“Disaster averted in Panama City Beach” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shores of Panama Resort

and 1 more site!
Shores of Panama Resort
Atlanta, GA
“Disaster averted in Panama City Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We originally booked Shores of Panama thru Expedia. Good location and good price offered. Management company handling rental was a now-defunct "Oaseas" resorts rentals. They apparently controlled a good number of condo properties in the PCB area. We were a little leery when we were directed to a rental office several miles from the beach for check-in. When we arrived (after a 6 hour drive) we found the rental office lock tight as a drum. Checking with a business next door we were told the company "Oaseas" was out of business. No the best of news after a 6 hour drive. We immediately called Expedia for assistance (while also trying to call the Shores condo front desk directly). After a delay of only a few minutes we were directed to drive directly to the property and we would be handled there. Expedia also advised us that if we were not handled appropriately, we were to call them back and they would re-book us at another location. When arriving at the Shores condo we were met with a very smiling, friendly, professional "Melissa" who reassured us and told us our reservations were secure thru them and she proceeded to coordinate via phone with Expedia. The coordination between Melissa (a manager for the new property managers, Emerald View) and Expedia was nothing short of flawless. Quick, reassuring and entirely professional. They apologized in behalf of the now defunct Oaseas Management team which had apparently skipped town and was being pursued by law enforcement and secured rooms for all in our party (4). Melissa and her desk-partner Donna could not have been more helpful. They offered to let us see several rooms wherein we could take our pick. They were also very helpful with restaurant suggestions, etc. Considering how disastrous this visit could have been. Emerald View Management took the reins and turned a possible disaster into an exceptionally pleasant experience. We could not have been more pleased. Thanks again Melissa and Donna!!!! Our appreciation also to Expedia for bending over backwards to make this problem go away to our satisfaction.

Room Tip: All rooms face the beach and pool
1 Thank GaryC54
Tom D, VP of Operations at Shores of Panama Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review. We do strive to exceed our guest expectation and hope that you will return in the future to stay with us again at the Shores of Panama!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had an awesome time. The room was more than we expected, the view was outstanding. The Staff were very helpful. Lots of activities for the kids. We had three children ranging in age from 13 to 7, and there was entertainment for all. We will be returning next year with more family. Beach access was very convenient as well. My children enjoyed movie night and the banana boats.

The Ivorys

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review. We know there are a lot of resorts for you to choose from and are glad that you chose to stay with us. We look forward to you returning in the future!
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here August 26-30th. Our rental was booked through VRBO by my aunt as a gift for our wedding. We loved the condo and its furnishings. The washer/dryer was very handy. Beach access was amazing and so close I couldn't believe it. The pool was wonderful. Wifi was not working unfortunately until the second to last day. Overall, we loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Thank you for taking time to write your review. We are glad you enjoyed your vacation and hope that you will return in the future.
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I feel unusually neutral about this place. It didn't totally suck, but I also wouldn't brag about it.

The unit was clean (except one clogged bathroom sink), but very basic. The mattresses were budget/dorm-room quality. I slept on a very stiff top bunk one night. Otherwise, I slept on the fold-out couch. This was miserable; the mattress was rather compressed, maybe 3 inches thick. This is ok if you are under the age of 10, but not anyone else. Certainly time for replacement. The side of my head was actually numb when I woke one morning.

On the 2nd day of my stay, many of the condo owners were returning for winter. This was awkward. Some were nice, some behaved as if they were doing the greater public a huge favor by renting their condos.

The staff was average. Some were helpful, yet aloof. Some stoically tolerated visitors. If my rating were based on staff friendliness alone - I would confidently rate this establishment a strong 1. However, the staff at the front desk were very friendly.

Otherwise, I enjoyed my time on the surprisingly clean beach. Most of the summer crowd had already left town, so there was a good amount of space to enjoy. The pool was very clean and chilly. I was not brave enough to try the hot tub; the rather small hot tub is right next to the bar and frequently filled with people that had "one too many" several drinks ago. If you plan to buy from the sno-cone/refreshment kiosk, it is cash only. Prices were dumbfounding - $4 for mediocre sno-cone.

This is my second visit to the area and both times, I left Panama City Beach with the impression that visitors are a tiring inconvenience. If I should one day return to Florida for summer vacation, I would very likely select a different city.

Room Tip: Avoid taking the hallway from the lobby to the outside elevators. The smell from the indoor pool, ai...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tayinnawin N
Thank you for providing us your feedback. I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about your stay if you will take a minute to give me a call, 850-329-0477. We do strive to provide a memorable vacation for our guest and hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
courtland, alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Everything from front desk to room was 5 star.
Pool was a 5 out of 5. Great.
The ONLY thing I wish was better was the tv package was offal. And for me tv is an important area of my vacation time. I had no menu of what was coming on. As I changed the channel it gave no indication of what station I was on or no name or information of what show was on. You guys need a direct tv package in the worst way. I'm guessing I was watching some sort of a cable tv package.No hbo or showtime fights on the weekend.
We stayed in condo #1223 and I have never been in a nicer place. The bed may have been the most comfortable I have ever layed on. When we were leaving as we took the sheets off we did see a blood stain that looked like someone was stabed on the bed. I let the lady at the desk know when we was checking out and maybe they took care of that. It was down toward the foot of the bed so it didnt bother me much. We stayed Aug 22, 23, and 24. It was real slow not a lot of people there which is just the way I like it. No elevator wait time, had an elevator with in seconds of pushing the button. Hot tub and pool wasnt full. It was an excellance time of year for me. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for providing us your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your vacation with us at Shores of Panama and hope that you will return in he future
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

I admit, i was scared to to stay here after reading others reviews from booking with oseas and others but our friends we shared the condo with had already booked it...We stayed August 10-17... couldn't have asked for a better time. We booked thru VRBO and stayed in unit 1503. We had little to no problems other than WiFi not working which was on building end and fairly new Samsung dryer in our unit stopped working for a few days (neither of which was really the owners fault. Condo had excellent furnishings, very comfortable beds, plenty of space for 4 adults and 6 kids, granite counter tops. Very nice.. Booking thru VRBO seems to be the way to go. The wrist band policy is really not as bad as people are making it to be so long as you know about it going in.. Had to have it to get into pool area and back from beach but the people watching gates never hassle you as others have stated. The pool is very nice and even had on one night a DJ, speakers and lights set up for a club type atmosphere. Then another night a dive in movie on a big screen for the kids.. People complain about the cost of a wrist band to use the amenities like the pool but they need to understand that this is a condo community not a resort hotel (even though it felt like it) so the pool and other amenities is run by a management company. and if you go with VRBO you deal directly with the owner if there is any issues and not some third party property management company. Plus with VRBO it was one flat charge per person per week for wrist band. Not per day like others are stating. Oh and there is a ton of units and only 6 elevators but the longest I waited was 5 minutes for one. I'm sure its probably a longer wait during spring break season but had no issue when we went. Overall it was an awesome stay and definitely will be back. Thanks

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank dlturner
Thank you for providing your feedback about the Shores of Panama. We appreciate that you chose to stay at the Shores and hope that you will return in the future.
lester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We just got back from our trip to Panama City. It was shorter than I would have liked but we had a great time. Richard with Emerald View Management was wonderful. If we needed anything all we had to do was ask Richard and it was taken care of. The Resort was beautiful and we will return again soon. Thanks Richard for making our stay such a fun time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for providing us your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your vacation and hope that you will return in the future.