“Great Pool”

Shores of Panama Resort
Kentucky
“Great Pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2bath condo on the 17th floor. We were ocean front but more center of the pool view. You would have to be on one of the outside corners to be perfectly ocean front at this resort. The condo's pool is huge with plenty of room to roam. Also the resorts pool area is tastefully decorated with beautiful palms and you get a total sense of relaxation. Our room was very spacious and felt like home. Definitely would stay here again. Furniture was in great condition with beautifully tiled floor throughout the condo.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
tennesse
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

Ok I'm the one who left the "we shall see" review. We'll were here and have not had any problems. Apparently the loud,getto,ppl here sat night had already checked out Sunday morning, thank god. That was the first thing hubby asked when we got here and he replied ya they checked out, today should be better. So we decided too stay. Our room was very nice, clean and roomy, no complaints. The pools are beautiful but too cold to get into at this time. I've only seen the lil ones in their. The beach is warmer then the pools but still really cold right now. The only issue I have is by the elevators it smells like pee, gross they need tho put some bleach down and spray the floors. Their still is allot of college/high schoolers partying on the beach this week with mixed in familys but their really not a problem, we just had never been here during their spring break. All in all we would stay here again. Hope this helps. Oh and we are right next door to Pineapple Willys.

3 Thank sloera
Fishers, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Where should I begin? My husband and I travel a lot and love to use trip advisor as a way to tell if what you booked is actually what you going to get.... I have to say this is the first time I overlooked bad reviews and kept our reservation. After reading the bad reviews I even called reservations and spoke to them personally, the "liar" said oh no mam you will have absolutely no problem with this room the one you booked is owned by a block of units that were bought by the Shores of Panama and they are beautiful.
The only thing beautiful was the view absolutely yes it is too bad that whoever owns this unit thinks it is acceptable to present to a guest a condo in this condition (look at the photos I took and you will understand)
After being given our room keys we were presented with a "damage" checklist for us to fill out should we noticed any damages upon arrival well yes while that's a good thing to protect the consumer but as a guest who has just left a frozen tundra and so happy to be on a warm beach spending quality time with my family oh no wait I can't I'm up here in this hole of a condo making a list of damages that took me an hr to complete!!! Really?? It is my understanding that whoever stayed here before us filled out a damage waiver so why am I filling this out too?? Let the pictures of unit 1231 speak for themselves. This property also rents to underage college students that get wasted and vomit in the halls.. ( a disgusting red pile of chunky vomit sat on our hall not one not two but our whole 5 DAY stay!!!! I would never stay at a property that rents to this type of crowd just to make money. We never felt welcomed as guests only prisoners as the arm band nazis made sure you weren't getting anywhere unless you had it on!!!
Please take this review and think before your spend your money and TIME 2 things you can't get back!! On a last note when I turned in my "damage sheet" within the 2 hr time frame of check in (total waste of my first 2 hrs of MY vacation) the rude arrogant guy who is probably so used to hearing the same complaints read over my damage sheet and said is there any thing else you need from me? Ummm I'm sorry what?? I am a GUEST at your "resort" you should be apologizing for this disgusting patched up money pit!!! NEVER ever will we ever spend our money here!!!!
After being asked to take all the bedding off at the end of our stay I was HORRIFIED at gross large red brown stains the size of a persons buttocks on our master bedroom mattress!!!

12 Thank Islandgrl000

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

never again will me or any of my friends that went stay at this place the employees are rude and not helpful the room itself was actually nice but for what we paid the overall place was horrible we had 4 phones in our 2 bedroom condo and NONE of them worked when we went to check out the person at the front desk said you know you can call down and we could have sent someone up to inspect and i kindly told her we would have IF the phone would have worked VERY little toilet paper and towels check out was at 10 i went to the front desk to tell them we was ready and 2 1\2 hours later we was finally leaving after we called off our cell phones 3 times for the inspector to come up ended up having to take the stairs alot(we was on the 15th floor) because the elevators took forever and was just plain nasty and the wind blew old food on our floor outside our door and was left there for days I understand them not wanting guests at night but even during the day they were way too strict our room was in a CORNER and after our almost 2 hour check in adventure it took us forever to find it just a terrible place in general and as I can tell alot of others had complaints from last week too

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank erin d
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We read the poor reviews before coming but hoped for the best given we were somewhat committed.

The place is exactly as bad as the reviews say. It's dirty. The elevators smell and are epically slow. Leaving the parking garage takes at least 30 mins. The rooms are fair to poor.

Guests are allowed to play loud music and yell continuously from their balcony. When asked to quiet the noise, the front sealed quoted that quiet hours didn't start til 10. Guess there is difference from being quiet and playing music off your balcony.

This place has no redeeming quality except the pool is pretty but definitely a failure until some quality management company is brought in.

We've stayed at Aqua and Splash. They were both 10 times better.

Please don't make our mistake.

4 Thank Landlouver
Florence, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

The employees are such jerks. The room was filthy and didn't even have toilet paper. There were dishes caked with food in the dish washer when we first got there. The hotel is crazy about wrist bands to get into the pool that cost $100. No guests are allowed anywhere in the hotel. I will never stay here again.

9 Thank alove47
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

I have been traveling to PCB for many years and have stayed at a handful of condos down there. I have been excited to stay at Shores of Panama since it opened. Now that I have stayed here, I totally regret it. First off, as others have stated, the place was a dump! I can not believe that this place is less than 10 years old and is in the condition it is in. The elevators on the west end were atrocious. Since it was Spring Break, I understand the kids trashing it, however, I reported that someone urinated in the elevator and it was not taken care of immediately. Hours later the puddle and stench were still there. speaking of urination, I also reported that someone had urinated on the 12 floor outside of the elevator on Tuesday. As of Saturday when we left, it was still there. On Thursday one of the cleaning staff walked right past it with her mop bucket. You can not tell me she did not smell it. This was not my first time in PCB for Spring Break, but it definitely was the least enjoyable. I think Shores should not market to the Spring Breakers since they trashed the place, and their cleaning staff is not able to keep up with the cleaning of the "resort".
Since I rented from a private owner, I was aware of the amenities fee. However, Shores changed their March policy a week before I got down there. I was told it would be 73 dollars for the week and got an email stating the policy change and now Shores was charging 25 a day for March. Way to nickel and dime people. They state that it is compable to resort fees, but I have stayed at resorts and never had to pay extra on top of what I already pay, plus due to the weather, the Dj they are touting didn't even play on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. The pool and deck are nice, but don't nickel and dime people. One last thing, the pool and deck area were not kept clean, which was common of the whole place. My first trip to Shores will be my last.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Laura W
James A, General Manager at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback from your recent visit. As you have indicated that you rented from a private owner, I’m unable to speak to the conditions of your lodgings or elevators as our guests are in different areas. I’m sorry that you disagree with the amenity fees. Again, our guests have those included in their price. Based upon the amazing amenities (300,000 gallon lagoon pool, gym, spa, outdoor 25 person hot tub, indoor heated pool, indoor hot tub plus 13,000 square foot pool deck) I do feel that a daily fee is warranted though the fee is not mandatory if you’re not wishing to use them. Regarding the Club Lavela DJ’s, as it is a pool party, it is weather dependent. You are correct that there were no performances on those three days as it rained all day.

James E. Ayres