“great place to stay”

Bikini Beach Resort Motel
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed November 3, 2010

I have stayed at bikini beach several times. I was allways treated good no complaints. I am glad we still have places like bikini beach to stay at. Much better than thoes high price condos. I will be back. Thanks bikini beach....

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank MSB21

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Made reservations 9/19 /2010 , Just got word that we were not going to be able to take off of work , the reservation was for 9/29 2010 , paid for the first night by credit card , called 2 days later and they tell me they will hold 50.00 dollars of my deposit ! Told them that It had only been 2 days since I made the reservations , didnt matter co. policy , told them it was 10 days before the reservation , didnt matter ! This is a rip off no where on the web site does it say this . I work hard for my money , and I dont want to be giving it away. I have to call the manager tomorrow , It is bike week and I know that it can be rented out , no lose to them . I'll keep you posted .

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kat30870
Management response:Responded July 2, 2011

I'm sorry that you had to cancel and could not come and enjoy our beautiful beach. In response to your complaint, we do have a cancellation fee. It is 25.00 not 50.00 and it is clearly on our website under floorplans with and explaination of minium stays and reservation requirements. Please check us out. I know you will like what you see.

Life is a beach come enjoy it!

owner

Reviewed July 26, 2010

The rooms were clean for the most part...They give you 15 mins to check in your room and change your mind and get a refund....After seeing the room (my room key opened the door next time as well as my own) I opened the wrong number 1st. Not to mention that 2 strangers entered my room the next morning with their keys. I decided it was not a good idea to stay here..Went to the office waited about 20 mins while they with another customer they told me it was to late to get a refund even though I had been standing there for 20 mins. The staff is completely rude.. I insisted that they call a manger I was told my money would only be refunded if the room was clean when the maids got their in the morning. Ya right cause I did not have more money for another hotel and no refund I had no choice but to stay. Normally you complain about no hot water...you could only shower if you wanted to get scolded because that's all they had was extremely hot water. My balcony door was broke so no pretty view of the ocean unless you wanted to look out the window and because they were booked they would not give me another room or even a partial refund.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank gebertandstanley
Management response:Responded September 1, 2010

I was here the day this woman checked in and what she is saying is not true. She had been in the room for hours and came down and wanted her money back. She is correct that we allow 15 mins to figure out if you like the room or not. The children had already been swimming. It was obvious that she had used the room and the property for the day and was ready to head home. I checked the room personally and there was nothing wrong. My desk clerk was not rude just firm in our policy.

Reviewed July 13, 2010

Location is good, right on the beach front. Rooms were clean, comes with fridge and cooker. There was some rust on metal items, i guess from the beach front location etc.

Staff were friendly and added an extra bed for us, no charge. Overall, just about value for money.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 14, 2010

Thank you for your honesty. We work every hard trying to combat the salt air. It is a never ending problem.

Reviewed July 10, 2010

This has to be the worst place on the beach. The pool and the view is excellent. But, the rooms are horrible!!! This was a spur of the moment trip and we were so excited. When we pulled into the parking lot I was a little disappointed at the appearance. It is very old and run down. I wanted to cry when we went into our room. It was filthy and smelled awful. We asked for a room with two beds and a kitchenette. We got the two beds and a nasty OLD run down kitchenette. The topper was that the two beds were seperated by a nasty stinky bathroom !!! You entered room 117 into a tiny little bedroom, walked through the bathroom, yes I said the bathroom and went into another room that was a bedroom slash kitchen. The first night I woke up and heard something in the trash can that is right beside the bed because your bed is in the kitchen area. It turned out to be a rat. My husband went to Walmart and bought rat traps and caught a rat about 10 minutes after he set it. Thankfully, that was the only rat we heard. The guy at the front dest never offered as much as an apology. Moldy, smelly, filthy!!!! Dont waste your money....$133.96 per night!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank tarinawyatt
Management response:Responded July 14, 2010

I want to sincerely apologize for that little dune mouse finding his way off the beach to your room. We did call the pest control company and they did come right away. As far as the room goes, you are correct it is a little out dated but we are clean.I do however apologize for you not getting a larger room but in July with no reservation sometimes the smaller rooms are all we have left. I do apologize that your beach vacation was not all you had dreamed it would be.

Reviewed February 12, 2010

The first thing my aunt said upon entering our room was "well i guess i'll buy some bleach when we go to walmart to clean the bathroom." the floor near the front of the room was tile which got very slippery with any amount of water on it and the back of the room (with a door out to the beach) was carpeting. so there was sand stuck all over the carpet from the previous people who stayed there. there were colored speckles on the ceiling which may or may not have been mold. they didn't look good whatever they were. it is a beachfront hotel so access to the beach is great, but spend a few extra dollars and go to a hotel that doesn't look like it should be condemned.

Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 14, 2010

Back in 2007 we were in the process of selling and turning this wonderful family owned motel
into a highrise condo. We made a family choice not to sell and we are here. Remodeled,clean and nice. Would love for you to give us another chance. You will not be disappointed.

Bikin Beach Resort

Reviewed January 25, 2010

First off all, I think that they NEED to put mini-fridges in ALL rooms. Because we had to make a cooler out of the sink. Threw some ice in and on went the beers.Our stay was okay, but we werent in the room that often. The worst part about my stay was that I have a health condition that causes me to have irregular and very very heavy menstruations (TMI, yes. But there is a point to be made.) Well during the night, I started bleeding and a very small amount of blood got on the sheets. When we checked out, they saw the blood during the final room check and DEMANDED that I pay $88 for those nasty, old, worthless sheets. For a TINY amount of blood. When I embarrassingly explained my medical problem to the older lady at the front desk, she simply said I wasn't being honest. So I asked her to reconsider because its not like I intended to ruin their sheets. I did not have $88 to pay them for the sheets, so it was either pass the burden onto my husband (bf at the time) or run my account into the negative. They were not very understanding about my situation and if a manager happens to read this, yes I would like an apology and possibly a free stay, because I deserve one. I had to pay a $75 fee along with the $88 I had to charge to an account that I had no money left in because of the vacation itself. It makes me wonder... what if neither of us could have paid that fee? Would they still have been rude about the fact that I have a MEDICAL condition?

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple