“LOVED IT” 5 of 5 stars

Splash Resort Condominiums
Jackson, Missouri, United States
“LOVED IT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We rented from VRBO and were VERY pleased with our stay. We arrived at check in time and there were a lot of people coming in but the elevator line moved fairly quick! Lots of complaints of the water being cold in water park area.... its May:) what do you expect!! We had 3,4 and 11 yr old and enjoyed our AM's on the beach while the water in the pool/park area warmed up. The beach was beautiful and the set up was great for any adventures one may want! We were right by the parasail, jet ski, and banana boat rentals!! The condo we stayed in was amazing!! We were on the 6th floor and had 3 bedrooms all with ocean facing balconies! We had a full kitchen and used the gas grills provided from the Splash one night with no worry. We had chairs and an umbrella to take to the beach as well as many awesome ocean and sand toys provided. My 3 year old preferred the splash pad area and lazy river while my 4 year old LOVED the slide and big bucket area!! My 11 year old loved the pools and hot tubs, lots of kids to make friends with. The Sat and Sun we were there they had ToyStory 1 and 2 on in one of the pools to watch while a float!! Kids again LOVED this. They also were able to make Smores for $1.... even better! Daily activities were provided for kids through out the week while we were there as well. We loved the Alvins that was accessible without even crossing the street thanks to the walk way. My 11 year old quickly discovered a discount on the scooped ice cream with a splash bracelet on!! The Tiki Bar at the Splash served decently priced items and even a frozen drink! I was nervous about this trip having read so many terrible reviews but we had an amazing stay! The security that was there never seemed over bearing nor rude. The splash staff all were very helpful and answered my many questions about activities, grill, location etc. The pool did close one day for MAYBE an hour due to having to filter it through, all of the sun screen people wear had clouded the water and it is understandable to be able to see through it in order to have kids swimming in it!! We will for sure be back and cannot wait!!

Room Tip: VRBO 109158 way better than what pics show, huge balconies, rooms, and windows!
1 Thank Jacinda M

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We spent 5 nights with my parents and my 4 years old son. The one bedroom condo was very nice, decoration was good and it was really comfortable and clean. The dryer is a great thing to have. We were located on te 15th floor and we enjoyed the sunsets and the beach view. The pool was great too, I was particularly happy about the roofed pool with the splash park. The beach is great. I still cannot understand why these resorts don't include the beach service like in other places around the world but the staff was very friendly. Internet worked fine. We really enjoyed our stay and I would stay there again.

Smyrna, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Upon arrival, we waited for our room to be cleaned. When we got into the room, the cleaning lady on her way out told us that the AC was out. We called and maintenance arrived a couple of hours later. He was unable to do anything, so he called his supervisor and left. We proceeded to call every number we could find, only to get nothing out of anybody. The check in staff leaves at 5:00. Even the next day, the front office staff were not able to do anything for us. The manager would not speak to us at all. Sterling Management continually gave us the run around. Security staff were either completely unavailable or useless.

Later in the p.m. of our second day, we were still trying to resolve the AC issue...it was nearly 90 outside so the inside temps were around 82. We were given another room the second day, but believe it or not that room also had an AC out. Finally, early evening of the second day, we were given a room near the top floor that had working AC.

Outside of the AC, the condos are just showing age. Things are broken off here and there and the entire building is not well maintained. However, the biggest issues are the incredibly lack of available and capable management on site or reachable by phone.

The location is great, the kids pool and play area are nice, but the customer service and lack of maintenance are extremely disappointing. Sterling Management has great room for improvement in every facet of their operations at Splash.

Room Tip: Hope that your initial reservation is a room that has working operations, otherwise you are out of l...
Thornton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Splash is not only updated but very clean and safe!
The 1 bedroom condo we rented off VRBO was very clean and comfortable for our family of 4! The view was breath taking! We enjoyed our meals on the balcony! The guys down on the beach were so helpful! Tip them and they will go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of! Highly recommend renting a unit that includes the beach umbrella service. The water park is very cold and can be intimidating for the little kids. (The water is warmer as the day goes on!) By the end of our trip my 22 month old was having just as much fun as my 6 year old in the water park! It was really nice having the covered hot tub and pool area for the afternoons!
We appreciated that the resort was at the end of town to escape the hustle and bustle of the younger crowds, not too mention the beach area in front of splash was much cleaner. The designers of Splash really included the small details!This is our second stay in PCB, when we come back Splash will be the only resort we stay at! I'm so glad we decided to go the week before Memorial Day! The weather and crowds were perfect! Thank you PCB for another wonderful vacation! Oh, check out Thomas's down the street for fresh doughnuts, Buddy's for fresh sea food, & The Red Brick Oven for great pizza, Sharky's and Pineapple Willy's for a fun lunch on the beach and great drinks!

