“My family loves Long Beach Resort”
Review of Long Beach Resort

Long Beach Resort
Newburgh, Indiana
“My family loves Long Beach Resort”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have been staying at Long Beach Resort for about 5 years different condos. We have never had any problems have rented from some great people. Location is great We had stay in each of the towers. The kids love the pool. The snack bar at the pool has some great food. My husband is ready to buy a condo at Long Beach Resort and move to PCB. We go twice a year and we love it. Love the ocean view from every room.

Room Tip: No fitness room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dshckh
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you very much! We love to hear feedback, especially from our repeat customers. With our great layouts, huge beach, lagoon pool, it is a great place to stay…and maybe one day call home!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Thai first
Tennessee
Reviewed May 4, 2013

You can read my first review of Long Beach Resort here that I wrote in 2009. My family still wants to go back there, even when I suggest doing something different. The ocean view from every room, the large balconies, and the lagoon pool just can't be beat. I don't know why I even look around at different properties when we always have such a good vacation here. Our things on the beach seem to be pretty safe as well. It's just a relaxing vacation which we all need. Places to eat across the street and a short walk on the beach to Pineapple Willy's if you don't want to cook. It is just as nice though to eat on your private balcony.

Room Tip: Look at pictures, especially to see what is on the balcony.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for providing this great feedback. We love our resort and so glad that you and your family do too! We hope to see you again for many more family vacations at Long Beach Resort!
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed at LongBeach Resort, Tower 1, Room 506 3/31/13 - 4/6/13. When we arrived, the entire unit smelled musty as if the carpet was wet. The floors were dirty, blinds were missing in every room. The master bedroom was missing more than 1/2 of the blinds, therefore, we had to hang a sheet for privacy. The bathtubs had grit in the bottom. There was limited hot water and a leak in the utility room. We reported these issues without resolve. The linens smelled musty as well. The day we were leaving, I checked under the bed to make sure we were not leaving anything and I observed half empty Dr. Pepper cans, half eaten candy bars with candy paper. We also found this under the couch in the living room. As we were leaving, we observed a cleaning lady with a small cady that she could carry in one hand. That explained the poor cleaning. We have stayed at Shores of Panama for the past four years and that is where we will stay from now on. I have not experienced a facility in this ill repair in a very long time. Being old and outdated was NOT the issue, it was not clean. I mopped the floors and cleaned the bathrooms the first day we arrived. I would not recommend this place to anyone. The sad part is that is was alot more expensive than Shores of Panama.

1 Thank Sandy A
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We appreciate you providing this feedback. Please rest assured that I will follow up with our housekeeping and maintenance team. This experience is very uncommon and we greatly apologize. I understand your interest at the neighbor resort and hope that you will give us another opportunity to have a great experience at Long Beach, like so many other.

Travelers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
Reviewed April 9, 2013

After reading the other reviews I'm wondering if we stayed at the same resort. Yes the resort is old and tired looking but are you buying it? No. Your renting for a week. We rented from Jake at Emeral Coast and got condo 607 in tower 4. We would definitely use him again. Everything was as he described. I was very nervous before we got there from reading reviews and was so surprised when we opened the door and it was just as described . Clean! The only problem we had was the toilet in the master bath doesn't flush properly but it does work. And it was a bit damp feeling but you are at the ocean. Nothing major!
The rooms are all huge for a condo and the view is spectacular! We went last week during spring break with 12 and 15 year olds and had a great time! There were a lot of families there. Not just a bunch of partying teenagers.
We have friends that stayed next door at the Shores of Panama which is a new beautiful resort and they had a filthy room and had to call maintenance on a few things. So I guess they all are a gamble and it just depends on who you rent thru? After we booked our vacation we met a couple who had stayed at Long Beach Resort the year before in a different tower and had a horrible experience. They had rented thru a private owner and not a company. So again, it all depends on who you rent thru. Just ask a lot of questions and don't feel bad asking them. I was very up front with Jake and said The resort has bad reviews and I want to make sure I don't get a run down dirty room.
We never had to deal with the actual resort because of renting thru a different company. But the little contact we did have with the resort staff was fine.
We would rent this condo again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our property. As you stated, we also encourage people to use management companies, including the on-site manager. Spring Break is a great time to come with lots going on, but the other seasons are also a wonderful time to visit the area. We look forward to having you return again soon!
Elwood, Indiana
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in unit 1205, tower 1. It was an older condo that needs some attention and updating. The location of this resort is great, you can walk nearly anywhere to eat or other attractions. As far as luxury, not our condo, neither was the complex itself, the pool are OK, the main pool is freezing, the small kiddie pool is heated, but my teenagers didn't want to wade in 3-5 ft of water. The beach is very nice, not very croweded and the guy who manages the beach chairs is very nice and they are nicely spaced so you don't feel like you are on top of the other people next to you. I think there are some really nice units in this complex, 1205 is not one of them. There were several items that need maintenance and the whole unit needs some thorough cleaning, the floors were filthy (who ever the cleaning service is, needs talked to). I may look into other units, but probably would stay somewhere else like the Calypso or Sterling at the other end of the beach.

