“stayed here about 4 yrs ago”
Review of Palm Grove

Palm Grove
Ranked #40 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed July 18, 2013

me and family stayed at peeks about 4 yrs ago in the 3 bed room apt.we loved it ,the staff was very friendly and the room was clean I have not one complaint,as of a matter of fact we have reserve for this aug .2013 we cant wait to go back it reminds meof when my mom and dad use to take us as kids and we would stay in the mom and pop motels .
but let me just say its not the Hilton and it not a dump either but if your looking for a nice place I would stay here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Palm Grove

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Peek's Motel is now Palm Grove Motel taken over recently by SeaHaven. The room we had was oceanview/oceanfront, but the smell was horrible and the roaches were visible. The previous people had left a sea creature in the room and when you walked in, the smell was still there. Their solution to the smell, they gave us deodorizer to spray. Why they would even let someone else rent the room is beyond me. Thankfully they were gracious enough to offer us another room at another of their hotels, but it was a smoking room. They refunded us our money, but it was not acceptable at all.

Room Tip: Just go to Destin, beach is prettier and hotels are nicer!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Veronica469
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was a terrible place to stay. the hot water heater fried and water was all over the floor and the air conditioner in one of the rooms leaked and smelt awful!! No room service what so ever and no hot water from the day we checked in til we left! The floor was nasty and left your feet black! Worst stay in pcb yet! I would not recommend anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Kayla J
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Palm Grove is probably a partner of Seahaven Beach Hotel. If Seahaven ever send you to Palm Grove motel because of no vacancies, you better run like hell. This place, Palm Grove, is nowhere near a hotel standard. Here is my detail description:
1. The bathroom is narrow, dirty, improper upkeep.
2. The Floor is wet, black, and musty smell
3. The bed is uneven, unclean sheet, and roach infestation
4. T.V and furniture are probably salvage from Good Will or something.
5. The fridge has used up or expire food smell, and does not keep the food cool.

If you ever heard of "Palm Grove motel", don't even consider staying at this place. You can stay at your own risk. We were the unlucky group to stay at this place for one night but never ever ever again return to this place. Mark my words people...STAY THE HELL AWAY!!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Qui H
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I really liked this motel... It had it's downfalls but they all do.... I like the privcy and I love the pools.... the kiddy pool was shaddy for the little ones. Our room was nice and clean! I did not like the air though, it was loud and didn't cool as well as I would have hoped... but I could live with that. We also had to get our own towels and had no phone in our room to call the office.... but again liveable! I really loved our stay there and would recommend it to everyone! The rooms with the kitchen (which we had) was alot nicer for only $10.00 more a night! I loved that it was easy access to the beach, and shopping is accross the road! If we ever go back to pcb I will be staying here!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms with two bed divided by kitchen is alot nicer then the standard rooms for $10.00 more a night...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Michele C
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Peeks Motel the first week of March 2012. They requested a $250 CASH deposit for security of room. At the end of our stay all checked out great and we were told that we would get a refund of $225 and it would be in my account within 5-7 days. We have contacted them on numerous occasions. They have never returned one call and to date (6/1/12) we have not received the CASH deposit. I have since understood that is a constant practice.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank JJ H
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We got a room on one day notice. The staff were very nice. There was easy access to the beach. It looked like it could be really nice if fixed up. But the room was just really old and had no amenities at all - not even a remote for the tiny TV. I imagine it would be a room for a party-goer who's too drunk care. For us it served it's purpose as a place to put our things, shower and sleep a few hours before going to the beach. It was not very clean, but I wasn't afraid to use the bed and shower. It was adequate for our needs.

Room Tip: They said they do not specify smoking or non smoking but the room smelled good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple