but I do not think it warrants a negative review on this website. Miscommunication does happen in the hospitality industry - with a little understanding this problem could have been resolved.

Reviewed July 29, 2008

The thing that stood out to us is the fact that it is EVIDENT this hotel/inn is family owned and operated! Such a welcome change from the corporate chain hotels/motels. They have owned this property for 50+ years and are not afraid to update the facilities. This is the second or third completely renovated new building since the late 1940s.
We did not have reservations when we arrived in Panama City Beach, FL and actually another hotel that was full referred us to the Palmetto. We found the new building extremely clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful, and free internet was available in every room. Although the only room we could get was across the street from the beach, it was very quiet and comfortable and had an indoor pool right in front of it. We noticed the cleaning staff was different from your typical hotel/motel chains because they seemed to be local middle class moms, etc., i.e., the neighbor next door, who really cared to make our stay comfortable! And they did not stick those annoying envelopes in your room requesting a tip for their services, which we appreciated! We only paid $95 per night for a king bed and the staff told us they are going to run an internet special in August with fabulous rates on rooms and suites! The pool and deck area and the beach was immaculate. When we come back, we want to stay on the beach side.

I can't say enough about the attention to detail here. We saw the owner/operator making coffee for the patrons and wiping up some counter spills and always inquiring if there was anything that was needed.

Thank you, Palmetto!

1  Thank cburn
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We recently visited Panama City since the rebuilding after the storms.We located the Palmetto Inn & Suites after a long ride, the staff members were so pleasant even the maid service was wonderful. We had plenty of space in the rooms and the bathrooms were spacious and clean this was a wonderful experience for my family.

1  Thank tiptot73
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We loved this hotel. It was fairly new and right on the beach. Everything was very clean and stayed clean the whole time we were there. The area seemed very safe. They kept their guests informed over the water conditions, riptides, storm warnings, etc. Everyone was very quiet and low key. Great for families. There was no loud behavior of drinking, etc. from other people in this area. It was just over a mile to Margaritaville and the new Pier Park area, and many other places, yet far enough away to not have the crowds to deal with at the hotel. I would definitely stay here again if I get to take another vacation! Great value for money!

1  Thank beachwaves1212