“Splash·tac·u·lar !” 4 of 5 bubbles

Splash Resort Condominiums
Mt.Juliet Tn
“Splash·tac·u·lar !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

We rented through an owner so we knew what we were getting...And what we got was GREAT! We have a 3 year old and rented because of the water park and were a bit upset when we found out it was closed because of a broken pump. Our son loves to swim so to our relefe he was fine with the lazy river, pools and beach. Our unit was on the 2nd floor and at first I was worried it would not be able to see the gulf but it is up hight enougf so we could see the beach just fine.
We had no issues with the staff in fact all that we came uppon were very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Rent from owner.
1 Thank sandycrack

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
Canton, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

This Resort looked beautiful from the pictures and we booked it for a three night weekend getaway. We loaded up our 2 and 3 year olds and headed for this beautiful water park right on the beach. After six hours in the car with 2 cranky kids we arrived only to discover the water park was shut down. This was the only reason we picked this resort over any others on the PCB strip. We were offered no compensation for the resort not being as advertised and I did not want to lose my cool in front of my kids so we just went up to the room to check out the view. Our room had damaged walls, pet stains on the carpet, damaged "Goodwill Quality" furniture, 1990's tube tv's, Ice maker had to be pulled out and completely defrosted, Light bulbs did not work and the master tub had a crack in it. The electronic lock on the door stopped working on Saturday and we could not leave the room unless we wanted to be locked out permanently. After it was "fixed" our room keys quit working 4 different times and we had to get them reprogrammed at the front desk. The resort had rust everywhere outside the building which just needed a fresh coat of paint but it is obvious the resort puts no money back into the upkeep of their resort. Paint was bubbling off the walls and ceiling in the main lobby. We set up on the beach around 9 am then at 10:30 the jet ski rental guy had the nerve to show up and make us move our kids and gear just so he could have an extra 5 feet of beach out of the 100 ft he already had. People are rude and don't care about your experience at their resort. Poorly managed by sterling, I will think twice before staying at a sterling resort!!!!

Room Tip: Call to request actual photos of the room before booking!!!!!
10 Thank Brandon I
Gallatin, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

In July of 2012 we stayed in 2001E which is individually owned. There was no check in, so went straight to our condo. We arrived a little late (around 6:30) and had no problem obtaining carts or elevators. The condo was very nice and clean, and had everything we needed. We had 10 people, ages 1, 4, 14, 18, and 3 married couples. Everyone enjoyed the vacation immensely. The property was nice, enjoyed the pools and the ability to have shaded areas when we wanted to. The beach was also nice. We never waited more than a few minutes for an elevator, which I was concerned about being on the 20th floor. Overall, I liked this resort and would return.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lynn S
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

This place is such a joke. It was just built and is already ran down. Rusted up, broken down chairs, dirty and wet. Pools are gross, full of hair and debris. Pools are supposedly "warmed" NOT true. Tempature is cold, colder, and coldest. Why they would list arcade as an amenity I have no idea. There are about 10 games and that's being generous, all for older kids . Rooms depend on who you book them through if they are any good or not so this is just based on our experience at splash. We were not impressed for the money. I have looked and the same ant infested bag of chips laying in our hallway all week . Also, there were blood drops around the pool hallway that were there until they dried. Nice. The water park wasn't even working while we were there and was closed for a month which no one bothered to tell us until we got there and saw signs plastered everywhere after we had already pumped the kids up about it. Thanks for that one. My daughter got out of the pool and had hair all over her legs. Stay somewhere else. We are going to destin next trip.

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Cee0421
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

At first glance, room looked very clean. But every piece of furniture was stained, carpet was badly stained. Bathroom vanities were so high, I couldn't hardly reach the sink to brush my teeth. Got in the bathtub to take a shower and the shower curtain was so moldy. Pools were freezing, chair rentals were $40 a day. Never found the grocery store/coffee shop. Arcade was a joke. It rained most of the time and there were buckets in all the common areas for all the leaks. The threshold out to the patio was about 4 inches high so access which made access very ackward. Will not go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KathyT600
Bremen, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Let me preface this review with the following disclaimer: I understand certain things are beyond the control of a company, however I feel this is not always the case at Splash.

Upon arrival, the check in process was standard. However, my reservation was made through TripShock.com and apparently Splash did not merge the two. On the paperwork provided, it indicated a checkout date prior to what was paid for. I pointed this out to the front desk clerk who promptly hand wrote the correct date on MY paperwork, told me we were set, and sent us to our room.

