“Good stay for college spring break, that's about it”

Bikini Beach Resort Motel
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Phoenix
“Good stay for college spring break, that's about it”
Reviewed January 15, 2010

Stayed here 2 years in a row for college spring break. Good spot on the strip. Cheap for college kids. Wasn't worried about damaging the place since the furnishings were low priced. Tiki bar at pool area. Parking was minimal.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank stejacks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
las vegas
Reviewed July 10, 2009

First night there a soaking-wet ceiling tile fell on my head. We I asked for a different room I was told there were no rooms available. The next morning the owner said I could have another room but would have to pay the $70 difference and would also have to pay for the room last night.
Ther was mold & midew on the ceiling and walls where the ceiling tile fell from. There was also water leaking behind at least two walls and into an electrical outlit.
This was by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed at

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank motoxlasvegas
, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, July 14, 2010
Only a small part of this review is true. A wet ceiling tile did fall and was cleaned up by my desk clerk immediately and replaced first thing in the morning. We would have loved to upgraded them but there were no other rooms available. A full refund was given. We apologized for any inconvenience we may have caused. We are family owned and operated and have been in business for years. We wish them well in their future travels.
Alabama
Reviewed May 23, 2009

My boyfriend and I and one of our friends just got back from our vacation at Bikini Beach Hotel. The view was very pretty but what beah is not. Yes, the staff were very friendly but that was about it. There were like 5 or 6 maids sitting on the stairs and standing around smoking and arguing while i was going down ignoring my trying to get by them. Our room smelled gross everything was nasty and rusty. The mirowave was so rusted out it sparked fire like there was metal in it. I had to go get febreeze,soap, and CLOROX wipes to clean it myself. We first walked in and iI saw a lot of red on the counter and stupidly touched it and it ame off on me I thought it was just stained but it had just not been cleaned. We brought food so we would not spend so much on eating out but i felt so disgusting the whole time I could not eat anything in this room. I even took my own blakets and the beds still smelled like pee or something. Our towells smelled like they sat in the washer for about three days. Around the outside door it had huge holes rusted in them and there was a little whole in the wall, not really a big deal but still pretty gross. The morning before we left we got a call that we were supposed to be out already when i booked it for 5 nights.When i onfirmed out stay on the phone the woman was very rude and kept asking how old i was and got distracted from booking the right stay time. I had to pay an extra 160 to stay so i barely had enough money since i thought it was all payed for.As much money as they make off this hotel you think they would put a little in them to keep them nice. I have been to tons of places at the beach over the years and never seen one quite like this. I will never go back to this place.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank footsee09
Altha, Florida
Reviewed May 5, 2009

My husband and I had a great stay at Bikini Beach. The room may not have been very big but it was all we needed. You don't go to the beach to stay in your room. The front desk clerk, Karen, was a pleasure. We hope to go back with the kids in the Summer. Thank you Bikini Beach.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank marandahartman
albertville alabama
Reviewed April 26, 2009

it had been 10 years since we had a family vacation until last year we came down and stayed at Bikini Beach, where we stayed 10 years ago, we had a good experience then and we had a good experience last year. We will be coming back in September again this year. Keep up the good service , I look forward to see what you have redone.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank dawn1252
Tennessee
Reviewed April 9, 2009

This was my first trip to Florida and we got there a day early so we booked one night at bikini beach. It's not a room i would want to spend my whole vacation in, but it was ok for a night. The room wasn't all that, but the back of the resort was beautiful to my best memory. The walk from the room to the beach was something i wil never forget. My first view of the ocean was from bikini beach and I loved it!!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank donlygirl25
Southern Illinois
Reviewed October 18, 2008

My family had been planning our vacation 6 months in advance. We wanted everything to be perfect since this would be our first vacation together. My grandparents recommended Bikini Beach Resort. They are what you would call snowbirds. They visit this resort 6 months out of the year. I visited Bikini Beach Resort around 10 years ago and I have pleasant memories. I wish I could have said the same for this visit. When we booked, I infomed the attendant, we have a infant and will be driving through the night, may we check in around 7:00 a.m. and she said "not a problem". This is where the nightmare began. So when we arrived and checked in at 7:00 a.m. we were greeted with "don't you think you are a little early" (in a very condesending tone). Of course, the male clerk changed his attitude when we gave him $500.00 cash for our stay. When we got to the room, it was very disapointing, rust surronded us. The cabinets smelled bad and left a horrible smell on your hands if you touch them and you had to plow through the balcony door just to open it. To top it all off we were woke up each morning at 7:00 a.m. by the sound of hammers pounding what seemed to be concrete. No one informed us that any repairs/construction would be done during our stay. Four days into our 7 day vacation we decided it best to go home. I called down to the hateful front desk clerk and asked if we could get a refund for the days we would not be staying and of course, he had an attitude and eventually refunded our money. In my opinion they should have paid us for staying there as long as we did. We decided to check out other hotels and found Palmetto Inn & Suites. They saved our vacation and created many memories. FYI to Bikini Beach Resort management / staff, you not only lost me and my family as customers but I will inform other family and friends including my grandparents about our stay and refer them to Palmetto Inn & Suites. No matter how good the deal is, it is not worth it. Spend a little extra money elsewhere. It will pay off in the long run.

• Liked — Nothing, I though I landed a great deal, but you get what you pay for.
  • Disliked — Staff, especially that rude male front desk clerk.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank 4seashellheads