“Loved Long Beach Resort!”
Review of Long Beach Resort

Long Beach Resort
Hollywood
“Loved Long Beach Resort!”
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Great Resort!! With only 14 stories and 6 units on each floor the reosort is an oasis in the midst of the chaos. With 3 pools (one of them huge) there was always lounge chairs available. We stayed in a 2BR condo and found the floorplan extraordinary. Every room had a view of the Gulf of Mexico through floor to ceiling glass windows and both bedrooms as well as the living room had access to the huge, very comforable balcony.
We visited many of the newer condos as we would have liked to try one of the other resorts next year but were very disappointed.
We won't stay anywhere else on our return to Panama City Beach.

• Liked — Uncrowded, Great Security (safe), Large , clean quiet pool area.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Thai first
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 3, 2008

I spent a lot of time researching a place to stay inPCB for my 40th birthday weekend. I wanted a place that was going to be near some nightlife but also not too loud when I wanted to just sit on the deck and watch the ocean. Long Beach Resort was perfect for both of those. It is within walking distance of Pineapple Willys and Coyote Ugly. Spinnaker and Club La Vela are close enough to walk to but it is a long walk. The resort itself was great. The condo (rented through an owner) was very clean and well decorated. The resort was also very clean. The bathrooms, the pool areas, the elevators and the grounds were in very good shape. I will stay here again for family gatherings or another weekend away with my wife.

• Liked — It was very clean.
  • Disliked — Most restaurants were a little far away.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We just returned from a week long stay (7/13-7/19) at Long Beach, and loved it once again! This was our 4th time staying at the resort, and we loved it just as much as the first time! We rented a 2 bedroom unit directly through an owner. Renting from an owner is great since you know what you're getting ahead of time.
In my opinion, Long Beach has the best floorplan of any of the other resorts on the beach. You just can't beat the fact that all of the rooms are facing the ocean. The large balcony is definitely a plus, and having access from both bedrooms is even better. The units are definitely roomy as well. There were 6 of us (4 adults, 2 kids), and we never had any problems with space.
One thing that is new since the last time we visited is the wireless internet access. I was very happy to have this. Though the connection was sometimes hard to get, but that was mainly because they were working on during part of our stay. Either way, it was still nice to have.
We really liked the fact that the Long Beach has an actual parking lot with lots of spaces instead of a crammed parking garage.
As far as the crowd level, the resort did seem to be crowded as the girl's softball World Series was going on at the same time we were there. However, we NEVER waited more than a minute or two for elevators. I know this has been a common complaint of some of the other resorts, but it was definitely not an issue here.
We also love the fact that Long Beach is in a great location. Pineapple Willy's is a very short walk down the beach, and Wal-Mart is basically across the street.
The only complaint that I do have about the resort is the cleaning of the pool. We decided to hit the pool early one morning (8:30 a.m.), and when we got to the pool, they were still cleaning it. It was nice and clean, UNTIL they turned the waterfalls on. It made so sense as to why they turned the waterfalls on after they had cleaned since this just dirtied the water back up from all the debris that was on the rocks when the water was turned on. It wasn't a huge deal, but just didn't make sense.
We also visited the "Hangout" for the first time on this trip. The line was long on most days that we were at the pool, but the service was fast and friendly. The drinks are very yummy as is the food. They have pizza, cheese fries, etc. We definitely recommend checking it out for a quick snack or a great drink!
We are already thinking about a trip to PC Beach for next year, and we know that we'll definitely be staying at the Long Beach again!

• Liked — Floorplan, location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank UGAFan0829
Kentucky
Reviewed July 1, 2008

VRBO 84013 - We've just returned from a great week in Panama City. The Long Beach Resort was wonderful. We rented from KC Enterprises. They were super to work with. We did it all over the phone. They sent us the keys and all the information in the mail so there was no "check-in" when we arrived. We have stayed in condos many times, but never one the size of this one. It was in Tower 2, 6th floor and was amazing. The place was spotless when we arrived. We were shocked at how large the second bedroom was. The condos offer full glass views of the ocean from the bedrooms and both bedrooms open to the huge balcony. The kitchen was stocked with more than enough pots, pans, etc... I was pleasantly surprised. The lagoon pool was beautiful and the Hangout served good food at very reasonable prices. We had a fabulous week and will definately stay here again!

• Liked — The size and space of the condo
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank KYTeacher67
Kentucky
Reviewed June 27, 2008

We are just returning from a week long stay at Long Beach Resort at Panama City Beach. My wife and I stayed and in a studio type room that had a wonderful ocean view.

They have three different pools spread throughout the property (one large pool and two smaller ones), but the main pool was excellent. Every room at the resort was taken, but there was never a problem with having room in the pool. It was large enough for everyone to have space and there were plenty of lounge chairs for everyone as well. The "Hang-out" bar beside the pool was also excellent, where you could get a burger or pizza for lunch or just a drink while you are taking in the sun. The gentleman running it always did an excellent job.

The only negative about Long Beach was the check-in process. My wife and I arrived there around 3 p.m. even though check wasn't until 4. They told us on the phone early in the day that if our room was ready we could check in early. We ended up having to wait until 5:30. I never complained, because the people at the desk couldn't help that the cleaning ladies were slow, but it was frustrating not being able to check in when we were supposed to at 4:00. The cleaning ladies could have probably spent just a little more time on cleaning the floors in our room as well.

But once again, overall this was a GREAT stay!!! I would definitely stay here again, just maybe next time I would arrive at 5:30 or 6:00!

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank KHurt
tuscaloosa
Reviewed June 25, 2008

My husband and I just got back from our 1 year anniversary at Long Beach Resort in PCB! We stayed on the 9th floor in a studio room. The room was very clean and very modern! Only compaint I had about the room was the view. We didn't know that ALL studio rooms are on the ENDS of the hotel and your view consists of 1/2 building and 1/2 beach! But you can still see the beach though! Anyways, the pool is AWSOME! It was very clean and relaxing! It made you feel like you were in paradise! I also felt very safe there! security was very stricked about having pool tags with you at ALL times in order to get in the gate! Also a car tag has to be checked every time you enter! But i like that they want to keep it safe!

• Liked — The pool, room, and cleanliness!
  • Disliked — Studio Beach View
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank king3991
grand lake, ok
Reviewed June 17, 2008

Reserving your stay is most impressive. Checking in was almost as impressive. Tower 1 (there are 4) room 1205 has stains on the carpet. Bleached carpet in the bedroom and bathroom. Badly stained carpets in the living room. 6-15-08 I asked mgmt to remove the DNA from the living room carpet.. front desk said carpet would be cleaned early AM 6-16. never happened. Then both my keys quit working. Took an hour for maintenance to show up to let me in. While I was there watching maintenance figure things out, he was confused and said "what the heck is going on here?" The shower handle fell off in my hand...This faciity has a $60 cleaning fee when you leave. So, clean the darned place..and not leave stains in the carpet from previous occupants .. clean the place and earn the money others pay. I did not trust the honesty of the managment nor cleanig personnel so I remove the bedding and laundred them. The sliding living room door WILL NOT LOCK. Makes sleeping tough knowing I always lock my door before I go to sleep. Clock in the kitchen has no battery...Light bulbs burned out in the bedroom. Too bad... this place has potential. Not coming back.

• Liked — The refrigerator was col
  • Disliked — Front desk personnel are smart as..ed
  • Stayed June 2008