“Great Place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Ambassador - A Family Resort on the Gulf
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Its January and its like 80 degrees today So its a perfect time to come to Florida and stay at The Ambassador. There are some pretty rough looking pictures on this site buyt my guess is that those were taken some time ago . Yeah, the building could use a coat of paint but my suggestion is to look at the spectacular vista of the beach around you and not at the third floor overhangs.
The staff is really amazing. The manager is Bill, he says "Good morning" and calls us by name every time we see him. The rooms range from a-ok to really cool. The third floor has these loft apartments which are great. All have kitchenettes and literally feet from the beach. The rates are amazingly low this time of year- 150.00 for three days 600 for a month...that's great! My only criticism is that the hot tub temperature needs to be cranked up a bit.lots of time it's lukewarm at best. Thats it. Go there , stay there...

Room Tip: Third floor has better views, ground floor less expensive and easier access to the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Grizzleebear

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We have stayed here almost all month! It is not five star elegance but it is clean, comfortable-the staff is amazingly nice without any attitude at all-. Our room is really big. Only a few don't have spectacular beach views. The most amazing sunset I have ever seen.
Nightly about 50.00 and buy two nights get one free- we stayed 30 days for 600.00
The pool wasn't heated but it wasn't freezing either (it's Florida!), The hot tub is nice, we like sitting in the tiki hut with cocktails, grilling on the patio and we met some great people in our month long stay. There were no bugs or broken plumbing like some other folks experienced and the manager has never failed to say "Hello, how is everything, is there anything you folks need".
Uh...for long term renters there is no housekeeping service, but not being too lazy we were free to exchange our linens whenever we wanted. Sand gets into everything but that comes with being n the beach I guess.LOL!

Room Tip: Bottom level best rates and no stairs to climb, the beach is feet from your door.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank sasafrassbuttercup
Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights around the 4th of July. I was worried about the cleanliness of the rooms after reading the horrible reviews. I was very surprised when we arrived and the room was spotless. There were no bugs, no mold, and plenty of hot water. It's best to stay on the 2nd floor because of sand dunes blocking the view of the beach. Me and my family will be staying here again. Great choice for the cheap price!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank Kayla S
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We couldn't even sleep there, checked out after 2 hours. They let 18 year-old's rent so it's a non-stop party. The rooms are filthy and the manager is a creep!! I was amazed at the rudeness of the manager, he didn't care at all that people were miserable. This was a last minute trip so I didn't have time to research the place before going...wish I had!!

Room Tip: Go to the Origon or Seascape for a nice room. DO NOT STAY AT THE AMBASSADOR!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank margaret m
Reviewed April 2, 2012

When We first arrived my fiancé and I was like what the hell. It looks like the projects. We checked in and front office smelled like cigarettes major problem. We had a room at the bottom where you walk directly on da beach but it wasn't cleaned properly. The bed squeaked so bad that it was making my head hurt. The kitchen had water bugs and the bathroom shower curtains were mildewed. Tub stayed stopped up. I will never stay there again. It needs to b remodeled or torn down. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay there. I've experienced it and you shouldn't have to.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank Tedrajade
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This certainly isn't the Hilton, but it's good enough if you have low expectations and are just looking somewhere to stay on a budget. We were there in low season, so it only cost $39 plus tax. The condo we stayed in had two bedrooms separated by the kitchen area and the bathroom area. The kitchen was adequate for doing basic cooking, which was a bonus in itself, for the most you get from a motel room is a microwave and fridge. Finding somewhere nearby that sold decent food to cook was another matter though.

It was cold when we were there, but the position by the beach would be brilliant in summer. There are certainly better establishments around here in equally good positions, but it depends on what you can afford. The pool had water in it, but I wasn't going to brave the cold for the sake of a dip.

The staff I encountered were friendly enough, so I had a different experience to some others. The place has wifi, but it only works in the lobby.

Overall I'm glad we stayed here, because it suited our basic needs and the price was right.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank RobWinmar
Reviewed March 11, 2012

DO NOT STAY HEREE!! I went on Spring Break with me and 7 of my friends. We got there, it stunk, had no hot water, toilet barely flushed, no lock on the back door, ciggerettes under the bed, nobody is in the office from 5 pm- 9 am, the pool was empty, owner was VERY rude and unprofessional, mold was in the bathroom, shower head was held on with silly puddy. One day we woke up and we were locked IN our room, the door was jammed and we could not get it opened. We felt very unsafe there and this is false advertising!! Overall, the place was filthy. Find somewhere else.

Room Tip: Not room 206
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends