“Nothing Special”

Sunrise Beach Resort
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have to agree with all of the reviews that stated the limited number of elevators and luggage carts is a significant issue at this resort. I don't understand why there are not more than 2 or 3 luggage carts when everyone checks in on the same day. Even if you can find a luggage cart which I could not you have to then try to find an open elevator. I am sure 4 elevators is code for a property with this many units, but it is not sufficient. I carried all of our stuff up the stairs. It was a great workout.

The unit we stayed in 1001 was a very large 3 bedroom 3 Bathroom unit. The kitchen had everything we needed to cook and eat. The wireless internet worked well. The unit was not very clean when we got there. We had to sweep the floor and wipe things down.It appears the cleaning team simply changes the bedding. We had to ask for more towels. The towels in our unit were not very appealing.

The view of the Gulf was excellent. Unfortunately, the people in the unit next to us smoked regularly and the wind was blowing our way. Everyone at this resort smoked. It was a bit gross for those of us who do not smoke.

The pool was nice and well maintained. The exercise room was decent, but the televisions did not work very well. We did get two beach chairs each day. That was a nice benefit.

While a reasonable price, I would spend a little more and go somewhere else like Destin. There is really not anything to do in Panama City Beach.

Room Tip: get a room on the lowest level possible. We were on 10 and that was to high. Keep in mind that floor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Matt22260993

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We had stated at Sunrise beach five years ago and loved it but this year we were disappoited. The elevators were slow, crowded and hot but that really wasn't that bad if you know that is the case when you get there. We liked being able to park under the buiding. We left sand toys, boogie boards, etc in the car and go them on the way to the beach to avoid carring them to our room each time. The pools were nice and seemed well maintained. The chairs and loungers were in good shape. Each room has a large balcony overlooking the gulf. The water was great for 4 out of 6 days we were there. On the other two days we had lots of seaweed. Guest started writing on the beach in the seaweed. By the time we left the sand was covered in seaweed graffiti which ruined the once beautiful view. There were lots of church youth groups and softball/baseball teams staying at the resort. Quite a few people smoking on the beach. We were worried about the noise from the pool or elevator, but it wasn't an issue. Each condo is different but as for ours it looked dated and needed updating. The room wasn't clean when we arrived. The was a very used bar of soap in the shower, hair on the floor in the bathroom, enough dust on the nightstand to write your name, a used bandaid stuck to a pillow on the couch (in their defense it was on the under side of the pillow....) and the floors had not been swept. Our bed was confortable and the kitchen was well stocked. We enjoyed walking to Sharkey's and sitting on the balcony. In the gym there were six treadmills. One was broken and two said walkers only. There were free weights and other equipment. The resort is fine for a family budget level beach vacation but don't expect luxury.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mom51mem
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Ok! Here is my first review on trip advisor. I actually research wherever we go and can usually figure a place out by reviews on Trip advisor(of which I love and appreciate the reviews) that being said... This resort is terrible! Poor at best. I've never felt more duped by reviews and pics than ever! I'm even more embarrassed that we have our family here and some close friend of ours. Maybe there are other units in here that are probably ok, but this unit is horrible! When we walked in the floors are filthy! I honestly expect carpet to be terrible in a beach resort, but my 15 month old who is crawling/ walking her knees and feet turned black with dirt in less than 30 minutes from the tile floor. The shower curtain in the small bathroom had pink slime and mold. We were supposed to have gym card keys and pool bracelets, however, you have to pay $2 a piece for the pool bracelets. The elevators are so slow. 4 HOT elevators that we waited 25 minutes to go to the beach. I have 3 young kids, can't expect them to walk down or up 12 flights of stairs. We complained to resort quest who only "leases the space in the lobby" beware cause they cant help you at all! And they really could care less. Come on people is it too much to ask for someone to clean floors and replace the shower curtain or just have the place cleaned. There is no pride taken in this facility and it shows! When we complained about our rental/unit the person who manages it told us "it's clean, the floors will turn your feet black, oh all the shower curtains have mold" they did replace the curtain and swiffered the floors and got maintenance to fix the clogged tub that had nasty hair and dirt dumped in our trash so we all could see how unkept this place is. The only good thing I can say about the unit is it has a huge balcony that faces the ocean. We are sick at the money we paid for a place like this. To drive 14 hours with small children to come to a place that is unacceptable.... Please just don't go! Also the beaches are NOT kept. Seaweed everywhere on the beach! We asked about it and was told "we don't do that here." referring to cleaning the beach/sand every morning. We have stayed at PCB every year for te past 5 years and this resort is the worst! I will post pics in addition so you can see!

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank ELAmommy
Arlington, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2012

First of all, let me say that Hector and Traci are very professional. The condo was nicely decorated, homey and very spacious. This was my family's first trip ever to Florida. The beach was beautiful! The condos were centrally located- within walking distant to stores and restaurants. I will definitely book there again. It was great!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tina G
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed in unit 2005 and we had a wonderful stay. We arrived a little early around 2 pm (check in is at 4). The front desk clerk informed us that our room was not yet ready & that they were cleaning our carpet due to the last guest & said it may be a little wet. She asked if we wanted to use the pool while we waited. Since we were hungry anyway we took a ride down to Pier Park to get a bite to eat. As soon as we pulled in Pier Park the hotel called us informing us that our room was ready! So around 2:30 we go into our room and yes the carpet was a lil damp but very clean so I was just happy that they went out of their way to clean it because I rather have a semi damp clean carpet than a dry dirty carpet. The whole place was very clean & the kitchen was well stocked with more than enough amenities. The balcony was huge with breathtaking views! The armbands are FREE when you book through the hotel. The elevators were never a long wait like I expected maybe 2-3 minutes at its worst. The only thing I would maybe change is the parking garage is a little tight for larger cars/trucks but it was nothing major. I will definitely recommend this condo & I will most definitely be staying here again next year! One last thing you can go online to Resort Quest & see pics of each unit & choose which unit you want to stay in which is what I did. There were no surprises the unit looked exactly like the online pics looked! Simply Beautiful!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Sunnygapeach
Florence, Alabama
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Three couples shared an end-unit at this fabulous resort, and we loved it! The building was well-maintained, and location was great-not walking distance to Pier Park but an easy drive. There is a parking garage underneath so unpacking was a breeze. The beach is easily accessed, as well as the pool. The only disappointment was that a wristband had to be purchased for $2 (nonrefundable) to use the pool-shouldn't that be included? Also, an outdoor bar would have been nice, but not a necessity. We used the fitness room as well as the outdoor grill. We hope to return to this resort in future trips.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Eatonton, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My family stayed at Sunrise Condos the week after the 4th. I have to say that it was one of my most memorable vacations to date. The condo was in the best location, the pools were never over crowded!!! I didn't want to leave. Also I would like to mention how great the people (Karen Jones) from Resort Condo Services were to deal with. Very pleasant!!! The only thing I found that I didn't like was the parking deck. Just glad I have a small car....haha!! I could have never manuveured a large vehicle in there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family