“Great place to stay!”

Sunrise Beach Resort
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Room was very nice. Kitchen was clean and spacious. (For a condo.) View from the balcony was excellent. Large closet. A lot of drawer space. The pools were large and very clean. My family and I had a great time and will visit again. PCB area was also very nice. Location on the strip was good. I liked that they had a gas BBQ grill on the beach side of the resort. Beach front was very close.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Wayneo1019

Reviewed June 19, 2010

First my review is in no way a reflection on my Condo owners, they were extremely nice, or their Condo. It was very nice, clean and comfortable. It had an awesome view of the beach and Our time in it was great. The problem is to get to the great condo you have to use the Elevators from heck, that's the clean version. After reading the previous reviews about the elevators I was concerned but nothing could have prepared me for just how bad they are. First the entrances to the elevators from the parking levels are enclosed and are NOT air conditioned. They have what looks like an air conditioner but it wasn't turned on in any level at any time during our stay. You are in an absolute Sauna while you wait for the elevators to go up.. It only gets worse when the elevators arrive. The Elevators are NOT air conditioned, no fan nothing.Can you imagine being in one on a hot, humid Florida summer day? They are a Torture chambers. If you were ever stuck on one I truly believe you would have a heat stroke. I ask an Employee why were the elevators not air conditioned? They said " It would cost $10,000 per elevator X 4 and that we would be ok because we weren't on them that long". Excuse me but this complex. is 24 stories high and the elevators stop several times each trip. We used these torture chambers multiple times per day.I think $40.000 divided among all the condo owners would be a cheap price. Besides if they went that cheap on the elevators what else did they go cheap on? The entrance to the elevators on the condo levels is outside but it is enclosed on 3 sides therefore it gets no breeze and it's extremely hot waiting for the elevator to go down You can feel the heat as you approach the waiting area. If you and your family want to get all dressed up for a nice dinner or night on the town forget it. By the time you get to the parking deck your clothes are drenched in sweat. I don't want to seem dramatic here but that's how it is. I will not stay at this complex again until they get the elevators air conditioned.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
8  Thank bowhunterups
Reviewed June 6, 2010

Okay, I can't believe some of the complexes that rate better than this one. It made me lose faith in this site.

We have been staying at Sunrise Beach for a couple of years and we love it. I don't understand elevator complaints. There are 4 elevators for a one building complex.

We love the pools at Sunrise. We love the way the entrance doors to the one bedrooms are covered on the street side. I had no fear of heights because of this.

The one bedrooms have great floorplans.

The staff is nice. The condo we stay in is nice. The complex is one building, which I love. The parking is very convenient, right under the building with security cameras. I love being able to avoid walkovers to park.

The fitness center is really good.

The location is great. It is close to Pier Park, Gulf World and restaurants.

The condo we stay in has a great sleeping mattress :-).

If you have a complaint about the one condo you stay in, don't rate the whole building low.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank plj75
Reviewed May 16, 2010

This was our second time at Sunrise. I so glad we found this place! We requested it after staying last year. Its beautiful and has everthing to offer anyone could possibly want.I only had one complaint this time. This unit could have been cleaned up better. Nothing major just little things a woman would notice. Burned out lightbulbs, ceiling fan dirt,table on the patio beautiful but needed a wipe off,. Cant wait to come back!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PeoriaCuda
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This Condo is perfect for anyone! It is so much fun and is very fun for kids. The location couldn't have been more perfect. The people that worked there were helpful and nice. It is a great place to spend a family vacation, with 2 big pools everybody had a blast, not to mention the fact that it couldn't have gotten more close to the beach, it was absoloutely amazing we were there for a week and were upset that we were leaving.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank ocean157048
Reviewed November 28, 2009

My husband, his parents, his sister and our nephew and I stayed here Wednesday, November 25th thru Sunday, November 29th, 2009. The place was filthy. We were told it was 'deep' cleaned at the end of October, which is not possible. The first bathroom shower head was completely moldy. The second bathroom shower faucet was completely coming out of the wall and did not have a stopper for a kids bath. The rugs were urine stained and dirty and we had to pull them up and put them away. The furniture is falling apart by evidence of the staples in the back of the loveseat and the wobbly dining room chairs. The unit could use some basic maintenance, light bulbs changed, walls painted, baseboards fixed, caulking replaced, etc.
The floor plan was very nice, the resort was decent. The unit was horrible. We'll stay someplace else next time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank wthomas923
Reviewed October 26, 2009

We just returned from a week stay at Sunrise Resort in Panama City Beach Florida. The condo itself was absolutely marvelous! Very clean, very up to date and right on the ocean. The two pools were very clean. Family friendly condos with a kiddie splash area. Plenty of parking in parking garage. A couple of restaurants we went to and LOVED were: Thomas Donut and Snack shop, Saltwater Grill, Hunt's Oyster Bar. We will be back!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family