“Love this place!”

Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Panama City Beach, Florida
“Love this place!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

This is our second time staying here and this will be the place we stay everytime we come. It is a beautiful place right on the beach. We love to walk out on the balcony and just watch the waves. It has a wonderful pool area with a big pool, kid pool and a hot tub. Two different covered areas for cooking out and plenty of lounge chairs. Clean rooms and friendly service make this a great place.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I found the Palmetto by reading through TripAdvisor reviews, so I felt it necessary to write my own! My young daughter and I are here for a long weekend during her Spring Break. I was thinking Destin, but she wanted all the attractions, like Ripley's, here in Panama City. I was weary because I used to be one of those crazy Spring Breakers in Panama City, and I knew it could get quite innapropriate for a preteen. :) The Palmetto is perfect. We are away from the craziness, but we are still within a very short drive to all the attractions for families and the wonderful seafood restaurants. We got the King Efficiency with a full kitchenette and it's perfect. It is extremely clean - and I am a hotel snob - I'm picky. I was a little worried not staying in a nice, brand name hotel. This is a non-smoking hotel and I love that. There are NO weird smells in our room. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are a lot of families - this is a perfect family hotel for people with kids! The views are amazing and the pool is clean. There is a Winn-Dixie right across the street. I am going to be honest in that I was a little worried driving down here wondering what this hotel would be like because I would usually do something like the Hilton in SanDestin. This place is great! The price is perfect, especially for just a three night long weekend! I didn't want to pay a large price for a long weekend not too far from home. I WILL stay here again. We just found our new "long weekend" destination! P.S. Our room even smells better than some of the more expensive places I stay. VERY impressed.

7 Thank AtlJennB
Reviewed April 3, 2012

This is our 2nd year coming here. We just love the fact every room overlooks the gulf. The staff is super friendly and courteous. The attention to every detail is one if the best I've experienced. Well worth the room rate.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank Stevepostma
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2012

With many years of business travel, I have never been moved to write a review. I just returned from a night at the Palmetto. I was riding my bicycle through, so was a 'high maintenance' customer. These folks went out of their way to make my stay great. My room was complete with all the amenities of a working kitchen, with a view to the beautiful Panana City Beach. Accomodating and gracious. I would highly recommend The Palmetto, especially great for families. Very Clean & comfortable...... with a Staff, that to a person, was helpful and warm.

2 Thank Ivy B
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The palmetto was a wonderful place to stay. I would highly recommend this place for families. It's relaxing and I stayed on the top floor beach front and the view was so pretty. It's a good location and friendly staff! We also had the room with a kitchenette and we loved that also.

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank JeremyandBrooke
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 22, 2012

You can do better.

On the second morning of our three night stay, we complained about smoke coming in from next door both days at 7 AM.

In response, the overzealous manager came INTO our room while I was showering, and searched the place to see if we had drugs or something. Then, 10 minutes later, she returned, and I had to run back into the bathroom while my wife dealt with her again.

The next morning there was a 10:30 AM checkout, and a maid BANGED on the door as loud as she could at 10:20 even though we had a do no disturb.

Getting a taxi is a 2.5 hour wait, and they charged us about $20 to go a mile, so I'd stay at the Windham or someplace closer to PCB action -- and AVOID this overpriced hassle.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank travelinabq
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Sooooo nice!! View of the beach is fabulous! Really clean rooms and the staff is very accomodating and friendly. Overall, I had a really wonderful time. It was a really fun Thanksgiving Break!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family