“Very nice and clean hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ambassador - A Family Resort on the Gulf

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Panama City Beach
Ambassador - A Family Resort on the Gulf
Detroit, Alabama, United States
“Very nice and clean hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 4 nights around the 4th of July. I was worried about the cleanliness of the rooms after reading the horrible reviews. I was very surprised when we arrived and the room was spotless. There were no bugs, no mold, and plenty of hot water. It's best to stay on the 2nd floor because of sand dunes blocking the view of the beach. Me and my family will be staying here again. Great choice for the cheap price!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
10 Thank Kayla S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2012

We couldn't even sleep there, checked out after 2 hours. They let 18 year-old's rent so it's a non-stop party. The rooms are filthy and the manager is a creep!! I was amazed at the rudeness of the manager, he didn't care at all that people were miserable. This was a last minute trip so I didn't have time to research the place before going...wish I had!!

Room Tip: Go to the Origon or Seascape for a nice room. DO NOT STAY AT THE AMBASSADOR!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank margaret m

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

When We first arrived my fiancé and I was like what the hell. It looks like the projects. We checked in and front office smelled like cigarettes major problem. We had a room at the bottom where you walk directly on da beach but it wasn't cleaned properly. The bed squeaked so bad that it was making my head hurt. The kitchen had water bugs and the bathroom shower curtains were mildewed. Tub stayed stopped up. I will never stay there again. It needs to b remodeled or torn down. I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay there. I've experienced it and you shouldn't have to.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Tedrajade
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

This certainly isn't the Hilton, but it's good enough if you have low expectations and are just looking somewhere to stay on a budget. We were there in low season, so it only cost $39 plus tax. The condo we stayed in had two bedrooms separated by the kitchen area and the bathroom area. The kitchen was adequate for doing basic cooking, which was a bonus in itself, for the most you get from a motel room is a microwave and fridge. Finding somewhere nearby that sold decent food to cook was another matter though.

It was cold when we were there, but the position by the beach would be brilliant in summer. There are certainly better establishments around here in equally good positions, but it depends on what you can afford. The pool had water in it, but I wasn't going to brave the cold for the sake of a dip.

The staff I encountered were friendly enough, so I had a different experience to some others. The place has wifi, but it only works in the lobby.

Overall I'm glad we stayed here, because it suited our basic needs and the price was right.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank RobWinmar
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

DO NOT STAY HEREE!! I went on Spring Break with me and 7 of my friends. We got there, it stunk, had no hot water, toilet barely flushed, no lock on the back door, ciggerettes under the bed, nobody is in the office from 5 pm- 9 am, the pool was empty, owner was VERY rude and unprofessional, mold was in the bathroom, shower head was held on with silly puddy. One day we woke up and we were locked IN our room, the door was jammed and we could not get it opened. We felt very unsafe there and this is false advertising!! Overall, the place was filthy. Find somewhere else.

Room Tip: Not room 206
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kourtney H
Dawson, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

My husband and I rented a room that had just been painted. The fumes where strong and our eyes where watering badly. I went to the front desk and without hesitation they changed rooms for us. It was a nice room with balcony. The air conditioner in the back room didn't work real well but the other air conditioner was enough to stay comfortable. It was very clean all the way around. The lady in the office was so very nice to use. Even called to check if we where ok from the paint the next day. I had a lap top and the internet was perfect to use. My husband and I jumped into the hot tub which was heaven. It was very clean and well kept up. We caught fish and used their grill which was also very clean. I would stay again with no hesitations!.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor all have been redone I believe. They are upgraded and well worth it.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sarah H
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I didnt even stay their..because when I called to get some information about the hotel. The man who answered acted very annoyed when answering my questions. When I asked him why he was being rude, he proceeded to call me a C*** and hung up on me. I tried calling back and asking for his manager but he answered everytime. Needless to say they didnt get my money or business and never would based on my experience and the discusting pictures I have seen of the rooms.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends