New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #14 of 46 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Lancaster, va
“Terrible Sleep Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel is much like other La Quinta's we have stayed at with one major exception. They have high intensity, bright lights on high poles surrounding the hotel that bathe the entire facade with light. Problem is that it put so much light into our room it was like going to bed with a 1000 watt halogen light bulb that cannot be blocked or shut off. Called the front desk. They said to pull the drapes but the drapes are only stationary decorative panels that do not move.

One more criticism, after drinking the watered down orange juice (it tasted like orangeade) we went across the street and ate at Burger King.

Except for the light problem the staff was very helpful on other matters, especially Bill. Nevertheless, we would not stay here again even if the room was no charge.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Ft Lauderdale Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel is the best value in Panama City Florida. Located in Panama City Beach, it is just a few minutes drive from Panama City Beach. I booked a King Suite, a very large room with sitting area that included a couch and two club chairs. There is also a desk dividing the sitting area with the Bed, a comfortable King size bed. The bathroom is ample and the room was very clean. The only complaint of the room is that the club chiars were a little old, other than that it was great. The value comes in two forms, the price, which was about 89.00 dollars per night and the fact that they were dog friendly, no extra deposits or fees. Also there is free in-room wifi. There is an ample free breakfast bar that includes waffles, eggs, suasage, cereal and coffee. The staff was extremely friendly and accomodating, I made my reservations through hotels.com but made them for the wrong weekend, they were helpful and accomodated me with a room immediately. I made the trip to visit my daughter and this will be my hotel of choice when I return there.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DonnaJohnChelemBeach
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here because our son was playing in a college baseball tournament. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and roomy. We stayed on the first floor which I was a little hesitant about due to the fear of it being too noisy...but we didn't hear anything. They have breakfast (we didn't eat) but it looked like a good selection...what you would expect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Stayed just one night here, however it was a great stay. First of all, Sean at the front desk, greeted me by name when I walked in the front door! We were checking in early, he said no problem. When I gave him my loyalty card he stated he would give us a better rate, and then when I mentioned my son-in-law was in the military (and staying with us) he added that discount too! There were 5 adults and two pets with us and Sean suggested we might want to do a suite instead of a room with 2 double beds to give us more room. The suite was only $10 more (still less than what I had expected to pay). It was very nice to have the extra room of the suite. He also gave us a room right next to the stairs and exit for the pet relief area which was VERY NICE! All the other staff we encountered were very friendly too, true "southern hospitality". We will DEFINITELY stay here again on any of our returning trips to Panama City Beach. Location was not on the beach but very close to drive to and lots of parking at Pier Point with beach access.

Room Tip: If traveling with a pet request a room close to the pet grassy area.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bobijo4
Niskayuna, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for a friend's retirement from the Navy. Across the street from the Naval Station, so perfect for that. I made the reservation through Southwest.com and I when I got there - the hotel didn't have it. But, they had a room so I took that. Had to go to front desk in the morning to get the next night. Then, when I got my credit card bill a few weeks later they had charged 3 nights. A phone call to the front desk manager took care of it.

Nothing fancy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Absolutely perfect stay. Clean,pretty,nice staff, great location, perfect. Quick and easy check in and out..............................................I needed 200 characters so I guess that I must still write something/nothing!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family