“Not bad! We had a great stay.”
Review of Long Beach Resort

Long Beach Resort
Reviewed June 1, 2013

This resort is currently in the process of remodeling the exterior of the buildings and the finished product is going to look great! The best part of this resort is its beaches! Since there are 4 buildings, everyone is spread out on the beach so you do not have to sit right next to each other. This was not the same case at the resorts next door. Next door they had umbrellas 5 deep and you sat right next to each other. The (3) pools and (3) hot tubs were are a plus as well! We enjoyed sitting in the resort style lagoon pool while listening to music at the tiki bars when we didn't want to get sandy.

Long beach resort is located right on the main strip and you can easily walk to a variety of different restaurants. We walked to Pineapple Willies for dinner once and for drinks 2 or 3 times. It is about 300 yards to the east of our beach so I definitely recommend stopping by there.

No, it is not a top resort. It needs work, but it definitely exceeded my expectations.

Room Tip: Building number two is currently remodeled.
4  Thank drew J
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for providing your feedback and telling us about your stay at Long Beach Resort. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here. Long Beach is one of the very few properties that has such a large beach front and amazing room layouts. Currently 1 building exterior is complete for the remodel and the plans for the other 3 buildings will be occurring soon. We hope to see you again and let us know what you think about the new renovations.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at the Long Beach Resort, Tower 4 Room 607E for the first time over Memorial Day weekend. I was nervous because some of the previous bad reviews. Our studio one bedroom was spotless and had very nice furnishings, the grounds were clean and the pool was well maintained, large and not very busy. We also enjoyed the spectacular beach views and spending time on the beach. My only complaint was about checkout. The office was closed and the envelope will not fit in the drop box outside the office because of the multiple room keys and property tags. Other than that, wonderful stay and I will definitely be going back!

1  Thank Julie G
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thank you for providing this great feedback! We are so glad you loved your visit to Long Beach Resort. With our great room layouts and huge beach, it’s a great choice for your Panama City Beach vacation.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I just returned from a trip to Long Beach. I was traveling with my family. We wanted a quick trip to the beach over Memorial Day weekend and booked a 2 bedroom unit from the resort's website. We have stayed at Long Beach in the past and we really enjoy the layout of the condos. Very few condos in PCB have large balconies, like the units at Long Beach. We have never had problems with Long Beach before and our accommodations have always been very nice. Before we left, we read the reviews off of trip advisor and took another guests recommendation to view the unit before signing for it. We asked the staff and they allowed us to do so. The unit we stayed in definitely needed updating, but overall it was clean. It is a shame some of the condo owners don't maintain their condos. Our had sparse patio furniture, cracked tiles, the tub needed to be refinished (it looked like there was sand in the bottom of it, but it was just old). When we signed for the condo, we asked the front desk staff if their cleaning people could re-clean the tub in the master bedroom, change the mattress pad (it had hairs stuck to it) and put batteries in the remote controls. They actually surprised me at how fast they took care of these issues. By the time we got back to the condo, the cleaning people were scrubbing the tub and the maintenance men were replacing old remote control batteries.

Overall we had a great trip. You can't beat the location. The staff at the front desk were accommodating. Although it probably won't be noted, we made notes for the owners on repairs that needed to be done in the condo. It is a shame that the condos are not updated or maintained (chipped paint, cracked tiles, old tubs, no place to hang towels). If we stay here again, we will definitely be booking through VBRO, so that we can see pictures of the condo first.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for this feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit to Long Beach Resort and that you were pleased with the service we provided. I do encourage you to book directly with the on-site management as we have a large selection of rooms to choose from, since all units are privately owned. Thank you again and we look forward to you returning to our property.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I booked this trip a few months ago. Wanting to do something nice for my kids, there grandma's, and my boy friend. With me having small kids explain did not want to be up to high. When checking in, I was then told all I could have is the 13th floor. room was okay, but saw a roach in the, and a few more other bugs in there. Did not seem clean as what I am use too when staying in other resorts in Panama City Beach FL. I called the first night with my concerns and was told they will have someone call me in the morning. I ended up having to call in the morning after 10am cause no once called. Explain to the office and the lady came off to me like that was not a big deal and had no care in her tone of voice at all. Just to be bad customer service. She did come later to spray the room. Could not get internet cause she never did bring the cord we asked for 3 times to get the wireless power to work. We end up using a phone plug in cord to hook up the internet. I will never stay here again or tell anyone to stay here. I kept itching feeling like bugs in the place. I will NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN. You can not check in until 4pm and want to check in if room ready before hand $25.00 extra and hour then when you check out, have to be out by 9am. Most reorts if room clean you can check in 1-2 hours ahead and check out about 11 or 12am. When checking in at this resorts, you have to go to one of there other locations to check in and out. Just crazy.....Nothing for the kids to do, no bar or anything at this resort. Poor service, rooms not clean. I had a 2 bed room suite.

