“Older Condo but room was very clean”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Ambassador - A Family Resort on the Gulf
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We stayed there for a quick weekend getaway. The room was cheap and clean. could use some updates but was good for the price. Desk help was very nice. pool and beach were very nice! Didn't stay here for the frills of a 5 star resort so it served its purpose!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank angiefaye

Reviewed December 11, 2009

i am trying to plan a trip to panama city and i called yesterday to get the prices for 16 people and then today i called and talked to the same person and he told me that it was going to be 1000 dollars more than he had said yesterday. he then got rude with me when i questioned him and then accused me of having an attitude. he was rude, not helpful, and completely unprofessional... do not stay here!!!!! i would rather pay 1000 more dollars to stay somewhere else!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank randimcclanahan
Reviewed September 10, 2009

This place was the dirtiest, most out-of-date, broken-down place I have ever been to (even in my high school days I've had better!)!! It was not worth the $80 the charged us. However, I must admit the jacuzzi and the pool was nice, but that is where it ends! The door wouldn't close right, the towels are scratchy and cheap, the soap bars are miniscule, the kitchenette was nasty (refridgerator was blasted with sand!?), and when we got in the bed it had sand in it! They gave us a double bed eventhough I wanted a king, and one of the beds was missing the headboards, the other squeaked loudly. The TVs are small, and the balcony didnt have any furniture to sit on!

I complained and they did not care (just looked at me stupidly). I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travel_Crazies
Reviewed June 7, 2009

I have stayed at Ambassador dozens of times,each unit is privately owned.It is one of a very few 4 story or less beachfront left.Each unit is designed for privacy and it feels like your unit is the only one from the inside.The balconies are spacious.There is a nice Jacuzzi for all residents.Usually the rooms rent cheaper than most competitors,about the same as a "across from" rents for.Each owner has contact info in the room on a wall frame,and the management is very much interested in providing anything needed.They tolerate wet beachgoers in the office,and all public areas are kept cleanswept and smooth,so as to be comfortable to bare feet.The pool is nice and well maintained.Cabana units are at beach level,but I prefer units in the 2nd and 3rd floors.Loft units are great for teens.No internet except dial-up.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank Waltham21j
Reviewed December 11, 2008

went every weekend in october november and the first weekend december 2008.had no promble.really clean.employes really nice.hope to go back again.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Southernsimmons
Reviewed November 9, 2008

We booked for 2 nights and ran out early morning and cancelled the second night. We stayed in room 329 and the couch had white stains all over it! Yuck I was afraid to sit on it. No balcony furniture. Bed upstairs held up by 5 phonebooks and the walls above the bed had foot or hand prints all over it thatsnasty. Shower backed up and the shower curtain had mold and mildew on it. Gross. Our bed downstairs made so much noise it kept everyone up our room (loft included) you couldn't even sit lay turnover or anything without it screeching! Terrible night sleep. Oh not to mention the security door ha ha it was a bolt in theside of the frameof the door with a wire cord around it to wrap around the doorknob. The door looked like it had been jimmied so much it barely closed. The music across the street played allllllllllll night long. The staff played dumb and said they were sorry and we have ordered the part for the bed. Ha Ha
If you want some place nice to stay go to the Driftwood it was clean and the staff was more than helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank mrspriss01
Reviewed June 30, 2008

In March of 2008 I had reserved 2 rooms to accomodate 2 families going to Panama City. When we arrived in June of 2008 we were told by the front desk staff that they did not have our rooms even though the deposit had been charged to our credit card. They tried to give us to very small and dirty rooms. The rooms were dirty and smelled like mold. We all decided to go next door to see if the Flamingo had any rooms available since we had driven from Indiana, they have 2 very nice, clean and large rooms. I would NEVER stay or recommend the Ambassador Hotel to anyone, I am honestly shocked that place is still open. The Ambassador is very run down, dirty and as for the tiki bar it is a gazebo that is falling down and there is NO bar.

Anyone going to Panama City I HIGHLY recommend the Flamingo hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family