1 Thank Angelina L
Hartman, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We did not want to leave! I was nervous going into it, because I had read mixed reviews about the condo...however, I had nothing to fear. Our 3 bedroom, 3 bath condo was home away from home for the week. We were traveling with our family of four and my parents, and this condo offered plenty of room and privacy. Each bedroom and the living room had oceanfront balconies. There were two master bedrooms/bathrooms, and one had its own kitchenette. The room our boys shared had a queen bunk bed (we moved the dresser in front of their balcony door so they could not go out there alone!), and their bathroom was right across the hall. The kitchen was spacious and well stocked...we cooked several meals throughout the week with no problems. Our boys loved the pools and splash pad. While the lazy river was a little cool temperature-wise, the heated pool and hot tub were perfect for relaxing in while the boys played. The beach access was very convenient and accessible. What we loved most about Splash was that it as mostly people with children. Our boys made several new friends and it was great to be in the company of fellow parents who were not there to party. Splash has rules about quiet times, smoking, and lewd behavior that, as a parent with young children, makes me feel comfortable. It was kicking off Senior Week at PCB, and the public beaches, the pier, and the majority of the hangouts were saturated with college kids who were loud and drunk....however, there was none of that going on at Splash! We will definitely return!

Room Tip: We stayed in 1401E, and had plenty of room and awesome views of the ocean! Our unit was independentl...
1 Thank aMAYSing1
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

When we arrived at Splash we were pleasantly surprised, but once we examined it closer we were disappointed. Most of the doors in the condo were broken, and the condo was a lot smaller than it seemed in the pictures. The security guards there were absolutely the meanest, rudest, and most ridiculous people we have ever met. They harassed us the whole trip, and we ended up getting evicted from our condo because someone was seen smoking on the balcony. There is no way I would ever go back.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Paynepo
Birmingham, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

My family of 4 returned today from 6 days at Splash. We stayed May 17th through the 22nd. I was nervous due to several recent reviews regarding the cold/dirty pools and strict security. One particular concern was the no smoking on the balcony policy. My husband and I both smoke and were not made aware of this policy until I had already booked the condo (through Best Beach Getaways) and paid for it in full. At that point, I was sent the "house rules" including the non- smoking resort details. Too late to change properties at that point... We stayed in unit 507E, an end unit with 2 bedrooms and a bunk area. You can't tell from the pictures, but the bunk room does not have a door. My 3 year old still slept fine and was far enough away from the kitchen to not wake up when we made late night drinks. If you have a light sleeper though, I wouldn't recommend it. Then there was a Queen bedroom and King master with bathroom suite. Both bedrooms have balcony access and the living room does as well. The balcony widens off of the master and that solved our concern for smoking. We were on the 5th floor and when sitting down no one on the ground could see what we were doing anyway. Please don't get me wrong, I in no way wanted to have to break rules. If I had know we couldn't smoke on the balcony before I had sealed the deal with my money I never would have booked this place. It says it nowhere on the VRBO page for this condo. Anyway, upon arrival the unit was mostly clean. If you are a perfectionist, you should take a pass on this one. For instance, the showers were clean but the grout had moldy places that were even black in some places. Dust on ceiling fans, scratches and smudges on walls, drink rings stained onto the tables. Everything else was fabulous! The master bed was sooooo comfortable. All of the appliances and furnishing were very nice and the kitchen was well equiped. The view was awesome, ocean was clean and pools were clean as well. The lazy river was too cold for me but my husband and boys got in. One pool in the shade is heated and the one in the sun was warm enough. It wasn't too crowded and the elevator wait was less than 5 minutes at all times. There were always carts available when we needed them. But we make it a point to stay before Memorial Day weekend so we usually have it this good wherever we stay. The security guards definitely come on too strong and make you feel like you are being stalked or breaking the law the whole time. Loosen up guys, it's a bunch of parents trying to relax and chase their kids, not the Mafia... They walked out on the beach talking in radios and pointing up to the balconies constantly. All in all I doubt we will return to splash. The Celadon next door last year for us was very nice and clean without all the hassle. You can also read my review on our unit from last year there. Our 3 year old was too scared of the loud bucket water drop to play in the play park. He stayed in the regular pool most of the time. Good luck!

Room Tip: Corner room has expanded balcony. Book 5th floor or higher if you smoke.
3 Thank Holly H