3  Thank Alana H

Thank you for providing this feedback. I certainly apologize for the poor customer service you received. I assure you that it will be addressed with the appropriate department heads. I do hope that this does not discourage you from trying out Long Beach Resort again when your travel plans bring you back to Panama City Beach.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Just returned from 4 nights at Long Beach Resort. We stayed in Tower 2, Unit 302. I would strongly advise that you NOT stay in this unit! If we hadn't checked in at 9:30 PM, exhausted, I would have demanded another unit. The furniture was cheap, dirty white wicker. Sofa was wallowed out. Bed was THE most uncomfortable I've ever tried to sleep on -- thin and hard, with no bed pad (only a thin flat sheet on the mattress). The tub faucet leaked; the shower faucet leaked; the tub was stained; the bathroom fan rattled; the dryer squealed. Kitchen table/chairs were poor quality glass and metal. The carpet was dirty and sticky. It was the equivalent of a Motel 6, if that good. I know that not everyone had the same experience as us -- we talked to several people who raved about how great their unit was. And the location can't be beat. Just take my advise and CHECK OUT the unit before you accept it!

6  Thank NKittles
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

We really appreciate you providing this feedback. I assure you that these issues are not normal and I will personally follow-up with the appropriate department heads. I do hope this does not discourage you from trying our property again and enjoying the great rooms and amazing beach at Long Beach Resort.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

My husband and I were in a property handled by Kim's Condos the lasrt week of April and our expereince was nothing short of superb. The Condo property in Long Beach Resort in Panama City was great (Unit 1104 in Tower 1) the beach is fantastic and Kim made us more than welcome. It was a very positive experience and we plan on returning evey year. The area is great, the beach is great, Long Beach Resort is very well maintained and a perfect location.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dona B
Irentpcb, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review, Long Beach is like NO other property on Panama City Beach, we're glad you had a good experience and look forward to your repeat business when visiting us again!!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I am so puzzled by the bad reviews. We have been staying at Long Beach for the past 10 years. We have stayed in all towers. We have rented from various owners through VRBO and have never stayed in a bad one. Are some furnished more sparsely than others? Yes. But I have found that every condo has been clean.

The absolutely best part about renting from is Long Beach is the wide beach that is in front of the complex. Because there are only 15 floors for each tower, you do not have the CROWDS that most other beaches have that are in front of those mega-floor complexes. The parking lot is huge; you do not have to park in those parking garages or walk miles to get to your condo

The floor to ceiling views of the gulf that you get from every room and bedroom is like none other on the beach. The balconies are HUGE! In fact every room is spacious and airy!

I have always been impressed with the security provided by the Long Beach Resort.

I think that the Long Beach lagoon pool is the prettiest on the beach. My grandchildren love swimming around the islands and under the waterfalls.

Long Beach is ideally located near fantastic eats and great shopping. Dee's Hangout and Pineapple Willy's is just a very short walk away. A short drive will get you to Pier Park, Captain Anderson's, Schooners, The Boatyard, and David's New Orleans' Style Sno-Balls.

I suggest that anyone who wants to make sure that they get the right condo should use VRBO so that you can view pictures and read reviews of the condos.

We have been going to PCB every year for 38 years. There is no view like that of the beautiful Gulf. I am so thankful that I have a place to go to where I can enjoy this from the condo as well the beach.

Room Tip: I would choose a Tower 3 or Tower 4 room. The further away that you are from the huge complex behin...
8  Thank CrazyforPCB
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you so much for providing this great feedback. We are so glad that you love Long Beach Resort like we do! Our resort offers a huge beach, amazing balconies, and so much more. We hope to see you back at Long Beach for your Summer vacation.