“Very nice resort”

Sunrise Beach Resort
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Great resort, well maintained, clean, and every room has a full view of the Gulf with a spacious balcony. We are very pleased with the accommodations, very nice fitness room with a view of the gulf. Out door pools and hot tubs are very nice. I just wish they there was an indoor heated pool during the cooler months of January and February.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrG43046
There are newer reviews for Sunrise Beach Resort

Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was our first time to stay at Sunrise Beach Resort and we will stay here again. We use Karen @ Resort Condo Services to book our unit. VisitPCB.com She was great and we will use her again. I liked how quickly you could be from your room to the beach. Being able to leave your beach stuff in your car instead of lugging it to your room was awesome. Angie, the beach attendant, was great! It was so nice having reserved beach chairs. Location in PCB is great! Close to Pier Park and we were able to walk to 2 different restaurants. Parking garage might be tight during peak season, but we had no problem. Will stay here again!

5  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed October 29, 2013

We had a very lovely condo at Sunrise Beach Resort. It was very nicely decorated and had great views. We had lots of room and liked the large balcony. We enjoyed the 2 pools and it was nice having a grill to use. Our condo came with beach service which is a huge plus for me. We would definitely book here again. Planning to go back next Sept! We booked our condo from Karen @ Resort Condo Services. Great service from Karen and will book from her again. VisitPCB.com

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lovinthebeach2013
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stayed @ Sunrise Beach Resort unit 1904 which we booked through Karen @ Resort Condo Services (VisitPCB.com). Our unit was beautifully decorated and SUPER clean!! From our balcony we were able to enjoy a great view of sunsets and a couple of days we were able to see dolphins playing in the ocean. ..PRICELESS!! Booking this condo through Karen @ Resort Condo Services was super easy! They were even willing to let us move our date out when a medical emergency came up and we were not able to come down when originally planned. We had a total of 6 people staying in our condo (still had room for two more) which gave us all plenty of room. I had read that others have had issues with the elevators but we did not. We stayed on a busy fall week and I didn't feel the elevators were too slow or faulty. You get one free beach chair with your room rental through Karen. This includes two lawn chairs...you will need to plan on bringing more chairs or renting another set. Our chair service didn't pick up the chairs until 6pm or so. The lady that worked @ the hut where you rent chairs was super nice as well! I have NO complaints about any part of our stay!! We have already reserved our room for next year and can't wait to get back!!

Room Tip: Visit Resort Condo Services website VisitPCB.com and you can view lots of pics of each room they hav...
3  Thank Momemi
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Positives: Great beach, good location, large pools, hot tub at the right temperature, and our unit was nicely furnished.

Negatives: Cumbersome parking, defective elevators (ours sounded an alarm then kept going), game room where costs are double anywhere else, beach chairs that are taken up as early as 4 PM at the whim of the attendant.

Choose another property.

Room Tip: 1006 was a nice room.
3  Thank jeff_in_bama
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed at sunrise Beach resort over the Labor day weekend. We stayed here a couple of years ago and said We wouldn't be back because of the torture chamber elevators but decided to try it again. Nothing had changed. First, They only have 4 elevators for the entire building. This is not enough. Who wants to spend Your vacation waiting on elevators, Additionally 1 was not working most of the weekend. The main problem is the elevators aren't air conditioned. One person I talked to said He thought the design actually pulled hot air into the elevator. I don't know about that but I do know they are torture chambers, miserably hot. The rooms where you catch the elevators from the parking deck have a small air condition unit but I never saw it on. Another problem is the entire beachfront has rental beach chairs across it. They won't allow you to put your own tent or umbrella between the rental chairs and the water. This leaves You no where to put your umbrella up except behind the rental chairs with no view or off the property. I understand the rental chairs but shouldn't they have them on only half the beachfront allowing the other half for people with their own umbrellas or tents? I paid My hard earned money to rent this condo just like those that chose the rental chairs. I should be able to enjoy the beach. If you rent unit 1402 it's nice but I'd check to see if the 2nd bedroom has a new mattress before I rented it. The one We has was horrible. I couldn't have slept on it another night. Also the cable TV was very basic. It didn't have any HD channels. It didn't have all of the ESPN channels so I missed A football game I really wanted to see. I would find a better option for panama city beach. The emerald beach next door is much better so we'll stay in it from now on.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

we stayed here on Aug 31 to Sept 2 2013, we booked thru a travel agent,and read the fine print etc.. soo no problems as other ppl have stated with cleaning fee, it plainly says " a cleaning fee" is due at arrival. We arrived before 9 am, they let us go ahead in check in and told us they would call us when our room was ready, they called lil after 9 am... let us go to our room early!! check in time isn't until 4 pm. :) that was a added bonus!! we got to our room, 1911 and wow!! it is an awesome room!!! LOVED that it's a corner room!! very nicely decorated, very clean!! we were a party of 10 ppl and we all couldn't get over how nice it was!!! the only neg thing was the elevators were slow, but we were on the 19th floor and it was labor day weekend haha.. so that's to be expected!! we loved our beach chairs and umbrella that was included.. loved our stay!!! if I get to go back I would love to stay in this room again!!!! great little mini family vacation!!!!

Room Tip: room 1911 is an awesome room!!! corner room with great views!!! room is very nicely decorated and wa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family