3 Thank inmomtraveler
Thank you for providing your feedback on Long Beach Resort. The unit you stayed at is not one in my rental program. Please be advised that the on-site management does have on-call housekeeping and maintenance. We are glad that you enjoyed the location and of course one of the largest beaches in Panama City Beach. We hope that you choose to book at Long Beach Resort again in the future.
Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My friends and I went to PCB for our spring break a week ago. We planned to spend 5 nights at Long Beach Resort, and ended up leaving after 2 nights. The conditions of the rooms we're atrocious. This is one of the worst resorts/hotels I have ever stayed at, we could not bare to stay there any longer. The second day, one of my friends woke up with bug bites all over his arm. The bed was clearly filled with bed bugs, which is completely unacceptable for any hotel. We left immediately after this incident. Not only was this incident unacceptable, but the management of Long Beach resort refused to even consider giving us a refund. We left 3 nights early due to bed bugs in the room, and spent countless hours on the phone with Long Beach Resort giving our case, showing pictures, and emailing their manager to no avail. DO NOT book a room here, you will regret it immediately. It may be cheap but do yourself a favor and go ANYWHERE else but Long Beach Resort, the absolute most grimy and disgusting resort in Panama City Beach.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank David35972
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
To anyone reading this report, the unit was professionally inspected and no bed bugs were present. We are sorry for this guests’ perception and hope that they will realize the inaccuracy and understand that we have policies for early departures.
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Allow me to set a backdrop to be fair to everyone. My wife and I went to Panama City Beach during the week of Spring Break. If you know anything about PCB, you should know that this is THE location for many high school and college Spring Breakers. The majority of the client base for this week for any hotel would be a younger than 25 crowd who might "overlook" certain parts of a typical vacation.

A couple days before we arrived, I had attempted to see if there was a florist in the area as I purchase flowers for my wife weekly. The call was never returned, but I thought "it's not really their job to help with flowers." This was really a non-issue, but there is a theme here that you will see.

Check-in is anytime after 4:00 p.m. They day of check-in I called and let them know that my wife and I would be arriving sometime around 6:30 p.m. The receptionist let me know that their offices close at 6:00 and that I would need to check in off-site. The check-in area for after hours check-in was just about a mile down the road, and the young man was very kind.

Everyone is charged a $45 non-refundable fee for any damages up to $1500, and you are encouraged to investigate the room(s) well for any damages upon arrival so that you can notify them as to the damage "you did not do." As I mentioned before, the building was dated, worn, and tired. The room was no different. Some things that I reported to the condo were: torn chairs, broken light switches, missing blinds, doors (interior and exterior) that did not shut because they were off their hinges, and the leaky toilet that ran continually.

Honestly much of that didn't bother me, minus the water from the commode, as my wife and I have been around the world and dated settings don't tend to bother us much. It may bother others more... My concern about the toilet's water hitting the carpet continued to grow as my wife and I looked to leave for dinner. I did not want a bathroom issue to become an entire condo issue when the water ruined the carpet. I tried to call using the phone in the room, but it did not work either.

After walking back to the main building and telling them of our issue with the toilet, the front desk person said that she would have maintenance look at the issue. Maintenance came around 7:00 p.m. (This is day two), and fixed the problem using most of our towels. While they fixed the problem, they left the bathroom a complete mess. Mud on the floor, in the bathtub, with a little standing water in the corners. They said that they would "try to get house cleaning to come clean this up." House cleaning never came, and I ended up cleaning up after their employees.

The next afternoon I called for more towels, as ours had been used and taken by the maintenance crew. How could I of forgotten!? It was 5:30 p.m. The receptionist encouraged me to "hurry down, because" she had "to leave in 30 minutes." That is why this location gets a "poor" rating from me.

The crew/staff have no ownership. They are only going to do the minimum required of them. As any PCB visitor will see, their parent company has many condos and properties throughout the city. This is one of them that I believe they have really let go of concerning management. I feel sorry for the owners of the condos in these buildings.

If you do consider staying here be aware: There are extra fees, there is no wi-fi, the pool and hottub are not anything special, you'll need to bring your own toilet paper along with other necessities, and that there is constant work being done to the outside of the building.

As a business person, I cannot stand giving bad revues, but these guys really need to step it up, or get out of the ballgame. Not everyone is PCB is a high school/college kid on Spring Break, and they might expect a little more for what they are paying.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Spencer H
ResortsPCBeach, Manager at Long Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We appreciate you writing this review and receiving your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time at our property. Currently Long Beach is in progress of a full scale renovation of the buildings. We have currently finished one building and will be moving on to the other 3 buildings based on seasonality. We do have 24 hour maintenance on-call and our rooms are required to meet a standard when renting through the on-site rental manger. I do hope that you will try us again so that you can have a great experience, like so many others, at Long Beach Resort.