“Family friendly!”

Splash Resort Condominiums Panama City Beach
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

This is a great hotels for families, nice rooms, nice pool area with a small water park for kids. Literally right on the beautiful beach. Nice arcade. In a great location, 2 miles to Pier Park, but not too close to crowded areas. Will defiantly be going back!

Stayed: May 2013
7  Thank Emily P

Reviewed November 10, 2013

We are In 804E. The unit was clean at first glance but my kids' feet are black from walking around inside. The paint is peeling from the walls and the unit is in need of a paint job; like the entire resort. To top things off, the water park attached to this "resort" is closed but there was no notification of that upon booking or arrival. The check in process was sketchy. Usually, the agent will give you directions but I was left on my own to figure it out. Lazy river was dirty and there is an obvious bird problem. We will find another place to stay since we will be visiting frequently!

• Stayed: November 2013
7  Thank Amanda S
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We love the Destin/PCB areas and had once stayed at the Splash just after it initially opened..... fast forward 6 years and my WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! paint was peeling off of the walls.... dents in the elevator doors .... scrungy carpet.... RUST EVERYWHERE... and then you get to the room.... nasty furniture paint coming off the ceiling... our door to the balcony had its handle completely broken off before we arrived and it was never fixed.... chipped plates ... etc... just really a resort that at one time was great but now is just value rated at best and if you get a bad condo could be your worst experience ever..... too many more places to stay at PCB .... WILL NOT be back ....

Room Tip: Dont.... just dont....
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Seymore B
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We rented unit 1702E in April 2013. The unit was dirty. The living room furniture was so bad that I would not allow my children to even sit on it. The fridge was filthy with sticky residue & the freezer/ice maker did not work. We were missing linens for king size bed & there were no linens at all for sofa bed (although no one wanted to sleep on it).

After numerous calls to customer service & lady we booked from, we finally got ahold of someone. We were told the fridge was brand new, never used......not. Someone came to fix it 2 days later.

We were given the linens we needed that night. Extras were given so we could cover & sit on the living room furniture.

The following day, the living room furniture was replaced.

We were assured this was an isolated incident & were offered a complimentary weekend at any condos booked through Panhandle Getaways this Fall. We were told just to let them know when we wanted to come & what condo.

Well, Fall is here & we have tried numerous times to contact the lady that made the offer. She has only replied once & that was to tell us that she couldn't accommodate us.

Needless to say our children were disappointed in April & are once again disappointed. We will never book anything at Splash, nor with Panhandle Getaways or Sterling Resorts.

It is odd that when you go to these websites, there are no reviews to read. Hmmmm......so I called Panhandle Getaway customer service to ask about this & was told to look at VRBO website. Of course, the unit we rented was not listed.

I tried to post a review on Sterling's website. I got an error message to "try again later"......maybe because I gave the a "1" rating instead of the "5" they obviously want people to see.

The following

Room Tip: Do not rent from Splash Resort.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
8  Thank Melanie R
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I am extremely allergic to animals & cigarette smoke. With condos, I know owners sometimes bring their pets even though all units are advertised smoke & pet free. Heather, a desk clerk for Sterling Resorts, suggested #907W since it is a unit being sold by Sterling & not used by an owner. She was right. I had no breathing problems at all. Anyone with asthma and severe allergies knows what it means to be exposed to the " triggers" that bring on an attack. I had no trouble keeping up with the grandkids and felt great.
We were in PCB for our nephew's wedding and wanted a place the kids would enjoy. Splash was perfect. The unit was roomy and view beautiful. Large balcony. The kitchen was great but the can opener didn't work! That's about the only complaint I can think of.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank D M
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Boy, am I glad I didn't read the reviews BEFORE my family visited Splash. I never would have stayed there and we would have missed out on a wonderful family experience. We rented our condo (1104W) through VRBO, which was listed by Best Beach Getaways. Originally I would not have preferred a room on the 11th floor because I was afraid it would be too high, but it was a deal we couldn't resist. Once there, I was pleased to find it wasn't bad at all!! Check in was at 4:00 but the agent called us at 3:30 and said the room was ready and we could go on in, that was great. The room was very clean and smelled fresh. The unit was perfect for 2 adults and 3 kids. My kids loved the pool activities! They were constantly entertained between the water park, indoor pool, hot tub, outdoor pool, and the lazy river. My oldest is a mature 10 year old and still enjoyed every bit of it! We arrived Sept 21st. There is some outside remodeling going on until March 2014 but it didn't bother us at all. This time of year we found no overcrowding at the pools, hot tub, or elevators. We only waited on the elevators for a minute. This is a wonderful, family friendly resort! My kids enjoyed making friends with other kids there. We've been to other beaches where you seem to have a "long" walk to the ocean. We enjoyed the very short distance from building to ocean. Any employees we encountered on the property were courteous. It was nice having Alvin's Island right across the street. There is a ton of shopping, and plenty of restaurants, at Pier Park, just a 2 or 3 minute drive. Alot of the negative reviews I just read had to do with booking a unit through Sterling Resorts. I would recommend VRBO. I hope you find this review helpful. Happy vacationing!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank AmyfromNashville
Reviewed September 26, 2013

First Time to Panama City beach and to Splash..Loved it. Was quiet and now to know that didn't have to deal with a lot of the public cuz u ha to have a wrist band to belong there. Te only negative thing I would have to say is that needs to have housekeeping more handing we ran out of trash bags and dish liquid and an they never responded but that's my only complaint. Everything is in good driving distances so that's good..Can't wait to return!!! We stayed on 15th floor and Amazing view loved it

• Stayed: September 2013