“nice pool condo need inprovment”

Shores of Panama Resort
Chicago, Illinois
“nice pool condo need inprovment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

very nice pool ,staff and view but condo need improvement-dirty carpet and old furniture. but overall was nice experience.

• Liked — pool,nice view and location ,location ,location
  • Disliked — carpet
  • Stayed September 2013
1 Thank wrozka
Tom D, VP of Operations Emerald View Management at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for providing us your feedback. We do strive to exceed our guest expectations from the time they arrive to their departure. If you would take a minute and give me a call to let me know what unit you stayed in I’d truly appreciate it. Phone number 850-249-1244 then press two

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

My friend and I had a great experience as soon as we walked in the door. We were greeted by Wanda at the front desk, she was friendly and helpful. We spent everyday by the pool or beach - both of which were very clean. The food at the bar and grill at the pool was excellent. The room was clean, in fact, the whole building was clean.
The security working was also friendly and helpful, always giving us advice and directions when asking for where to go In Panama City Beach.
We saw a lot of families, it seems like a great place to bring your family or purchase a condo!
The night before we left we visited with Richard from Emerald View Management at the front desk. I could tell that he takes a lot of pride in his business - I work in the hospitality industry as well and can know quality when I see it.
I Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed September 2013
Tom D, VP of Operations at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write this nice review. We know that you have a lot of resorts to choose from and appreciate that you chose to stay at Shores. We’re glad that you enjoyed your vacation and look forward to you returning in the future.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed at Shores of Panama CityFl. rm 2013....was very nice was on 20th floor overlooking pool had ocean view,the only thing I missed was not being able to see sun rise and set from our room which was horseshoe shaped,but had ocean and pool view so was no biggy..Room was clean furnished well carpet was a little dirty but hey its the beach...All in all loved it had a great time will be back..Thank you..

Room Tip: 2013 was good pool and ocean view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Tom D, VP of Operations at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your comments. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and are glad that you enjoyed your vacation. We look forward to you returning to stay with us in the future
Jackson, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was the first vacation my husband and I had planned since our honeymoon and the first for my 19 month old. My husband lost his job the first of the year and got lucky and found another one almost immediately so we decided to book a vacation early so that he could let his place know that we already had a vacation planned. So In March I booked directly from the Shores of Panama website (Oaseas). So on my original confirmation letter it stated that I would receive an email 7 days prior to my stay. I never received an e-mail and I decided to call and make sure everything was still set as I was leaving in 3.5 days from today mind you. Called several numbers (all disconnected), finally noticing that Shores of Panama formerly (Oaseas) website was now Emerald View. I called and even though the customer service gentleman I spoke with was very nice he was no help he informed me that Oaseas was gone and that if I was not notified (who decided who was notified and who was not?) that I no longer had a reservation and that I would not be refunded my money ($866.66,) but I could book another room with them and are offering people like me a discount ($836.44) a whole $30.22 and even though I expressed my gratitude for any type of discount I questioned the small amount he said Emerald View's rates are higher than Oaseas was, he also advised me to call my financial institute and try to dispute the charge or I could contact the local police as they were aware of this. I live in TN 10 hours away so even though I did fill out a report online this isn't going to help me short term. I called my financial institute and am told that they will only dispute a charge If it is within 60 days of the original charge. Obviously it was more than 60 days as when I originally booked I thought I was being smart by booking early. So now here I am 3.5 days before I "was" supposed to leave for my first family vacation and I have no where to stay and am out almost $900.00 and in order to go I have to come up with more money and who these days has that kind of money.

1 Thank Heather M
Heather, we are truly sorry to hear what happened to you with the reservation you made through Oaseas management. Our company has absolutely nothing to do with Oaseas but if you give me a call at 850-329-0447, I'll do everything possible to try and help you save your vacation.

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Somerville, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I researched this resort by websites and reviews and was very "iffy" on if we should book a condo here. Just a few days before our trip, Orbitz contacted us to say that it was shut down and they were offering us another room; however, the address was the same. So after several e-mails back and forth with Orbitz, we decided to take it due to the last min crunch and fear of having nowhere to stay. We were not disappointed in the least!! The room was great and also clean, mattresses on all beds were appropriate, the kitchen was well stocked with dishes, cooking utensils, and appliances. Plenty of sheets and towels, etc. We had a blast!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ALICIA S
Tom D, VP of Operations at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write the nice review. We strive to exceed our guest expectations and are glad you enjoyed your vacation. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and hope that you will return in the future
Webb City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was the second time we have stayed here. Both times it was a great experience. The pool is beautiful. The beach is crowded during the peak hours of the day. They do charge you a cleaning fee plus a fee if you want to use the pool.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and hope that you will return in the future.
West Point, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

My daughter booked this hotel on travelocity a couple days before we went down for the labor day weekend. It was one of the few that still had rooms available. She is under the impression that what she paid Travelocity took care of the room. Upon trying to check in the front desk told tell her that there is a $200 cleaning fee and $50 club membership due. Not a great way to start your vacation. We had some small problems with the room but that stuff can happen anywhere. The rooms were nice and clean and the hotel is well taken care of. What I didn't like was the shape of the hotel (obviously designed to maximize revenue) partially obscures the view and it also traps the noise from the pool area.Instead of hearing the calming waves your hearing the movie/music from the pool area. The shape also makes walking to the beach a bit longer. Not a bad place but I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are sorry that you had problems booking your reservation. In the future please call the property in advance to ensure that you have all the information needed prior to arriving and checking in. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.