We arrived to our unit (1004, East Tower) and were pleased with the cleanliness and decor. Everything was very clean and tastefully done. Furniture was comfortable, and it appeared to be freshly painted. The bunk beds are large enough to sleep an adult under 6' tall comfortably, and the sofa unfolded to a queen size bed. The “master” suite was pleasant, and outfitted with a flat screen television. The 1BR/2BA units do not have a dinner table. They only have a bar seating area with three stools. This was nice, and made the room feel very open. This particular unit also had a 42” plasma television in the living room. The balcony is typical of a unit this size, comparable to many Gulf Coast hotels. Overall, my family and I were pleased with the amenities and condition of the room. One thing I will point out is this unit (along with many others) use encoded "hotel" style entry cards. This is atypical of my experience with condominiums, and can be slightly troublesome to keep up with at the pools or beach.

The water features of the resort are as pictured, and can get quite crowded. Our first few days, the Gulf was closed due to rip currents. The pool areas are not large enough to accommodate an inundation of people, and areas such as the lazy river get congested quickly. Everyone talks about the water temperature in the pool areas under the buildings, but I found it to be tolerable. Even my small children (2 year old and 10 month old) did not complain, or shiver. Unfortunately, the “water park” side under the west tower had a maintenance issue and was closed on Sunday. Sterling Properties advised this situation was going to be unresolved until the following Friday. Luckily the Gulf opened, and we were able to split time between there and the lazy river/splash pad/pool. Also, ensure you have your pool wrist bands as security physically checks your wrist on most days. I will explain why I feel this “maintenance issue” was an avoidable problem at the end of this review.

One amenity catching my attention was the gas grills provided at each tower. This was going to be handy for dinner, and allow for longer time in the sand and sun. The only problem is the grills don’t work. The west tower grills are not functioning at all, and the east tower grills only have one burner working. Even with one burner working, they do not allow you access to temperature control. Security is required to light the grill. While they were attempting to get both burners activated, I asked about the west tower grills. Security advised he had told Sterling of this issue several times, and it is not fixed. The guard advised he was unsure as to why they had not been fixed.

As I mentioned earlier, when we checked in the initial date on our paperwork indicated checking out a day earlier. On the date initially printed as checkout, we went to dinner and Pier Park. Upon arriving to our room, we realized our access cards did not work. I had to track down security, explain the situation, and utilize their services to gain entry to our room. This was an adventure as it was bedtime for my two children, and they were forced to stand on the balcony waiting on daddy to figure out how to gain entry to our room.

Splash is a resort that appears incredible on paper, however in practice it has too many moving parts for them to keep up with. I feel all of the problems my family encountered could have been avoided had Sterling not took the temporary fix, or swept things under the rug. At check-in, if the front desk had merged my reservations and taken the time to annotate changes in THEIR system, our cards would have still allowed entry. If maintenance would act on information received from other employee’s the grills would function. I also feel this is the reason the water park failed to operate correctly. With a 5 day track record of temporary solutions and ignoring the problem, it is easy to deduce why they would ignore basic maintenance needs of the pump system.

Splash has great qualities that are to be commended, however the bad (for me) outweighed the good. It is a vacation spot that can create memories, unfortunately for my family, they were mostly bad.

2 Thank ScottA341
Crowley, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

I recently stayed at SPLASH hoping for the same experience i got from other Sterling Properties. I was wrong. The room was a three bedroom 201E was absolutely horrible. Stains on just about everything that could be stained, broken shelves in the refrigerator, duct tape covering a broken pocket door handle, broken toilet seats and dining chairs and a list to long to type of other problems. On top of that, the air conditioning went out and we had to spend a night without it. The security and maintenance staff were very pleasant and seemed genuinely eager to help. It took the threat of a phone call to the corporate office of Sterling Resorts to get anything done with the on site staff. The general Manager of the property did communicate via email but dismissed my complaints until i emailed him pictures. At that point he was "surprised" at the condition of the unit. This is a classic example of the ole bait and switch. Don't be fooled by the online photos!! We also rented a 2 bedroom unit for other family members on another floor that was quite nice, but its not worth playing Russian roulette with your vacation budget and hoping you get a nice unit. Service was mediocre bordering on bad. The kids really enjoyed the pools but the water was cold.

1 Thank wjmoore