“It's cold in Kentucky and I am missing Panama City Beach Again”

Shores of Panama Resort
“It's cold in Kentucky and I am missing Panama City Beach Again”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

I am writing again to put you guys on notice that we are close to coming back down and we liked room 315 however we would like to be higher up this time.
We stayed 15 days back in July and would have stayed longer but school waits for no one.
We will bring a new addition to our family this year, five kids will enjoy the Shores of Panama,sure hope we have the energy to run after the kiddos.
It is turning cold here, I was looking at web cams around the area and re water looks great, sun is our, beaches are vacant, I am 53 and retired, I should run away and come that way.
My wife would kill me, our baby is due anytime. I am rambling missing you guys, you all made our vacation great. We stay at different places in the past, we now call Shores of Panama our home away from home. We will be back soon, actually we shall see ya in June and July I think.
God Bless

• Stayed July 2013
Tom D, VP Of perations Emerald View Resorts at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for writing such a nice review. It's warm in Panama City Beach and time to get away from the cold and snow. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Shores of Panama and look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Jasper, Tennessee
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the shores of Panama Resort and Spa the second week of October. When we first walked into the room we could tell it was clean, but there was a blown light in the bathroom and the cover for the kitchen light looked like it wasn't attached all the way. My kids also came across two spiders in the room, we never seen another insect in the room that week. Other than those concerns I was relatively pleased with the room. Also It being our first time staying there I didn't feel like we were informed enough about the events and kid activities going on around the resort the week of our stay. Workers, I thought could have been a little more courteous, especially when there were several people upset due to the fact that on a couple occasions that I know of there was only one elevator in service. A 30 minute wait for an elevator isn't fun while you're on vacation. Down at the beach the water was absolutely beautiful while we were there. The beach unfortunately looked like it was being a little neglected. First day down at the beach my son about stepped onto a piece of broken beer bottle. You would come across some spots were people left some trash or would use the beach as their ashtray, but overall the beach wasn't that bad. The guys renting chairs were in no shape, form, or fashion, nice or pleasant. They acted like you were a nuisance for coming to them. So overall I would go back to PCB I would however, due to my experience look somewhere else to stay. Also I would definitely BRING MY OWN CHAIRS!

• Stayed October 2013
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Resorts at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I am sorry that you experienced issues while staying with us at Shores of Panama. I will look into this and get them corrected. I will speak with the owner of the beach chair rental also. We do strive to exceed our guest expectations from the time they arrive until their departure. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity to improve your guest experience with us. If you do please contact me directly at 850-249-1244 ext. 2 and ask for Tom
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We rented through the owner when we arrived on saturday the a/c was broken in our condo and did not get fixed till monday. The elevators are a complete disaster and we ended up taking the stairs more than half time. I was most dissapointed about having to pay to use the pools I have never stayed in a place where you had to pay to use the amenities especially when paying so much to rent a condo for a week. I would not stay here again because of this.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tina E
I am sorry that you encountered issues with the elevators. We are currently having them worked on to help correct this issue. I do hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to improve your guest experience. If you do please call me direct at 850-249-1244 ext. 2 and ask for Tom
Killen, Alabama
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

We rented directly from the owner, and we were very pleased with the condo. The entire development had a lot of outstanding features, including an incredible pool and fitness center. Very easy access to the beach. Nice parking garage adjacent to the main building, but I'll bet things get real tight during busy times. Location was hard to beat, next to great restaurants and shopping. Only drawback was the elevators, which were out of order from time to time. Overall, can't imagine a better place to stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tabatc
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Management at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and are glad you enjoyed your vacation. We hope to see you return in the future..
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and another couple stayed at Shores of Panama for one week and it was more than we expected!!! I was a little skeptical because of all the bad reviews but we had an amazing time! We did rent thru vrbo.com which I belive is the only way to go!! Even though it rained the first few days we were there, we didn't let it ruin our vacation. The pool and hot tub were out of this world!! Staff was very friendly and security was always out checking on everyone. One night they even had a bigscreen TV (and I mean BIG!!) playing one of the baseball games. Just an overall GREAT time and we cannot wait to go back!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a great view, get one of the rooms on the front of the condo. Elevators can be a little...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and look forward to your return in the future.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a great location on the Beach as well as nearby excursions of all sorts. The pool is AWESOME and beach access is great! There are beach chairs with umbrellas outside that are available for daily rental.

The workout facilities are also very nice...not to mention it is a beautiful run to the County pier and back during low tide in the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and hope that you will return in the future.
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We spent hours on vrbo trying to find the perfect condo, and we did 711! We rented direct from the owner and they were super nice! The awesome thing about this unit was it had private parking spot just for us on same level as unit and just literally around the corner so we never had to wait on elevators! The furniture was in excellent condition and the view was amazing! The complex was in great shape, elevators super fast/easy, pool was incredible and everyone we ran across working at complex so kind! We will recommend this complex and will be going back to 711 thru vrbo.

Room Tip: Make sure that - 1) You rent a unit with a parking spot on same floor as unit 2) Most units don'...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Resorts at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write this nice review. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation at Shores of Panama and look forward to your return in the future.