New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Expect what all the bad reviews say they are right” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Bikini Beach Resort Motel

Bikini Beach Resort Motel
Ranked #22 of 46 Hotels in Panama City Beach
“Expect what all the bad reviews say they are right”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Last minute trip for mini weekend getaway!! Over priced for the rooms! Lots of young kids stay there ad party it was very loud and teenagers everywhere. The owner of the motel is a women who treated my husband like a teenager. The owner should of been welcoming a respectful no hospitality at all. The font desk people where very nice and Dave's tiki bar which is run by owners husband is a very nice man. Rooms were nasty bring Lysol and your own comforter and pillows. All the negative reviews are right!! Expect what you read. They make you wear an armband to let everyone know you belon to the hotel. The towels are so small they only cover top part of your body. Would never stay there again! Way over priced like staying at a motel 8 would not advise and couples or families to stay there just young teenagers for a senior trip!!! Horrible smelly place stay away

• Stayed May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Candace01
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, June 16, 2012
I am sorry that you had an issue with the armbands on a HUGE holiday weekend which is also high school graduation. But in all fairness, they were for you and your families safety. The Hotel across the street had their pool closed and were sending THEIR guest over to use our amenities. I'm sure it would have been a problem if you had no lounge chairs or the pool was over run by NON paying guests. I enjoyed our chat about your grand daughter and her graduation. I could only hope that you would have told me then if there was something wrong with your room. I would have personally taken care of it.. Being Memorial Day Weekend are rates were at a holiday rate but in noway out of line. We are family owned and operated and have a high repeat guest ratio.

Life is a beach! Please come and enjoy it!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Meansville, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Just returned from a week at Bikini Beach Resort and must say that it gets better every time that we stay there. The staff are very friendly and make our stay very enjoyable. The owners are always asking for ways to improve their establishment and love to hear feedback from their guests (family). In the last year they have put in new stoves and cabinets and were in the process of putting new mattresses in the rooms while we were there ( the owner had us sit on one of the beds that had the new mattress and I must say that I am looking even more forward to my next stay). There is a beautiful pool which is kept very clean and you are also just steps away from the gulf. We have been going to BBR since 1986 and it is like going home to see your family. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ruth N
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here, the people were very generous and helpful! The beach was where we wanted to spend a lot of time and the beach access from the hotel was great! Our hotel room was nice and again I can't be more happy with the generous people who work there, thanks for the wonderful experience! I will be back!

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank PaulaReeves2034
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

My family and I have been staying at Bikini Beach for many years and couldn't think of staying anywhere else. The prices are very reasonable, the location is great, and its an original PCB hotel. On our most recent stay we were pleased to find out that all the kitchen appliances and cabinets had been replaced with new ones, which always come in handy! The staff is always amazing, and is never anything short of accommodating and extremely friendly. The tiki bar is the cherry on top, ending each day with a delicious drink watching the sunset. My family has made many memories at Bikini Beach over the years and will continue to for years to come!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kickers814
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

This was my first time staying at Bikini Beach, referred to me by coworkers and friends. It is located RIGHT ON THE BEACH, and has a tiki bar and beach rentals are right in front of the hotel on the beach. If you are a family with a budget that don't require fancy frills, then you will be very satisfied with Bikini Beach (American Owned). They are much more reasonable than most hotels in the area.

My room was very clean and comfortable. The rooms do not have frills, but it does have the necessary amenities (Cable TV, hairdryer, safe and a great air conditioner). One of my friends got a room with a kitchenette (full size stove and refrigerator w a balcony), so if you are going to bring your kids (NOT on spring break week), then you will be very satisfied. The staff was also very friendly.

I noticed some bad reviews AFTER my stay at Bikini Beach and it is obvious that those reviews are during spring break, which is going to expose guests to all walks of life. That's just what you have to expect anywhere in Panama City during Spring Break.

Room Tip: I would recommend the balcony rooms with a kitchen if you are staying a week and want to save money...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dinktravel
Daytona Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have to say I am not one to write reviews, good or bad, I just move on from my experience but I felt like this hotel definetly needs to be let know to other NOT TO STAY HERE. My friend and I were in town for the weekend and wanted to stay on beach side. Rates were high at other locations, and this motel was family owned with a sign" Come as a Guest leave as a friend." We thought perfect, on the beach, good rate, locally owned, should be fine. Not the marriott but works. WRONG!!!checked in, went to get luggage, parking lot smelled of marjauanna.. STRONG!! Get to are room and the sink in bathroom is disgusting and filthy. Beds sheets had stains on them, did not want to walk on the carpet barefoot and took showers with flipflops on. We said lets deal with it we leave tomorrow, we had no sleep, people slamming doors yelling in halls. Was an awful experience! management was un cooperative when asked to speak with them "Anne" it was her day off so she didn't feel she needed to be bothered she could deal with the problem on her next day in. Would NOT recommend this place to a homeless man. Was worse experience ever and I have been to some run down hotels, this by far tops them all.

Room Tip: Don't Book here, keep looking!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Ali D
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Management would not even talk to me when I had a complaint her excuse was that she want inthe clock and she would deal with it the morning. People were smoking pot, overly drunk, slamming doors yelling and just reckless...don't stay especially with your kids!! Left do not disturb sign on the door specifically so that housekeeping would not go in when we arrived back at the room they had gone through our things and made our bed which we asked them not to do. The rooms are extremely dirty we had stains on our sheets and the toilet ran all night long. So not stay would not recommend to an enemy!!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Mkazzinaro
bikinigirl_12, Owner at Bikini Beach Resort Motel, responded to this review, May 3, 2012
We are family owned and operated and are on the property at all hours. Before I give back money, I choose to know the facts reguarding my business. What I do know is that the rooms on either side of these young ladies were not rented. The problems they may have had were with another guest on vacation. My front desk was never informed of any of their complaints. We can't take care of a problem if we don't know about it. Checkout time is 10am and my question to you would be, If you were not happy why didn't you check out at 10am instead of 5pm in the afternoon.? If rude is saying NO to a full refund at 5pm then I guess I am guilty as charged.

Life is a Beach Come enjoy it!